Hangar 9 Pulse XT 60

I finished the mods to the fuselage, except one. I think I'm going to map it without the cutout for the engine so I'll have an electric version. Then I'll go back and cutout the hole for the engine and remap the fuselage. That way I'll have an Electric and Glow version of it. It's extra work but I might end up making an electric version someday, so I'll need a mapped copy without the hole for the engine. So it looks like I'm back to being ready to start mapping.

I've been working on the mapping but it's starting to thunder and lightning, so I figured I better stop. The last time we had a power outage my computer went down and then I forgot about it so I guess the battery in my UPS is bad. I have the fuselage, wings, and hstabs mapped so I think I'll stop until the bad weather passes.

I just finished a little more mapping. I have all the main plane parts mapped (fuselage, wing, hstab, vstab, canopy, and spinner). But I still have all the little parts to do. But things are moving along. I'm going to map it for the electric version first and then do the 1x1 mapping. Once that's done I'll save that off for an EP version and then go back and cutout the cowl for the 2-Stroke version and finish the plane.

I just checked the mapping and there was only 1 part that needed to be resized. The vstab was a little smaller than it should have been so I resized it and created a new CS template. Here's a picture of the new mapping There isn't a lot of difference but the vstab is a little larger.

Pulse XT 60 26.jpg

I'm a bit different when I do the 1x1 mapping so I add red stripes that cross the part borders so I can align them. My eyes don't seem to work using the pattern method, so I do it this way instead. I haven't done the 1x1 mapping yet I just added the stripes so I can do it. I took a quick look and the alignment is pretty good, so it shouldn't take too long to do it. For the fuselage I add a red stripe for each segment so there's a bunch of them.

Pulse XT 60 27.jpg

Back