HSD T-33 120mm EDF

Good to know. Thanks.

I made a collision model for the A-10, but wasn't able to install it in RF-X. Maybe because the file is too big.

Good to know. Thanks.

I made a collision model for the A-10, but wasn't able to install it in RF-X. Maybe because the file is too big.
Here's what I did to get your A-10 in RF-X

First. You need to make a copy of the electric motor you use because it's not in RFX.

I made a copy of the electric motor in RF9 by selecting the motor and then I used the Copy button to save a copy of it in the RF9 engines folder. I added an "X" to the end of the name to save it then I MOVED that engine file from the RF9 Engines folder to the RF-X Engines folder then removed the "X" from the end of the filename.

RF9 Engine folder path

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\RealFlight 9\Vehicles\Engines

RFX Engine folder path.

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Knife Edge Software\RF-X\VehicleResources\VehicleComponents

Second. You need to modify and remove some physics entries.

I removed the Spektrum controller from all the flight controls and connected them to the standard servos because RF-X doesn't have the Spektrum controller. I also removed the Spekrum controller.

A quirk of RFX is it needs to have all the landing gear defined as Springy and I normally use Springy Scale Retract so I replaced your "gear selection" with Springy Scale Retract in the Landing and Steering gear. In RFX the wheel gets stuck in the ground if you don't do that. One of your existing gear was Springy Steel but it had problems in RFX so I changed all of them to Springy Scale Retracts.

Remove the Brrrrt (gatling gun) and the Smoke physics entries because RFX doesn't have guns.

All that was done to the A-10 in RF9 then I saved a new EA with the same name and used that to install the A-10 in RFX. But be sure to make the copy of the electric motor and then MOVE it to the RFX engines folder BEFORE you try to import the modified A-10 EA.

After that it flew fine in RFX for me. Let me know if you try it and have any questions.

Here's what I did to get your A-10 in RF-X

First. You need to make a copy of the electric motor you use because it's not in RFX.

I made a copy of the electric motor in RF9 by selecting the motor and then I used the Copy button to save a copy of it in the RF9 engines folder. I added an "X" to the end of the name to save it then I MOVED that engine file from the RF9 Engines folder to the RF-X Engines folder then removed the "X" from the end of the filename.

RF9 Engine folder path

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\RealFlight 9\Vehicles\Engines

RFX Engine folder path.

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Knife Edge Software\RF-X\VehicleResources\VehicleComponents

Second. You need to modify and remove some physics entries.

I removed the Spektrum controller from all the flight controls and connected them to the standard servos because RF-X doesn't have the Spektrum controller. I also removed the Spekrum controller.

A quirk of RFX is it needs to have all the landing gear defined as Springy and I normally use Springy Scale Retract so I replaced your "gear selection" with Springy Scale Retract in the Landing and Steering gear. In RFX the wheel gets stuck in the ground if you don't do that. One of your existing gear was Springy Steel but it had problems in RFX so I changed all of them to Springy Scale Retracts.

Remove the Brrrrt (gatling gun) and the Smoke physics entries because RFX doesn't have guns.

All that was done to the A-10 in RF9 then I saved a new EA with the same name and used that to install the A-10 in RFX. But be sure to make the copy of the electric motor and then MOVE it to the RFX engines folder BEFORE you try to import the modified A-10 EA.

After that it flew fine in RFX for me. Let me know if you try it and have any questions.

I'll try your solution. Thanks Tech.

I worked up a spec map and a normals map to try to simulate silver painted foam.

Redid the diffuse to remove the simulated reflections

Attachments

• ScreenShot1589213125.png
    ScreenShot1589213125.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 22
  • ScreenShot1589213150.png
    ScreenShot1589213150.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 21
  • Thunderbird_01.png
    Thunderbird_01.png
    3 MB · Views: 15
  • Thunderbird_02.png
    Thunderbird_02.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I was able to remove it. Hope it wasn't much trouble.
I had a hard time for a minute. The panel lines wouldn't select from the tga so I opened your normals tga and desaturated and was able to get a selection there and transferred it to the diffuse texture.

Attachments

• hsd t-33 thunderbird.png
    hsd t-33 thunderbird.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 15
No trouble at all, when you have the .psd. I should have just sent you that. Sorry.

Thanks for the contribution BTW. ;)

They use too fly over my house when I was a wee lad.

This is also the only way, I'm ever going to fly a $1200 jet.
First time I got to see the Blue Angels fly it was the A-4 Skyhawk.
Was the most amazing thing I had ever seen at an airshow at the time, Back when the cool thing was Bob hoover doing his off power loop and engine off shenanigans in a twin engine commuter plane.

First time I got to see the Blue Angels fly it was the A-4 Skyhawk.
Was the most amazing thing I had ever seen at an airshow at the time, Back when the cool thing was Bob hoover doing his off power loop and engine off shenanigans in a twin engine commuter plane.
The plane was a "Shrike Commander", I remember seeing him at the Reno Air races as one of the side shows during the event in his Commander, doing his off engine maneuvers. It was pretty dang cool/amazing how he could stay flying for so long without power WHILE doing those maneuvers. I also saw him in his "white" P-38 doing some of the same maneuvers, but not quite as long as he could do them in the Shrike......Here`s an old vid. of him in the Shrike.................

Donamy ... thanks for the T33. It's a great looker (especially the Thunderbird scheme) and flyer.
I worked on that plane. We had a few in our F-106 FIS group, brings back memories. Our T-33's were polished aluminum (shiny) with traditional AF markings.
I have my variant with my usual start/stop engine. Made it larger and heavier and a tad faster to fit my driving style. Thanks again for the separate canopy visual … I always like having a working canopy.
Got to say, your on a roll and producing some fine aircraft.

Back