GP Escapade

Well I'd probably have the plane done, but I decided to make the visible engine a showcase. May I present a Saito Gold Knight at just under 5800 polys.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 27
Hey Doug long time since I've seen you around.

Project is looking like you have a good start on it. I was wondering if you were going to make the high and low needle settings functional also :p

Hi Dane,
It seems like I've been on the road a lot (both for work & family matters) and have just been busy with other stuff. The only modeling I've done was a quickie for George right after the holidays.

Progress report on the Escapade: 3D model of the plane is completed. All that's left is the gear, motor mount, and pilot (which for the most part I'll steal from one of my other planes, so that won't take long).

Attachments

• Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 22
I've had it for the night, here's the progress. 10,300 polys at present (and the pilot is already under the canopy).

Attachments

• Image5.jpg
    Image5.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 17
Model's done - 10,947 polys used, so I'll need to add collision meshes before export. On to the scheme.

Attachments

• Image6.jpg
    Image6.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Image7.jpg
    Image7.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Image8.jpg
    Image8.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Image9.jpg
    Image9.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 6
Not quite the same font, but about as close as I could find. Unless anyone has any other suggestions for it.

Attachments

• Image10.jpg
    Image10.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 22
dhk79 said:
Hi Dane,
It seems like I've been on the road a lot (both for work & family matters) and have just been busy with other stuff. The only modeling I've done was a quickie for George right after the holidays.

Progress report on the Escapade: 3D model of the plane is completed. All that's left is the gear, motor mount, and pilot (which for the most part I'll steal from one of my other planes, so that won't take long).
Mine looks like yours. Minus all the normals issues :rolleyes:

That model is looking good. I'm glad the pictures I posted helped. I'm a Solidworks designer by profession and I can appreciate the many hours it takes to get a model just right. One of these days I'm going to have to do my research on modeling a plane for Realflight. Great job guys. :)

Bentrod

All done, it's heading for the swaps. Two days - from start to finish (even with my wife bugging me to do things around the house), a new personal best.

Attachments

• Image12.jpg
    Image12.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 26
Heeleycopter said:
I commited to this model before (2 weeks before) you did BTW :confused:
Not to beat a dead horse, but we've heard that from you many, many times before and yet nothing ever shows up on the swap pages. So I ignored your comment, figuring it was just the usual routine. :( Sorry about that...

If you need help with normals, just ask. I'm sure someone can assist as it's a pretty simple concept.

Doug

dhk79 said:
Not to beat a dead horse, but we've heard that from you many, many times before and yet nothing ever shows up on the swap pages. So I ignored your comment, figuring it was just the usual routine. :( Sorry about that...

If you need help with normals, just ask. I'm sure someone can assist as it's a pretty simple concept.

Doug

Anyway I made the Escapde (minus the normals issues) for nothing I guess. I will post pics later of dhks model to illustrate..

Heeleycopter said:
Anyway I made the Escapde for nothing I guess.
What's new, since you don't post any work. Stop with the teasing and actually release a model. When you say that you intend to do a model, it would be nice to eventually see the output.

By the way, a "normal issue" usually refers to when the normal of a face is reversed creating a void. There are none on the Escapade, so I still don't know what you are talking about. Plus your comment about "amateur mistakes" on the swaps page is totally useless. Give specifics if you'd like to see a mistake fixed.

Doug

Yeah, that was my thought. I think that your contribution to this community has been pretty much nil at this point so Unless you pony up something worthwhile you are not likely to be taken seriously.

Great job on the plane. I was only able to fly it briefly but I'll give her the full testing when I have the chance. Still working on W7 beta testing.

dhk79 said:
What's new, since you don't post any work. Stop with the teasing and actually release a model. When you say that you intend to do a model, it would be nice to eventually see the output.

By the way, a "normal issue" usually refers to when the normal of a face is reversed creating a void. There are none on the Escapade, so I still don't know what you are talking about. Plus your comment about "amateur mistakes" on the swaps page is totally useless. Give specifics if you'd like to see a mistake fixed.

Doug

So I guess I never did THIS :confused: :confused:

Look at your mesh its a mess, all those things should have been fixed. See all the areas that have funky shadows thats bad also. You paintjob hides some of it but if you look at the second pic you can still see the errors I call normals issues. These are all easy fixes BTW.

Attachments

• Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Image5.jpg
    Image5.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 36
Careful dhk79 and willsonman, you'll wind up on his ignore list as I have. And boy, do I ever regret it!!! :eek: :D ;)

Back