Intel iGPU beta fix feedback thread

@asj5547, that is fascinating. We don't know why the DXVK workaround seems to work for RealFlight 8 and RealFlight Evolution, but only for some users of RealFlight 9. Without more to go on, it seemed reasonable to assume it is some kind of system-specific factor. To have it go from working on a given computer to no longer working is quite surprising! The fact that your pre-9.5S installation of RF9 lost its activation data is also unexpected. It sounds like something bizarre happened on your system, but I have no idea what that could be, and I'm guessing you don't either.

@asj5547, that is fascinating. We don't know why the DXVK workaround seems to work for RealFlight 8 and RealFlight Evolution, but only for some users of RealFlight 9. Without more to go on, it seemed reasonable to assume it is some kind of system-specific factor. To have it go from working on a given computer to no longer working is quite surprising! The fact that your pre-9.5S installation of RF9 lost its activation data is also unexpected. It sounds like something bizarre happened on your system, but I have no idea what that could be, and I'm guessing you don't either.
Really, I find out RealFlight8 and copy d3d9.dll to it's folder RealFlight8 can normal running but on same laptop RF9.5s still not work

Realflight 7, RF8 and RF Evolution work with the DXVK d3d9.dll fix, when using the integrated Intel IGPU, but RF 9.5s will not.

Here is a report I found on the Intel graphics support page, regarding the Intel 12-13th gen processors using the integrated GPU, concerning the problem with Realflight 9 start up screen frozen and greyed out menus.

I would like to confirm Intel was able to reproduce this issue internally and a bug report has been filed with our driver development team (Bug ID# 22016131038).
While I cannot promise any particular outcome since this issue depends on collaboration between Intel and Microsoft, rest assured we will do everything possible from our side to drive this issue.

I would like to close case# 05616738 since it has served its purpose (i.e. reporting bug to driver dev team) and will prevent duplication of efforts. You can always contact us back and reference either case 05616738 or bug report 22016131038.

Windows 11
intel 13th gen core i5-13500
Intel driver version 30.0.101.1273

Beta version dxvk-intel-fix still does not work for realflight 9.5S

Just installed 9.5 on my new laptop and am having this issue. Adding the d3d9.dll made no difference sadly.
12th gen Intel CPU and graphics of course.

Thank you both for reporting your results. It is consistent with other data we've gathered, which as I mentioned up above indicates that so far the DXVK workaround helps only a small subset of RF9 users.

Intel ARC user here with newly updated Intel drivers. Realflight Evolution would open for me but I had no control (no ESC or controller functionalities). My interlink elite was recognized by my computer but not Realflight via steam. Did the steam controller “disable all steam inputs” with no success. Finally, came across this beta thread and gave it a shot. I know have FULL functionality with my interlink elite controller plugged directly into my high speed usb port on my laptop, no usb hub required.

Same issue here.
Bought a new laptop - sold the old one - can not use the product anymore.
This is very frustrating

How to Get the Beta Build
  1. Restart your Steam client to ensure it is aware of the new versions.
    1. Right-click the Steam icon in your system tray and select Exit.
    2. Once everything closes, run Steam again.
  2. Right-click on RealFlight Evolution/RealFlight 9.5S in your Steam library, then select Properties...
  3. In the Properties window, select Betas on the left.
  4. Click the "Select the beta you would like to opt into" dropdown control to expand the list.
  5. Select "dxvk-intel-fix".
  6. Close the Properties dialog.
  7. Steam will now download the new version (which will be a very small download).
Thanks to user @asj5547 for bringing this workaround to our attention!
I copied d3d9.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RealFlight Trainer Edition folder, however at Beta "Select the beta you would like to opt into" dropdown control I still see nothing....

As of this date Jul 5, 2023 I'm still getting this.

After loading the beta build-

9.5s update still gives me the greyed out a menu and a lone aircraft on the runway I can’t control

Windows 10
Intel 12th gen i5
driver ver. 31.0.101.4091

adding d3d9.dll to RealFlight9 folder did not help :/
same as above: still gives me the greyed out a menu and a lone aircraft on the runway I can’t control
RF 9.5, not Steam version

Visit the Intel website and download the latest video driver for your CPU/GPU, but some versions of RF9 have problems running the simulator with Intels 12th/13th gen CPU's. It may help, it may not, but worth a try.
On my PC with 13th gen I7 I can run RF7, RF8, and RFE using the d3dl.dll, but not RF9.

Just tried 9.5S on Gen13 i5 CPU and dedicated Intel ARC A770 GPU.
Working well for me.
This is not integrated graphics.
It's an Intel GPU.
And I happen to have an I5-13400F (the CPU without integrated graphics).
Here's a test both playing and capturing on the A770.

I'm curious if the ARC 750 and ARC 770 also had issues?
Or was it ONLY the integrated graphics?
Also to make it confusing they are also naming the Integrated graphics with the ARC name/brand (in the software I think).
I'll have to double check that... It may be that they are just really pushing the ARC name in your face in the software/control panel.
I'll have to loo kagain when I get access to one of those GEN13 integrated graphics machines.
I sort of expected that the discreet Intel GPU options might have the same or related issues with DX9.
Is this not the case?
Anyhow good excuse to post a video eh?
And I would be interested to hear of the Intel external GPUs were/are affected.

help pls windows 11, gen 13 intel core i7 with iris xe graphics
has stuck image with airplane on field and i cant access menu and interlink wont work (on my desktop works just fine but not on laptop)
can anyone help pls?

Back