KEMax 2013 exporter postponed

Well, apparently its all we can do. I don't think custom content is very high on the agenda anymore since everybody here left. Can't help but get the feeling we're being weeded out.:(

I don't have a good answer right now. In theory this should now be possible. When I started looking into it a little bit yesterday, though, I discovered some more roadblocks. It needs further investigation. I haven't gone far enough yet to know just how big the problems are.

Believe me, I wish it were simpler! For past versions it was. It's very frustrating.

For the record, there has been more recent discussion about this in places other than this thread. I try to respond when asked. There hasn't been anything new to say since then.

Yeah. Well, we work in 2014 and then load in 2012 for export.

We're not holding anything back, if that's what you're wondering. ;)

heh!

Once we have a new internal version, it will be trivial to put one out for all of you, and we will definitely do that. As of right now, though, I don't know when that will be.

If/when I do have more info, I will be sure to share it. :)

I completely understand the issues you need to work through. My life has been very hectic for the past couple of years and I wish I could be as active as I once was. I enjoyed making models for the sim and I enjoyed the fact that some other people enjoyed my models as well. I just don't want people thinking I abandoned things here because I haven't. My life has been flipped upside down over the past couple of years and modeling is really on the back burner for me. I have to move onto the latest software version for my own personal reasons, and someday I trust an exporter will be available again for this sim. Now I will state, I have never created a model for a simulator called P*****x. There physics are hollow, but they do have a perfect turbine sound. :p Still their physics suck. LOL.

Hahah! Understood.

Just so you guys know (and to avoid radio silence being mistaken for... I don't know, for anything, really!): I'll be out of the office the rest of this week. Please don't burn the place down while I'm gone. ;) Though of course others will be watching over things.

Seriously, I know for you guys it might not have that sense of urgency because you own the license. I understand where you're coming from as well. For me, I've got until early February and I lose my license due to it being the student version. I'm not that big of a contributor, but I do like doing what I can. I just hope things work out so I can keep it going.

We are now into 2015.
What is the expected date the release the new exporter, and what version of 3ds Max will it be for?

Just an FYI. I no longer have access to 3DS Max 2012. I upgraded my PC to a larger SSD and did a fresh install. I now only have access to 3DS Max 2016, 2015 and 2014. I might be able to install 2013, but my subscription terms state the latest 3 versions of Max can be installed on my machine. I'm also not allowed to use any student versions on my PC under my license agreement.

If anyone wondered at all why I no longer model for this sim, this would be reason number one.

i have wondered why you had stopped modeling for the sim , now i know , i hope that problem is dealt with before we have no more modelers able to build the excellent custom EA's

A newby here!, I just finished downloading 3dsMax 2016. nothing below it was allowed to download....kept getting the error "you have a 64 bit system., you are trying to download a 32 bit program" I was then directed and encouraged to use the 2016 download. 2014 32/64 and all the rest failed with no evidence of proper CAD for vault application. The samples on my KEmax load in perfectly and seamless enough and form proper visuals on the 3dsMax 2016., So, I'm reasoning , there may be a selection for export of either 32 or 64 bit...is that wistfull thinking on my part? Has anyone else experianced the same thing with the new licsenses on 3dsMax? I use an ms word substitute called Professional office suite 4.1.1 by appletree software The KEMax I slected was the second one on the list (if I recall correctly but will recheck to make sure)......

The latest exporter available is for 2012 32 bit. You can't use any newer version of max as of right now. Sorry, but until KE releases a new exporter, you're out of luck unless you can somehow manage to find 2012 or earlier to DL.

Some how I was afraid you'd say that...I had no success at all in finding a 2012....just peachy!!! Thanks for the quick reply, Abaser, think I'll go ride my dirt bike today...get away from the e glitchy side of life.....

Suggestion for the 2013 exporter (even though I'm bumping an old post) would be to be able to have smoothing groups being rough. Imagine exporting a building for indoor flying - I have to manually assign smoothing groups to EVER SINGLE direction of the wall. Front, back, left, right, top (for doorways) and it's getting tedious. Only if the exporter exported files without Autosmoothing of meshes on by default or something...

Even using clear all on all faces on 3ds Max doe not help, so manual smoothing group assignment it is...

Unfortunately there won't be a new exporter for Max. The new RF-X and the editor has the ability to import the Max file directly and create the KEX. No more problems with needing a specific version of Max as you can now use any version.

Back