Howard 500 Build Thread

I'm apparently doing my side VERY wrong and blurr looks not right in respect to the coloring of the prop

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 9
Still haven't solved mine either. Been away from it for a while due to family obligations, plan to start hitting it again shortly.

Just rebuilt my PC with a SSD. This is great addition for modeling and makes things go so much faster. I'm now the slowest part of this equation.

Just rebuilt my PC with a SSD. This is great addition for modeling and makes things go so much faster. I'm now the slowest part of this equation.

I also went for an SSD when i built my new computer and i certainly have no regrets.Admittedly they aren't cheap but well worth the extra.

I also went for an SSD when i built my new computer and i certainly have no regrets.Admittedly they aren't cheap but well worth the extra.

Definitely worth the price paid. I have them in my desktop PC's and Now in my Laptop. In my Laptop I Noticed the battery runs longer, and It is probably about 30% faster at doing everything than it was.

I was actually contemplating replacing the whole thing, but then figured that I already had a quad and a pretty good video, so the total marginal increase would not justify the cost. But replacing the slowest component was highly beneficial.

Agreed. I'm in the process of a total re-build of my system. I'm replacing one component at a time. The SSD addition as a caching drive only as done wonders for how old the system is. Athlon 2 dual core 2.4Ghz. Amazed at how it speeds EVERYTHING up.

I put the blur disk on the back burner for the time being and decided to work on the color scheme. As usual, focusing on the most intricate part.

Attachments

• Image19.jpg
    Image19.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Thanks, those will do. I was looking to find out what the Vega was, as all I could see was a blur in any of the photos I had.

Here's a shot with the finished decals. Also lighten the green from standard Olive Drab.

Attachments

• Image21.jpg
    Image21.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 22
Someone used a moveable pod as a green line that moves with the horizon, and another made a speedometer. Just saying.

I love that colorscheme!

Panel's done.

Sorry Flare, that's a waste of limited resources that can be better used elsewhere. Those working gauges were just experiments to see what could be done in RealFlight and I was one of the pioneers of the process. It you want first-person, fully articulated gauges I'd recommend X-Plane as this is an RC simulator.

Attachments

• Image24.jpg
    Image24.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Image25.jpg
    Image25.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back