Hangar 9 Pulse XT 60

im sorry to be such a cheerleader but i am always impressed with your dedication to details and not being satisfied until its just right. its always a pleasure to watch you build a plane. another great project from technoid!
Hey, it's always great to hear someone enjoys your work. And I'm glad you dropped by to check it out.

I started working on the side stripes. There's more work on the bottom of the rudder but that goes with the fuselage side stripes. Oh, just for the new guys. The plane will have a glossy look when imported in RealFlight these are just basic renders in a 3d editor.

Pulse XT 60 35.jpg

I went back and shortened the intakes in a temporary file. They do look better so now I need to go back and create the final version. I create temporary versions to play with but I'm never sure if all my tweaks were perfect. Here's couple of pictures for you.

Pulse XT 60 45.jpgPulse XT 60 49.jpg

I went back and shortened the intakes in a temporary file. They do look better so now I need to go back and create the final version. I create temporary versions to play with but I'm never sure if all my tweaks were perfect. Here's couple of pictures for you.

View attachment 139245View attachment 139246
Looking real nice Tech., regarding the intakes, looking at post #27, I can`t help but see a slight radius on the outside wall of them. Take a look and see what you think, not a real big though, the shorter version looks better IMHO.

Looking real nice Tech., regarding the intakes, looking at post #27, I can`t help but see a slight radius on the outside wall of them. Take a look and see what you think, not a real big though, the shorter version looks better IMHO.
I see what you mean, but like always, I seem to get close. But not perfect.

YES, I know it`s a small detail, and would probably never be noticed by anyone in RF, but the straight sides just didn`t look right..... (y) (y) Looks like the left side could use just a little more radius looking at the picture.
Okay, good. I seen that when I first made the intakes but thought I'd add it later, but then forgot. I added segments in the same place on both sides and used a size tool to expand both sides at the same time, so both sides should be the same. Both sides look the same to me but the left side does have some shadow on it so I think that's what you're seeing.

Back