Lazy Eight Mk III

Your call I wouldn't worry about release. I'm not sure what I'll do about releasing this plane I kind of think it doesn't have an audience on the swap pages. And that doesn't bother me it's just a plane I designed to explore the 3d fields and I'm not sure that's very popular according to what I've seen people post. Yeah there's some of us but not lots.

Technoid the Lazy Eight Mk.lll is a fantastic concept for exploring and I am a sincere fan of this plane. With every beta release the model just gets better, you have made vast improvements to the plane and the attention to detail is impressive.

The only thing wrong with the Lazy Eight Mk.lll has nothing to do with you, it is all to do with Realflight software, ...the camera shake, (or more correctly the entire window/frame shake) ...as the model fly's a distance from spawn (15 - 20 miles or more) the pilot view or cine-cams shake so much it really detracts from the exploring enjoyment, so I have to switch to nose cam (F2), chase cam (F3) or orbit cam to get a stable viewing platform, (which defeats the sole purpose of the plane), Realflight/Knifeedge software engineers should address this concern, so we can fully enjoy all the hard work and dedication you have spent building the model.

YES, I will continue to fly the Lazy Eight Mk.lll regardless of the software issue, the model is flawless closer to spawn and the flight physics are perfect, I also like to fly fixed position (line of sight) with this aircraft, especially flip the "high rates switch on"and the model becomes a very agile aerobatic performer, great work Technoid, please keep making these incredible planes.

Technoid the Lazy Eight Mk.lll is a fantastic concept for exploring and I am a sincere fan of this plane. With every beta release the model just gets better, you have made vast improvements to the plane and the attention to detail is impressive.

The only thing wrong with the Lazy Eight Mk.lll has nothing to do with you, it is all to do with Realflight software, ...the camera shake, (or more correctly the entire window/frame shake) ...as the model fly's a distance from spawn (15 - 20 miles or more) the pilot view or cine-cams shake so much it really detracts from the exploring enjoyment, so I have to switch to nose cam (F2), chase cam (F3) or orbit cam to get a stable viewing platform, (which defeats the sole purpose of the plane), Realflight/Knifeedge software engineers should address this concern, so we can fully enjoy all the hard work and dedication you have spent building the model.

YES, I will continue to fly the Lazy Eight Mk.lll regardless of the software issue, the model is flawless closer to spawn and the flight physics are perfect, I also like to fly fixed position (line of sight) with this aircraft, especially flip the "high rates switch on"and the model becomes a very agile aerobatic performer, great work Technoid, please keep making these incredible planes.

Very cool, thanks I'm glad you like it. And yeah the camera shake really messes it up after you fly a while but like you I still enjoy flying it. It's definitely a lot of fun to fly around slow and just look at stuff. Boy I wish they would release another cool area like Wright Island. I'm sure I'll release it but I thought I was finished and then went back and worked on the dashboard again so it seems I'm not quite finished with it yet. Speaking of the dashboard what's your thoughts on the changes I made to it? ( is the change better or worse ) I like it smaller but I'm still getting used to it being so much smaller. I may tweak it one more time.

Last edited:
I guess the only way right now to fix the camera shake is to create multiple spawn points throughout the map and use each one. Is this correct ?

And for anyone who wants it .. Electric version below. Also "Lemon Lime" CS.

Attachments

• Lazy Eight Mk III Electric_AV.RFX
    48.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Lazy Eight MKIII Green-Yellow_CS.RFX
    587.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I guess the only way right now to fix the camera shake is to create multiple spawn points throughout the map and use each one. Is this correct ?

And for anyone who wants it .. Electric version below. Also "Lemon Lime" CS.

I just grabbed both, thanks!

Yeah I guess that's what you'd have to do create a few spawn points, bummer.

I watched the NVIDIA presentation at Gamescon and the RTX 2080 is what I want but he showed a slide where the pre-order would be live and a price of $699 but when I went to the NVIDIA pre-order site it was $799. So I called their number and was said they were having technical problems and call back in 2 hours. Arg! I saved a screen shot of the slide he showed too just to be sure of the price. Is that bait and charge more?

Boy I wish they would release another cool area like Wright Island. I'm sure I'll release it but I thought I was finished and then went back and worked on the dashboard again so it seems I'm not quite finished with it yet. Speaking of the dashboard what's your thoughts on the changes I made to it? ( is the change better or worse ) I like it smaller but I'm still getting used to it being so much smaller. I may tweak it one more time.

The compact dash panel looks good, I am getting to like it more.
Sure would be nice to have an update for RF-X, another Island would be great.
I modified the stock X-29 model to fly at 671 mph and went searching for life beyond Wright Island, I travelled over 2.5 million feet heading East, found nothing but ocean.
Made a Gulfhawk style color scheme for the Lazy Eight Mk.lll, hope you approve.

