Grumman F8F Bearcat

Technoid would you kindly convert the Gulfhawk to RF8 CS for me.

I have added the stripes to the gear doors; updated to your latest panel lines and rivets, made the exhaust panels look like the real aircraft.
Let me know what you think.

This file is the RF-X export, I just changed the EA to CS, but you can pull the tga to convert.

Got a couple of questions to be sure.

NAME OF CS: F8F-2 Gulfhawk

And it uses the Motor to Show NONE option, right?

That changes the look of the plane in the little picture for the CS on the swap pages.

The "Lift Mod" notation was used as a reference for my use. I would prefer it be removed but either way is ok with me.

I don't care what the name is but it's a modified version of the plane so it can't be the planes name without anything after it. So anything you want is fine just give me a little something so it's not 'just' F8F-2 Bearcat. The AV names shows up in the Aircraft list in RealFlight so there can't be two of the same name, the real plane is F8F-2 Bearcat the AV nees to be F8F-2 Bearcat ?? or there would be two aircraft with the same name in the list, see what I mean. So let me know what you want to use and I'll get it ready for you, sorry for the delay.

I kinda like having a few CS's that look more RC'ish instead of mega detailed real ...

:eek:
You meant, RC Cheap Toy-ish ... :p

Geesh.... I could have saved me a lot of time then ...
I guess none of you have been to a Giant Scale RC event ...

Don't worry Dad, They're in the hot sun too much.

I will not change my work habits.

You can "rest-in peace" knowing I will not succumb to such absurdity.

You taught me well ...

Anything worth doing, is worth taking the time to do it to the best it can be.

LOL

Attachments

• Photo_e.jpg
    Photo_e.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Blue Angel tribute plain jane 1.png
    Blue Angel tribute plain jane 1.png
    285.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Blue Angel tribute 1.jpg
    Blue Angel tribute 1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Blue Angel tribute 2.png
    Blue Angel tribute 2.png
    488.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Blue Angel tribute plain jane.png
    Blue Angel tribute plain jane.png
    344.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Well I was gonna post some other colors in some things but think now I'll just keep 'em to myself as I like 'em .. so there. :p

Took the other ones down as well.

Guess maybe I should take down all my color schemes too ... take my ball and go home ...

Good Gawd ... this place has gone batty ... :(

LOL

asj5547

I created your CS if it's not the right way let me know and I'll fix it.

NAME: F8F-2 Gulfhawk

Engine to Show: NONE

Attachments

• F8F-2 Gulfhawk.jpg
    F8F-2 Gulfhawk.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 3
  • F8F-2 Gulfhawk_CS.RFX
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Like the Gulfhawk CS I just created for asj5547 ? I don't understand your post, no offense was meant I'm confused why you took some.

I pulled them down before all this crazy talk ... I was looking for the so-called zip file that you, and another one, said were posted ... I never got back to reposing them ...

And neither of you told me which file it was ...

As for putting down other's actual work efforts ... it's never been my thing.

As for me considering on posting any future "Detailed" work ... I am reserving the right to think on it ...

I know you would be none too happy, if some people started posting that they didn't like your "Detailed" work efforts, you just placed into the F8F ... posting they wished it was more like the Foamie plank version ...

I am betting, you would have pulled your work down too.

I kinda like having a few CS's that look more RC'ish instead of mega detailed real but that's me.

If you all read this correctly, BD isn`t dissing anyone`s work, JUST expressing what he prefers, in terms of "a few", thus a variety. It doesn`t mean he dislikes the detailed CS`s, No need to take offense to his comment, BUT, that`s just me. ;)

I don't care what the name is but it's a modified version of the plane so it can't be the planes name without anything after it. So anything you want is fine just give me a little something so it's not 'just' F8F-2 Bearcat. The AV names shows up in the Aircraft list in RealFlight so there can't be two of the same name, the real plane is F8F-2 Bearcat the AV nees to be F8F-2 Bearcat ?? or there would be two aircraft with the same name in the list, see what I mean. So let me know what you want to use and I'll get it ready for you, sorry for the delay.

Go ahead and post it with the "Lift Mod" notation and thanks for posting it for me.

asj5547

I created your CS if it's not the right way let me know and I'll fix it.

NAME: F8F-2 Gulfhawk

Engine to Show: NONE

Thanks Technoid for taking the time to help me, very much appreciated.
You are right on the engine to show...none.
I will try to upload tomorrow, I have never submitted to swap pages before.

I pulled them down before all this crazy talk ... I was looking for the so-called zip file that you, and another one, said were posted ... I never got back to reposing them ...

And neither of you told me which file it was ...

As for putting down other's actual work efforts ... it's never been my thing.

As for me considering on posting any future "Detailed" work ... I am reserving the right to think on it ...

I know you would be none too happy, if some people started posting that they didn't like your "Detailed" work efforts, you just placed into the F8F ... posting they wished it was more like the Foamie plank version ...

I am betting, you would have pulled your work down too.

When I read BDs post I didn't take what he said as an insult about your work, to me he was just saying he wanted some normal plane looking color schemes too like the Gulfhawk I just converted for asj5547. For some reason you took great offense to his post but I don't think it was meant that way. We all overreact sometimes and I think that's what happened.

