Katana Revisit

abaser

I decided to take a small break from the Electra and revisit my first failure, the Katana. Here's a few shots of the rough model. Ive still got to cut in the control surfaces, and touch up a few minor details, but shes almost ready for mapping :D

Attachments

• zzz.jpg
    zzz.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 45
  • zzz1.jpg
    zzz1.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 34
  • zzz2.jpg
    zzz2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 23
Im just over my poly goal of 4K right now, but Ive got some room to reduce them to where I want to be I think. :D

Maj. Numbskully said:
Why is 4k your goal ?
I thought you could go much higher?
Ya you can, but Im trying to get myself into using as few polys as possible to make a nice looking plane. Just trying to make things simpler on me and RF.

One more time. Modeling is complete and the polys are staggeringly low for me. Now Im going to go for servos for less than the price of a collision mesh.

Attachments

• zzz.jpg
    zzz.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 12
  • zzz1.jpg
    zzz1.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 7
I don't know. The model I'm looking at has 8 visible servos and 10 rods. That'll add up fast.

Yup. 3 per wing, and 1 for each elevator half. Then a pull pull for the rudder, but I'll only have rods there.

8 servos, 10 rods, and 10 horns................still under 8K :D

Attachments

• zzz.jpg
    zzz.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 28
  • zzz1.jpg
    zzz1.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 19
And we're off to Blender.

Attachments

• zzz.jpg
    zzz.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Well, we made it to RF :D

Attachments

• ScreenShot1324353293.jpg
    ScreenShot1324353293.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 32
  • ScreenShot1324353532.jpg
    ScreenShot1324353532.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 24
How's it hover? That shot from the bottom points out what could be a problem with this design in 6 with the ailerons being so far outboard.

:( I dont think modelers should have to alter the appearance away from how things look / are in the RW just for 6
I'd rather have the correct visual and fudge the invisible physics ........should not have to choose between both solutions in the first place...jmo

td9cowboy said:
How's it hover? That shot from the bottom points out what could be a problem with this design in 6 with the ailerons being so far outboard.
I'll let you know when I get it able to. It's like flying a brick at the moment :p

Back