HSD T-33 120mm EDF

I'm really not going for a chrome look really. I'm trying to make it look more like the HSD model. Which shiny foam.

On your diffuse use R:166 - G:178 - B:183 or #a6b2b7
On your spec map try a 65% grey or R:165 - G: 165 - B:165 or #a5a5a5 for your regular layer
Then in the Alpha channel try 44% grey or R:113 - G:113 - B:113 or #717171
Should look like the wing on my stamp. It'll get you close at least.

Attachments

• 2_7DW.jpg
    2_7DW.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Can someone explain to me how/where you add these nup settings? I’ve never messed with them

Right click on the object and then click Object Properties. Click the last tab "User Defined" then type what Tech wrote in the large box. Note the time values can be customized.
NUP_DelaySEC sets the delay from load so if you want to sequence a set of lights you can use this setting to set different delays. The ON and Off periods would also be tweaked.

Last edited:
So to use this plane in older RF versions, it requires a collision model, correct ?

T-33 BlueAngels smoke.jpgHere's another shot.

Man that's a beautiful CS.. that's the one I want.

To get a beacon to flash you need to add these NUP values to the part in 3ds Max.

NUP_OffPeriodSEC=1.0
NUP_OnPeriodSEC=1.0
NUP_DelaySEC=1.0
Sorry about that I was just heading in to eat and watch a movie with the wife I knew the other guys would fill in the details I left out.

So to use this plane in older RF versions, it requires a collision model, correct ?

View attachment 117684Here's another shot.
I think the only version of RF they say "really" needs a collision mesh is RF-X. All of my early models didn't have one and worked fine. Ha.. I missed where they taught that and didn't know you should create a collision mesh for the plane until much later. But it was optional so my planes worked fine. But if you create even one collision mesh then the plane expects them and you need to make all of them.

And RF-X works without a collision mesh if you have a powerful processor and graphics card.

Back