Free RealFlight 6 upgrades for top contributors

Dont i get the upgrade aswell then?i've been around these forums for ages and have contributed alot of time and effort into RF content.No worries if not but i thought i would try.

It's all good.

I feel your pain Mark! :)
I wasn't invited to this exclusive party either. ;)

Without knowing their selection criteria, I can pretty much guess it's one of those cases of:
"What have you done for me lately"?

Ahem:
Personally, it didn't matter the I was co-creator of some their top 20 most popular downloads.
Or that we old timers helped pave the way to lessen the learning curve of the current crop of superstars. Nope, no sir.
:D

But to acknowledge you or I they would have had to acknowledge the other greats from the past like Nizz, maxkop, Dirty Harry, nemo_uk, Gibby and his alter egoe's, etc...

What's done is done, it is time for the rest of us to decide if they have done enough to retain our enthusiasm for the product and dig unto our wallets/purses.

Have they done enough to retain and ensure that the top contributors keep at it?
Absolutely, each one of them is deserving of acknowledgement and the wonderful gift.
And for that gesture I will keep enjoying the Swap Page gifts that they provide.
Much Respect guys. :cool:

phrank said:
Or that we old timers helped pave the way to lessen the learning curve of the current crop of superstars. Nope, no sir :D
I would be remiss if I didn't say that that is absolutely true.

For the work that you trailblazers did, and the help that you continue to provide to me, I extend my most sincere appreciation.

phrank said:

Without knowing their selection criteria, I can pretty much guess it's one of those cases of:

Ahem:
Personally, it didn't matter the I was co-creator of some their top 20 most popular downloads.
Or that we old timers helped pave the way to lessen the learning curve of the current crop of superstars. Nope, no sir.

But to acknowledge you or I they would have had to acknowledge the other greats from the past like Nizz, maxkop, Dirty Harry, nemo_uk, Gibby and his alter egoe's, etc...

What's done is done, it is time for the rest of us to decide if they have done enough to retain our enthusiasm for the product and dig unto our wallets/purses.

Have they done enough to retain and ensure that the top contributors keep at it?
Absolutely, each one of them is deserving of acknowledgement and the wonderful gift.
And for that gesture I will keep enjoying the Swap Page gifts that they provide.

I think that say's it all.

Cheers................

Last edited:
phrank said:

Ahem:

Well said phrank...good points.

I look at this way...Somebody has to stay behind and keep making content for the older versions, for those that one cant afford to keep upgrading, and, or dont have the computer hardware to run the latest and greatest , chasing technology gets expensive...

Well,its nice to know us pioneers are appreciated.I havn't had alot of time to model lately but i do have an Avro Lancaster in the works which will make it to the swaps when done.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 19
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Well, I think they would be handing out a lot of software for free if they gave to everyone that contributes here. Its a long list for sure. I think I just got lucky honestly.

That lancaster looks amazing as per your usual work. It has been on several modeler's list for some time now. Its been requested even more so it will be a hero's welcome once on the swaps. Keep up the great work.

Congrats everyone!

I'm going to go collect my paycheck and get G6 like everyone else. :(

I'm still stuck with 4.5 and figured I'd wait for the jump. 6 looks worth it

inky00 said:
Well,its nice to know us pioneers are appreciated.I havn't had alot of time to model lately but i do have an Avro Lancaster in the works which will make it to the swaps when done.
That looks so good, can't wait till it comes out, always been a fan of the DAM BUSTERS! :D

Back