Lazy Eight Mk III

I noticed the camera shake too but thought it was just my crappy system. I was flying Sierra Nevada with no objects but had flown quite a ways off and marked a new spot.

BrokeDad ask for a beta so I tell you what here's the two files I created this morning and was going to release them today but decided to wait another week while I decide how I want to release it for sure. I had intended to release it with the panel lines and rivets as the release CS in the EA and release a Lazy Eight Mk III Standard CS at the same time without the panel lines and rivets. But after I created the standard cs and flew it for a while I started liking it more and more so I'll wait for the release until I decide whether the release CS will have the panel lines or be without them. Either way I'll release the other CS at the same time but it matters to me which is in the EA and which is in the CS. Duh! I know it's not that big a deal but I decided a long time ago the best thing to do is Do Nothing until I decide for sure what I want to do or I reget it. Anyway here's both files I was going to release today they ARE the final plane I don't plan on doing anything else besides deciding which CS will be in the EA on release. They have the extra gauges in the dashboard and the new wheels I made for it and a small tweak to the physics for RF-X.

Attachments

• Lazy Eight Mk III_EA.RFX
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
  • Lazy Eight Mk III Standard_CS.RFX
    582 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Thanks Tecnoid, great work.

Attachments

• RF-X_x64 2018-08-18 13-07-50-40.jpg
    RF-X_x64 2018-08-18 13-07-50-40.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 9
  • RF-X_x64 2018-08-18 13-06-13-27.jpg
    RF-X_x64 2018-08-18 13-06-13-27.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Thanks Tecnoid, great work.

Thanks. Now since you've seen the extra gauges l have a question I forgot to ask. Would the plane be better with the dash board as it is or remove the extra gauges and resize the dashboard to just beyond the steering wheel? The extra gauges do reduce the view a tiny bit but the dashboard looks better filled up than it did before. So would the dashboard be better if it stays the same as it is with the extra gauges or remove the extra gauges and shorten the dashboard where it's just beyond the steering wheel. I was going to ask this before but forgot.

My feeling is if it's going to have the extra gauges they should be different. Things like Fuel, Glideslope, Transponder etc. I'm not particular if they remain or not.

My feeling is if it's going to have the extra gauges they should be different. Things like Fuel, Glideslope, Transponder etc. I'm not particular if they remain or not.

Well the gauges are hard to make because you have to cut the insides out of another gauge and then fiddle with them and also fill them with that blue color, so in this case what you see it what you get. Sorry about that but I'm too lazy to do them again. And that's why I took the short cut to use just two gauges and then swap them vertically for the other side so at least they do look a bit different.

No big deal. You got me thinking again on the Electric one. I'm trying out two 6S in parallel now. My larger helis use two 6S in series for 12S so having two isn't uncommon in a large model.

Off topic: Did they remove thrusters in RF8 ? I just didn't see that anymore as an option.

No big deal. You got me thinking again on the Electric one. I'm trying out two 6S in parallel now. My larger helis use two 6S in series for 12S so having two isn't uncommon in a large model.

Off topic: Did they remove thrusters in RF8 ? I just didn't see that anymore as an option.

thrusters don't work on electric because there is no fuel to burn in the rockets (thrusters)

Well the gauges are hard to make because you have to cut the insides out of another gauge and then fiddle with them and also fill them with that blue color, so in this case what you see it what you get. Sorry about that but I'm too lazy to do them again. And that's why I took the short cut to use just two gauges and then swap them vertically for the other side so at least they do look a bit different.

I am good with the gauges as they are, most of my exploring is done with the camera angled down , (with the flaps knob fully rotated) so my view is below the steering wheel area, the gauges are a nice addition, removing the two panel support bars was the best decision and a great idea on your part, thanks Technoid.

thrusters don't work on electric because there is no fuel to burn in the rockets (thrusters)

Ahhh .. got it. I've used them on a switch as a cheat on a few planes to quickly get from one place to another. I had thought about that with this being for sight seeing in case I wanted to quickly go somewhere.

Okay, thanks guys for your thoughts. I guess the gauges stay. I'll be honest after I finished the new gauges I did wish I cutout more gauges instead of just two.

I need some opinions. I reworked the dashboard and removed the gauges on the outside edge and reshaped the dashboard a little. Take a look at the picture and you'll notice the steering wheel sits just inside the dashboard and you can't see the rod that connects the steering wheel to the stalk coming up from the floor. I angled that piece so I could position the steering wheel just inside the dashboard and have the gauges centered inside it. It's definitely a change from what it looked like before and takes a bit of flying to get used to the new size and shape but it does improve the view and that's what the plane is all about. But I'd like to hear your thoughts on it. It looks like there's seven people that downloaded the last beta so if you try the new one please share your thoughts on the changes to the dashboard. Good or Bad I'd like to hear it. I can always revert back to the old version if no one likes the changes.

Attachments

• Lazy Eight Mk III 30.jpg
    Lazy Eight Mk III 30.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Lazy Eight Mk III_EA.RFX
    2 MB · Views: 4
Have you considered lowering the whole assembly, so that it`s at lower end of your screenshot. ???

Yes and I lowered it just a bit when I reworked the dashboard and steering wheel this time. I lowered it probably the width of the frame, so not a lot but I was trying to move it a bit more below eye level than it was. But I do want it to look like you're looking from the pilot seat so that's why I didn't lower it more.

Last edited:
It looks fine to me .. been playing around with some colors on the E version.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1534707029.jpg
    ScreenShot1534707029.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 10
Thanks for testing out and helping with the electric version. I can post it here as a beta AV or wait until release.

Your call I wouldn't worry about release. I'm not sure what I'll do about releasing this plane I kind of think it doesn't have an audience on the swap pages. And that doesn't bother me it's just a plane I designed to explore the 3d fields and I'm not sure that's very popular according to what I've seen people post. Yeah there's some of us but not lots.

On another note NVIDIA's next generation graphics card should be announced tomorrow so it won't be long before I can buy a new graphics card. I was hoping the new 2080 would still have a 180 watt power usage but it looks like it's going up some to 200 to 210 but I should know real numbers tomorrow if everything goes like they say. The new 2080 is said to be 50% faster than the 1080 so lots of power. I guess that puts the new 2080 faster than the 1080ti which will be nice. So I'm really excited to see what they announce tomorrow.

If somebody here says they would like it I will post it up. I like the quiet of cruising around with just the whir of the electric engine.

Back