Lanier Shrike

Pivots, on a simple project takes 10 min to do. Toss it. Go back to wings and learn to Map there, it won't get any easer than that!

COMBINE all the objects, that you want to map. Then deselect all parts,ready to start. Select one Face on the part that you want to Map first, (LMW), hold the F key down, and all the faces on the part will be selected, then map. Repeat this for each of the parts. Flat looking parts, do the UNFOLDING, rounded looking parts, use NORMALIZE. IN the begining, move each part off to one side, anywhere, then arange them and scale them when they are all maped.

I meant in blender. :eek:
every part is organized on the map I just cant figure out how to save them all on 1 map
(the reason I dont just map in wing is the wings file was deleted blender export files wont open in wings and I want to learn in blender)

Last edited:
Bosshawg doesn't post often, but he did have a post here in this thread showing you how.
Wonder why it got deleted. :confused: :confused: Must be contagious. :rolleyes:

Not in this Thread

phrank said:
Bosshawg doesn't post often, but he did have a post here in this thread showing you how.
Wonder why it got deleted. :confused: :confused: Must be contagious. :rolleyes:
It was in "Blender Mapping Questions?" Thread which has now disappeared!.Making USE of Search Bar USELESS and answering the ? Pointless for those people who do try and use it!.
Not Wishing to rack up my postcount.
I asked in that thread what the Filename length was for his .tga.It looked something like "lanier shrike map.tga",Which would put it over "12345678.tga" Length Limit.

@a4magic A Screenshot of the Image Browser Dropdown in the UV Editor Window would Help no end!

With the Mouse in UV/Image Editor Window select Dropdown Image Browser How Many .tga's does it Show?Any more than 1 = KEX export FAIL.

If more than 1 tga or Longer tga Filename than "12345678.tga", Zip the .blend & .tga up together and Post It Here(Fixing it is easier than explaining How2).

Pleez do not delete threads which may provide answers to people other than yourself!.

Attachments

• ExportFail.jpg
    ExportFail.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 9
Bosshawg I am sorry for deleting the other post.
I did change the map name to shrikemp.tga.
Though while trying to upload the zipped file, I recieved a warning message
saying :

"shrike.zip:
File Too Large. Limit for this filetype is 512.0 KB. Your file is 675.7 KB. "

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 5
Right click on the zip and add .rfx at the end and the limit will be raised to 80 mb. Your final file name should read "shrike.zip.rfx" without the quotes.

Send me the .kex. I see your thread is in the 3.x DC so I assume you are running 3.5? Im wondering if he is using 5.5 and your RF can't read it. If I can pull it up, you will need to get the .blend file and export the .kex yourself............I think.

Yep, that 3ds2kex only makes G4+ compatible .kex files.

KE's way of making you upgrade out that OLD Realflight Version. :D

You'll need to export as .3ds and then use the old classic 3ds2kex converter,
or...... get Flexibones to make you a G3 version.

Sorry chief,Its your version of RF.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1311122970.jpg
    ScreenShot1311122970.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 16
If I understand it correctly, you have to have the model to make the CS. You could however, make it and someone could upload it for you, I think.

As far as the engine, Ill check that out. You may not have it named correctly.

bosshawg sent me a correct file
this will be fun :rolleyes:
trying to get every thing back to where it should be
:eek: the engine is still not there

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 9
Back