I'm actually going to do it this time!

Ozzy

Its in developement, Its not on the swaps yet, becuase Junkboy wants to give it to the modeler of the Wonder, and let him try it out and then maybe POST IT to the swaps. If you look at the begining of this thread, you'll see that junkboy is not the orignal poster. Thanks

Last edited:
Junkboy999 said:
And After I finished that I started the BATTLE AXE COMBAT plane. I got it to RF in record time and finished it under 8 hours. Helps that the engine, servos, linkages, and other parts I had modeled all ready

I want to see if Vic want to paint it first. If not you can paint it. I'm going to write the Battle Axe guys and make sure I can use there logo for a paint scheme for this one. After that you can paint this one if I get there approval. If not I paint it with out there logo.

Hey Junkboy999 I know this is kinda old post, but where did this Battle Axe go??? A buddy of mine has been searching everywhere for this RF model. He has been begging me to get into SSC combat and this is what all the Local Guys here fly. I have flown his a few times and would like to get some practice in before getting sucked into the combat bug. The pics look spot on, Good Job!!!

I thought I would add this in, the guy that is trying to get me into the combat just happens to be Bruce Blevins who as of last weekend is ranked 9th Nationally in SSC, flying the Battle Axe exclusively. So if you need someone to test fly it to get the flight characteristics right I can't think of anyone with more experience flying them.

I need more hours in a day.

I still got it. I sent it to the Battle Axe guys so see what they thought of it. I told them I still had some color issues with the engine it is far to shinny. But I just got swamped with real world issues and every thing and it just got stalled. I'll get it out. I just need more hours in a day.

That would be great. I understand you are super busy with RW and the holidays.

Which Battle Axe guys are you refering to?? If I don't know them, I'm sure Bruce will.

On a side note. I live in Denison,TX and spend a lot of Time out at Perrin now known as Grayson County Regional Airport. Thought you might find that a bit interesting considering it was your original arrival airport. LOL

Thanks

mattkaine said:
On a side note. I live in Denison,TX and spend a lot of Time out at Perrin now known as Grayson County Regional Airport. Thought you might find that a bit interesting considering it was your original arrival airport. LOL

Too funny

I had to read that over a few time before I caught what you where talking about. One day I'll get back there and check out the museum they have now. I got a List of Aircraft Museums I like to visit when I get the time to do some more traveling.

I been corresponding with Alex on the battle axe project.

Junkboy999 said:
I got a List of Aircraft Museums I like to visit when I get the time to do some more traveling.
When you go to the USAF museum, you've got a place to stay. I understand td9cowboy lives in Beavercreek, OH. It's only 10 minutes from the museum. I'm sure he'll put you up!!

The museum is pretty nice. We have a couple of really good AirShows every year. And a lot of nice pilots.

Well when ever you get the Battle Axe out let me know. I know Bruce is super eager to have one, and I would like to get some practice as well. Bruce said he tried the Sig Wonder and the SPAD Cat TomCat but said they just didn't fly right. I am going to give it a go and modify the physics to see if I can't get it close while waiting on you to finish up your version. I am definitely not up to the 3d modeling aspect, but I can tweak the physics with not much problems. Maybe I can get something that is close to flying like it.

Back