GP Escapade

Heeleycopter said:
Ignore list is uselesss when the person on it is quoted by another user unfortunately :(

My complete ignore list>:

jeffpn
Yeah, since you can see what he said with the quote.. Heh.

Heeleycopter said:
So I guess I never did THIS :confused: :confused:

Look at your mesh its a mess, all those things should have been fixed. See all the areas that have funky shadows thats bad also. You paintjob hides some of it but if you look at the second pic you can still see the errors I call normals issues. These are all easy fixes BTW.

so you built 1 plane (nice model by the way)after it was already modeled, why not finish this one and show us all how it should be done.
the areas showing in your pics are created because the poly in that area is tooooo big, and the surface flashes/oilcans. if it is a slab sided model, it should look like that. this "problem" can be resolved by increasing the poly count in that section, and "smoothing" out the big flat space, but it will not fly any better if you do.
there are many folks out here that could use some tut's on modeling and such, step up and make a difference in our community, be a participant in the education process, and not just another negative nancy.
enjoy
crashed

Heeleycopter said:
Look at your mesh its a mess, all those things should have been fixed. See all the areas that have funky shadows thats bad also. You paintjob hides some of it but if you look at the second pic you can still see the errors I call normals issues.
LOL... And you expect to be taken seriously. It is blatantly obvious that you have never even looked at the completed model. Those are shots that I myself posted on the forum during the development. The paint job isn't even done and I had yet to do final clean-up. The finished model does not have the 3D distortions.

Those distortions are in 3D rendering, by the way, and have nothing to do with normals. They are a factor of how big the rendered area is and the proximity of other lines in the model.

:eek: One joint effort does not make you a modeler of note.

Last edited:
Crashed,

You beat me to the punch as I was typing. Didn't mean to step over your response.

Doug

You all seem to be missing the point. I commited to doing this model 1st (before DHK) and he knew that but went ahead and made his anyway. You know that isn't right to do and I doubt its been done before

I see you guys retaliated against me by posting 5's on my plane, 5's so you wouldn't have to leave a comment and expose your identity. I am soo sad now boo hoo, chickens :D

Be a man and tell me why 5's?

If a modeler (who could be taken at his word) had said that they were making the model, they probably would have been believed.

I said that I was sorry, however, I still don't think you would have posted it based on all the prior evidence.

The bottom line is don't let what anyone else has done hamper your creativity. Go ahead and post your plane and let the community decide.

Last edited:
Heeleycopter said:
Ignore list is uselesss when the person on it is quoted by another user unfortunately :(

My complete ignore list>:

jeffpn
So, if I want to get word to heeley, will anybody volunteer to quote me? It's like playing telephone!!! :D

Heeleycopter said:
I see you guys retaliated against me by posting 5's on my plane, 5's so you wouldn't have to leave a comment and expose your identity. I am soo sad now boo hoo, chickens :D

Be a man and tell me why 5's?

It's funny but I doubt that anyone in this discussion, who may dislike your opinions or posts would respond by giving a low score to something good that you've done, as a result of the same.

I'll bet heeley thinks I did that. I haven't rated a file in a long time. And you can quote me on that! ;)

opjose said:
It's funny but I doubt that anyone in this discussion, who may dislike your opinions or posts would respond by giving a low score to something good that you've done, as a result of the same.
Quite correct. As I personally feel the voting system is inherently broke, I refuse to use it (and also ignore any ratings given by others). I, however, never ignore an actual comment.

All I know is that those 5's magically showed up when the discussion in this thread got a little heated. I defeinetly (sp?) think those 5's are an opinion of what that person thinks of me and not my work. I did notice that opjose gave it a 10 and thats a very valuable opinion :D So man up fellas and tell me what the problem is with the Sukhoi and I didnt do the flight model so I cant help ya there? Trust me you wont hurt my feelings as I can handle criticsm w/out getting my panties in a twist :p

Also I know there was already a sukhoi model on the swaps, mine is a model of the Great Planes R/C SU-31 ARF not an actual full scaler.

opjose said:
A good model is good no matter who designed or posted it. To think that low ratings given in retaliation is just plain childish and I believe the people responding to this thread are above that. Doug is correct in stating that the rating system is inherently broken. Guess you go with what you have. I value any comments I recieve far above the ratings number.

Sorry to get off the topic... what the hell was it anyways!

Last edited:
Heeleycopter said:
So man up fellas and tell me what the problem is with the Sukhoi?
Fat chance, my friend. :( In all probability all three 5s are from the same person (which is one of the major flaws in the voting system) and it may be in retaliation for something you said or did, but could also just be be because they want to bring the score down. In either case, they'll never own up to it and as far as a reason there is not likely to be a legitimate one.

dhk79 said:
(which is one of the major flaws in the voting system)
Hey, there's a discussion we haven't had in a while. :D Maybe someone could dig up that thread!! :eek:

Ahhh, the good old days, re-lived everytime a hot shot modeler jumps aboard. :D

jeffpn said:
Hey, there's a discussion we haven't had in a while. :D Maybe someone could dig up that thread!! :eek:

phrank said:
Ummmm..... Okey dokey then.
I did not adress you specifically, rather anyone requesting a bird.
Since you have called my attention, I now address you:
You did not comply with the request of posting 3views for your tasty plane,
this thread is a great example of how to acomplish that.
Guess what? Following suggestions works, this plane will have a home in Realflight in the near future.

Should you choose to stick around,
There is an ignore function in this forum, feel free to use it on those that bother you, you can start with me. ;)

Good day sir.
DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back