Giant Slow Ultra Stick

I'm still using the older version I've used for years. So is that supposed to be okay? I guess the thing to do is use the "kex" file generated by the RF 9.5 DVD import process and release it that way? Which is what I've been doing and I guess why I've never noticed this problem until now.
Ryan said for those using the older version not to delete it as you can not get the download for the older versions anymore but that those still work

@technoid, please see this thread which I suspect addresses most/all of what you're seeing, and let us know your results.
@Ryan Douglas Thanks for chiming in on the problem I'm having. I read the thread you linked to and will confess that normals are magic to me and I don't really understand them. One confusing part for me, the fuselage of the Giant Slow Ultra Stick was a new part made from a box object and I don't remember ever rotating it, just sizing it twice I think. I think I understand the fix Ted described but it seems there's a lot of parts in the Giant Slow Ultra Stick that has that problem so since Ted said the old FBX importer recalculated all the normals it seems like the easiest thing for me to do is what I've been doing. That is to export the FBX from 3ds Max, Import it in my RF 9.5 DVD edition, and then use the KEX created when I import the plane into RF 9.5 to import the plane into RF EVO. That way all the normals should be fixed and the plane should look the same as the RF 9.5 version in RF EVO, is that right?

Using the kex file generated when I import the plane into RF 9.5 fixes all the bad areas when I import it into RF EVO so I started getting the plane ready to release. I did the release import into RF EVO and took some pictures of the plane for the Swap Pages. I won't release it today but fairly soon. But it's ready to go.

Back