As for the zip file I didn't think I was supposed to do any more with it. I mentioned that's what I got when I downloaded your CS and you provided a link to it and when I clicked that link I got the normal RFX file, but I kept both files so here's a picture of the Add-Ons directory for the F8F and you can see all the files I've downloaded and the zip file is highlighted. I don't know why I got the zip file but that's what I got the first time I downloaded your CS from the Swap Page, you can see that from the timestamp for the zip and the rfx version of that CS.

Attachments

• CS ZIP FILE DOWNLOAD.jpg
    CS ZIP FILE DOWNLOAD.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 5
Go ahead and post it with the "Lift Mod" notation and thanks for posting it for me.

Here you go I created another AV for you to upload. I renamed it to something I thought matched what you did with your mod. This should upload right into the RF-8 Swap Pages, let me know if you have any trouble with it.

Attachments

• F8F-2 Bearcat Scale Flight Mod_AV.RFX
    874.6 KB · Views: 4
When I read BDs post I didn't take what he said as an insult about your work, to me he was just saying he wanted some normal plane looking color schemes too like the Gulfhawk I just converted for asj5547. For some reason you took great offense to his post but I don't think it was meant that way. We all overreact sometimes and I think that's what happened.

As for the zip file I didn't think I was supposed to do any more with it. I mentioned that's what I got when I downloaded your CS and you provided a link to it and when I clicked that link I got the normal RFX file, but I kept both files so here's a picture of the Add-Ons directory for the F8F and you can see all the files I've downloaded and the zip file is highlighted. I don't know why I got the zip file but that's what I got the first time I downloaded your CS from the Swap Page, you can see that from the timestamp for the zip and the rfx version of that CS.

I don't even think it is possible to upload a "ZIP" file to the RFX Page swap file location ... But at this point I will just upload the three "older" CS'es here and not even care about it anymore ...

The older CS'es used your Panel lines and rivets with _N files. The exception of the early USCG SAR ... which was a hybrid of your panel lines and mine, and did not have an _n file to accompany it.

And as a Final Bonus ... my PSD file for MY Bearcats done thus far. Including my "Mega" Detailed Panels and Rivets ... Which I had planned on fixing them up just a bit more, but no longer have any interest.

Remember to remove the (dot) .RFX extention

Peace, out.

PS. Your Bearcat model, really does look better dressed out to the 9's ...
Dawg gone.

Attachments

• F8F-2 USCG SAR_CS.RFX
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • F8F-2 Marines_CS.RFX
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • F8F-2 CAMO RVNAF_CS.RFX
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • F8F-2 Grumman Bearcat.psd.RFX
    35.3 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I don't even think it is possible to upload a "ZIP" file to the RFX Page swap file location ... But at this point I will just upload the three "older" CS'es here and not even care about it anymore ...

The older CS'es used your Panel lines and rivets with _N files. The exception of the early USCG SAR ... which was a hybrid of your panel lines and mine, and did not have an _n file to accompany it.

And as a Final Bonus ... my PSD file for MY Bearcats done thus far. Including my "Mega" Detailed Panels and Rivets ... Which I had planned on fixing them up just a bit more, but no longer have any interest.

Remember to remove the (dot) .RFX extention

Peace, out.

PS. Your Bearcat model, really does look better dressed out to the 9's ...
Dawg gone.

Cool I just grabbed all of them. I'll definitely try out your Panel Lines and Rivets from your PSD file on my normal CS. Like I mentioned one time I typically grab everyone's CS to support their work and test them out but I always end up flying the release CS. Not that it's the best and it's probably the worst of all the excellent color schemes that's been released for the F8F.. but it's mine and I typically stick with the CS I release with the plane. But you're right the plane does look super with your Panel Lines and Rivets on it that's for sure. I may end up flying my CS all the time but it might end up with your Panel Lines and Rivets on it. Again thanks for all your cool work on the F8F.

Oh. Yeah I never thought you uploaded a zip file, like you said I don't know how you could do that. But for some reason that's what I got when I first downloaded it from the swap page. Probably an error in their download process.

I thought I'd mention this. I'm going to start a home project for the wife tomorrow so I won't check in as much as usual. I'll be around but if I don't respond to something right away, that's why. But I'm also thinking of reviving one of my older planes for something to do. The plane is finished and released but I want to update it so that would be a good project for me since I can't bring myself to start a new plane. But tinkering with a released plane would give me something to do when I want to work on it. So you might see a build thread about it soon if I decided to do it. Ha.. but I'll leave you hanging till then. But one hint, it's a Warbird the Germans hated.

asj5547 uploaded his Gulfhawk CS today and I just grabbed it, Thanks!

Have you changed the RTAF CS since you sent it to me? I'll do that one for you next.

asj5547 uploaded his Gulfhawk CS today and I just grabbed it, Thanks!

Have you changed the RTAF CS since you sent it to me? I'll do that one for you next.
Thanks Technoid for converting the Gulfhawk CS from RF-X to RF8.
Yes I have the RTAF CS ready and the RareBear CS, but I feel I am imposing too much on your valuable time already. Maybe I will send them tomorrow and you can look at them whenever it is convenient, thanks again.

Back