Attachments

• RF-X_x64 2018-08-20 14-48-11-28.jpg
    RF-X_x64 2018-08-20 14-48-11-28.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 12
  • RF-X_x64 2018-08-20 14-49-09-13.jpg
    RF-X_x64 2018-08-20 14-49-09-13.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 13
The compact dash panel looks good, I am getting to like it more.
Sure would be nice to have an update for RF-X, another Island would be great.
I modified the stock X-29 model to fly at 671 mph and went searching for life beyond Wright Island, I travelled over 2.5 million feet heading East, found nothing but ocean.
Made a Gulfhawk style color scheme for the Lazy Eight Mk.lll, hope you approve.

Sure.. no problem it's all good!

I need some opinions on the tweaks I just made to the dashboard so if you're interested grab the new beta and take a look and let me know if you like the tweaks. They're all small changes trying to make the smaller dashboard a little bit better. It was a pretty large change from the first dash to the smaller dash so I've had some trouble getting used to it. I do like the better view you get from it being smaller but it seemed a bit too small to me. So I made some changes trying to improve it. Here's what I did. But before you import the latest beta make sure you remember what it looked like before because the changes are fairly small, but you can definitely see the changes if you remember what it was like before. Here's what I did.

1. I resized it a small amount in width and height but I increased the width a tiny bit more than the height. You can tell these changes by looking at how the steering wheel fits inside the frame.

2. I reduced the 'depth' of the dashboard frame. The dashboard frame sits at an angle so as you look through it from the pilot seat you could see the depth and width if you looked close. I 'only' reduced the depth but that makes it look a little bit thinner and you can see the width stayed the same but the depth has been reduced if you look close at it.

3. I reduced the diameter of the stalk going from the floor up that supports the steering wheel by 5%. Again not a lot but it does make it look a bit smaller.

To me these changes improve the look of the new smaller dashboard a noticeable amount, enough that I definitely like it better. But I'd like your thoughts on it too. To me my planes are a community project not just what I like, that's why I release so many betas and always ask for your thoughts.. good or bad. So give it a try it you want and let me know if it's better or worse to you. Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• Lazy Eight Mk III 31.jpg
    Lazy Eight Mk III 31.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Lazy Eight Mk III_EA.RFX
    2 MB · Views: 4
The founders edition is $100 more than the one that isn't for $699 I believe.

"In any case, the standard 2080 supports all the same technologies as the 2080 Ti, including real-time ray tracing, and tops out at the same 7680 x 4320 resolution. It may not be capable of quite as much as the 2080 Ti, but the price is certainly more palatable, with the standard 2080 coming in at $699 and the Founders Edition costing $100 more"

That is from this article:

https://www.slashgear.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-20-series-all-the-specs-price-release-dates-20541806/

Last edited:
The founders edition is $100 more than the one that isn't for $699 I believe.

"In any case, the standard 2080 supports all the same technologies as the 2080 Ti, including real-time ray tracing, and tops out at the same 7680 x 4320 resolution. It may not be capable of quite as much as the 2080 Ti, but the price is certainly more palatable, with the standard 2080 coming in at $699 and the Founders Edition costing $100 more"

That is from this article:

https://www.slashgear.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-20-series-all-the-specs-price-release-dates-20541806/

Thanks I see that but I just went to the NVIDIA website and only see the Founders Edition price at 799 I can't find the 699 card.

Yeah that's probably what I'll do but three's no rush since it's not available until 9-20.

Hopefully they don't all get bought/hoarded like in the past and people jack up the price.

I've been tweaking some things on the Electric version today BTW.

I started designing a new plane it's a simple balsa built-up 3D style. Right now I'm calling it Stagger but I thought about Que so if you have a name throw it out there. It has a built-up structure for the wings, ailerons, vstab, and hstab. It also has a built-up center section with servos and wires. It will have servos for the hstab and vstab but I haven't added them yet. I'm not sure what power plant to use so you can throw out some opinions on that too. I've already modeled a 2-Stroke, 4-Stroke, Desert Aircraft Twin, Desert Aircraft Single, and an Electric motor so I can put about anything on it using what I've already modeled. Right now it has a 100 inch wingspan but I might lower that a bit for this plane. Anyway I'm open to any thoughts you have before I go any further. I can't start a build thread for it before I decide on a name to use. Here's a couple of pictures for you.

Attachments

• Stagger 01.jpg
    Stagger 01.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Stagger 02.jpg
    Stagger 02.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 16
That plane is definitely StaQued (stacked). I had another name pop into my head but I'll keep it there because it's not that good.

Back