Grumman F3F Build Thread

legoman

With the winner of the last two polls being the Grumman F3F I am starting an official thread for it here. The B-52 may go on the back burner maybe not.

I already have a flying version out of FS 2004. But I can assure you this will be the best flying plane yet from me. I am going to mount an RC engine in the cowl although it will look small for the size of the plane it has more than enough power.

The plane will be about quarter scale with the moki 250 powering it and it will weigh about 45 lbs

Attachments

• F3F build pic 01.jpg
    F3F build pic 01.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 17
  • F3F build pic 02.jpg
    F3F build pic 02.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 13
  • ScreenShot1542084234.jpg
    ScreenShot1542084234.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 29
That`s a very interesting looking engine, is it based on a real one???I ask because, I don`t think I`ve ever seen intake and exhaust plumbing like that before.:confused:

That`s a very interesting looking engine, is it based on a real one???I ask because, I don`t think I`ve ever seen intake and exhaust plumbing like that before.:confused:

Moki 250

Attachments

• 2018-11-17 18_03_11-Window.jpg
    2018-11-17 18_03_11-Window.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 2018-11-17 18_04_45-Window.jpg
    2018-11-17 18_04_45-Window.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 19
I saw that you mentioned the Moki in your post, I just wasn`t sure if your pics. in that post were OF the Moki, :eek::p thanks for the RW pics. Real cool engine. :cool:;)

Last edited:
Its all Legomans Fault the world is upside down....

I like Vintage Biplanes, then I started playing with his F 105....

Which needed a custom desert airfield with lots of wide open space to play...which then morphed into a series of Giant Scale Cold War Jets, streaking low over the sand...Got that Turbine-whine ringing in my ears the last two weeks...

And NOW he's building a Biplane?

I'm finally squeezing into a G-suit, and I need a scarf and goggles again?

No wonder I got a foot snow on the ground before Thanksgiving, with trees still full of leaves...

Curse you Legoman!

Its all Legomans Fault the world is upside down....

I like Vintage Biplanes, then I started playing with his F 105....

Which needed a custom desert airfield with lots of wide open space to play...which then morphed into a series of Giant Scale Cold War Jets, streaking low over the sand...Got that Turbine-whine ringing in my ears the last two weeks...

And NOW he's building a Biplane?

I'm finally squeezing into a G-suit, and I need a scarf and goggles again?

No wonder I got a foot snow on the ground before Thanksgiving, with trees still full of leaves...

Curse you Legoman!

Sound like another airfield for me to grab (steal) off multiplayer. <evil grin>

Got the fuselage roughed in this morning and stuck the engine in the cowl for fun and I was shocked at how big it was in the cowl. I think some flex pipes are in order

Attachments

• F3F build pic 05.jpg
    F3F build pic 05.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 11
  • F3F build pic 04.jpg
    F3F build pic 04.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 14
  • F3F build pic 03.jpg
    F3F build pic 03.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 15
more stuff: fillets, struts, wires, and Cabane

Attachments