I'm actually going to do it this time!

you still there Vic?

Ok

Had a few problems with the servos being to close to the ailerons and the spread for the control horns too far apart. This made the linkages look none realistic while moving. So I made a Bent Z-Rod to make it look like the ailerons where working. The advantages of this is, It looks real, and if a person changes the throws on the ailerons it will not effect the linkages in any way.

Vic

I'll get a quick map made for this model and then start back on your. I'll slap in the same engine and put on some linkages. You should be flying in style. :D

CLICK ON IMAGE BLOW to see it move

Attachments

• linkage.gif
    linkage.gif
    53.8 KB · Views: 38
one down two to go

Sorry for hijacking your thread Vic.

The fist combat model is on the swaps.

The S.P.A.D. cat Tomcat (SPAD Cat Tomcat_EA)

Enjoy

I'll get your finish so you can up load it for some street cred.

Attachments

• Combat.jpg
    Combat.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 23
  • SPADCAT1.JPG
    SPADCAT1.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 13
  • SPADCAT2.JPG
    SPADCAT2.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Junkboy999 said:
Sorry for hijacking your thread Vic.

The fist combat model is on the swaps.

The S.P.A.D. cat Tomcat (SPAD Cat Tomcat_EA)

Enjoy

I'll get your finish so you can up load it for some street cred.
What expansion do you need for the engine this comes with?

engine help

Hey Bryan

Did you get a message that "The engine can not be found and a default engine will be use" ( and it is to heavy ) Let me know if your getting this error message and I can just rename the engine to something not in the list and it will export the engine out with the plane,

The engine I picked should be one of the engines in the last update for G3.5.065 It is the os.25 fx with standard muffler.

If your Not seeing the engine but the plane is working fine ( not nose heavy ) with out that error message Edit the plane , make sure you have advance menu turned on, and under AIRFRAME / ENGINE section there is a blue line with an option that says "SHOW ENGINE " if "NONE" is selected Pick " YES"

Ps. in one of your post in another thread, did you say you where a Worthless Nut?
( buckeye )

I realize that this is a combat plane, but is there a way to shut off the streamer? I tried all the switches but its still there.

dklehn said:
I realize that this is a combat plane, but is there a way to shut off the streamer? I tried all the switches but its still there.
Streamers must be edited off the plane. Easy fix.

Junkboy999 said:
Did you get a message that "The engine can not be found and a default engine will be use" ( and it is to heavy ) Let me know if your getting this error message and I can just rename the engine to something not in the list and it will export the engine out with the plane,
You hit the nail on the head. Thanks :)

Junkboy999 said:
Ps. in one of your post in another thread, did you say you where a Worthless Nut?
( buckeye )
Yes, sir! Born and raised between Canton and Massillon. Just bought a house in Cincinnati, where I've been living since I started college in '99 (graduated from UC in '03). Spent 3 of those years living in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, but I always have been and always will be an Ohio boy :D

Buckeye

Kool

I'm a military Brat so I moved all over the place when I was young, but we stayed the longest in Dayton Ohio, so I still call that home. Lived in Huber Heights, for 10 year before I joined the Air force my self.

See if this one will fly. Over right the one you DL off the swaps.

Attachments

• SPAD Cat Tomcat_EA.G3X
    931.9 KB · Views: 11
Vic She is a go

Ok I got your model finished. All but the paint scheme. Do you want to do that. I mapped it and made a good master map with all the parts labeled.

Let me know and I'll E-mail you the master map and the model. ( just the sample map pictured here )

Attachments

• WONDER2.JPG
    WONDER2.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 17
  • WONDER3.JPG
    WONDER3.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 12
Junkboy999 said:
Ok I got your model finished. All but the paint scheme. Do you want to do that. I mapped it and made a good master map with all the parts labeled.

Let me know and I'll E-mail you the master map and the model. ( just the sample map pictured here )
I can take a shot at it if you'd like :)

Battlx Axe

And After I finished that I started the BATTLE AXE COMBAT plane. I got it to RF in record time and finished it under 8 hours. Helps that the engine, servos, linkages, and other parts I had modeled all ready

I want to see if Vic want to paint it first. If not you can paint it. I'm going to write the Battle Axe guys and make sure I can use there logo for a paint scheme for this one. After that you can paint this one if I get there approval. If not I paint it with out there logo.

Attachments

• BA-02.JPG
    BA-02.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 10
  • BA-03.JPG
    BA-03.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
More detail

Here is a picture off there web sight on how there throttle linkages works and what I modeled. I hope you guys like it.

Attachments

• BattleAxe0023.jpg
    BattleAxe0023.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 13
  • BA-04.JPG
    BA-04.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 18
Color Scheme Ideas

For the first couple CS's, would you guys prefer schemes based on real Wonders or just one I get to make up? I'm sure I could give it the Blue Heron treatment but I don't want everyone to get sick of that so quickly!

Attached are some pictures I've found. Let me know which one(s) ya'll like :)

Attachments

• WONDER02A.JPG
    WONDER02A.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Nl31054.jpg
    Nl31054.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Wonder small.JPG
    Wonder small.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 8
  • rc66wonder.jpg
    rc66wonder.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 3
  • wonder1.jpg
    wonder1.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 4
all look good

I love the one with the yellow wing. Looks old timey but the cockpit cant be done right. To bad

They all look good.

Junkboy999 said:
I love the one with the yellow wing. Looks old timey but the cockpit cant be done right.
That's the one I've started with. I had to go out and do a lot of shopping for my new house today, but I'll see what I can't get done in the way of a preliminary today.

Here's a quick mock-up...

It's DEFINITELY not finished, but here's a start:

Attachments

• ScreenShot1242910037.jpg
    ScreenShot1242910037.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 20
Back