Lazy Eight Mk III

Just grabbed the new beta,I like the cinema cam very much and the rivets and panel lines are great you sure did a great job on this aircraft !

The latest Lazy Eight Mk.lll beta looks incredible, nice job on the panel lines and rivets and the model fly's great. I like the new camera view, awesome!!! this model just keeps getting better and better. Thanks Technoid.

Attachments

• RF-X_x64 2018-08-11 07-34-44-19.jpg
    RF-X_x64 2018-08-11 07-34-44-19.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 5
  • RF-X_x64 2018-08-11 07-37-29-88.jpg
    RF-X_x64 2018-08-11 07-37-29-88.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 6
Thanks guys. I'm glad to hear everyone likes the Cinema Cam I tweaked it several times before releasing the beta to get it close to where I want it. I may tweak it one more time but it won't change much just a very minor change. But sometimes of course I tweak stuff and then go back to the way it was too.

Ha.. Well I knew this was going to bite me and it did. When I did all the remapping I forgot to do the fuselage and knew I'd end up going back and doing it so last night I did. I started putting rivets on it and the rivets on the top of the fuselage were off because of me reducing the width of the fuselage in the beginning. I don't know why I forgot to remap it. Anyway I remapped it last night but also decided to move a few things around so I could adjust the size of the dashboard in the map. So all the remapping is finished and now I have to update the CS files and do a bit of 1x1 mapping on a few parts. The landing gear doors had also got .5 in longer so I remapped them too. I had to go backwards a bit to get all that stuff fixed but I'm getting ready to start updating the CS files for the changes and will get back on track.

I just finished the 1x1 mapping for the changes I made and updated the color scheme TGA file, but I still need to update the spec map TGA file. But it looks like this is going to be worth the effort. One of the changes I made was to move things around and overlay a few parts to make room for a large full width dashboard. Before I only had the center part of the dashboard large to put the three gauges on. But after making a large full width dashboard I can add a couple of small gauges to each side to fill it out. Ha.. I just keep making more work for myself. But being honest I love this plane because it's perfect for flying around and exploring everything in RF-X. There's tons of Desert to explore. One time a long time ago I found some reddish valleys and I've been looking for them again but can't find them. Anyway I really like exploring in this plane so I thought I'd put a bit more time in it to fill out the dashboard some. The gauges are harder to do in this plane because you have to cut them out and fill the dial with the blue color to simulate a self lit transparent dashboard. So I'm getting there.

I finished remapping and updating the 1x1 mapping and updated both the color scheme and spec map TGA files. Then I started working on the panel lines and rivets for the fuselage. The fuselage panel lines are finished and I added rivets to the front panel. I will say the panel lines and rivets and a nice touch so I'll probably switch the release CS around from what I thought I was going to do. I'll release the plane with the panel lines and rivets and release a CS at the same time without them. That way all the bases are covered and you can have it the way you want. Here's a shot of where I'm at.

Attachments

• Lazy Eight Mk III 23.jpg
    Lazy Eight Mk III 23.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 9
The fuselage panel lines and rivets are finished the only thing left is the dual booms, but there's not much on them so that won't take too long once I get back to it. I was going to upload a beta but I didn't know if anyone was interested in it. If you are let me know and I'll upload one. The fuselage panel lines and rivets definitely add a nice touch to the Cinema Cam view.

Attachments

• Lazy Eight Mk III 24.jpg
    Lazy Eight Mk III 24.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Lazy Eight Mk III 25.jpg
    Lazy Eight Mk III 25.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 4
Okay here you go the latest beta fresh off the press. The only thing changed besides adding the panel lines and rivets on the fuselage is a minor tweak to the Cinema Cam. The camera tilt was set at -2 degrees so I lowered it to -1 degree so you're looking a bit more straight on as you fly. Let me know if you find anything wrong or you don't like the reduced tilt on the Cinema Cam.

Attachments

• Lazy Eight Mk III 24.jpg
    Lazy Eight Mk III 24.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Lazy Eight Mk III_EA.RFX
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
Just flew the latest beta,she flies great and looks great too, also like the way the cinema cam is set up, real nice aircraft to fly !

Fly's super smooth and looks incredible with the panel lines and rivets, love the cine-camera angle.

Attachments

• RF-X_x64 2018-08-12 19-43-00-47.jpg
    RF-X_x64 2018-08-12 19-43-00-47.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 5
I finished one side of the booms but had to stop and take Donna to a Drs appointment. Getting there.

I just finished the panel lines and rivets on the booms so it looks like I'm finished with them, unless I go back and add a thing or two here and there. I may but I'm not sure it looks pretty good the way it is now.

Oh. I did make the entry door where the pilot gets in the plane on the top of the fuselage a little larger today. He had to be pretty slim to get in the first one I made. So I'm nearly finished with it so if you have any thoughts about it, something needs to be added or something needs to be improved now's the time to mention it.

asj5547.. I need your opinion on something. If you install Lazy Eight Mk III on RF 7.5 you'll see the plane is Super Glossy, that's because I've tried to tailor it for RF-X so a person could install it on RF-X and not need to Delete the Spec Map file to get some gloss on it. I'm pretty sure you always do that, is that true? If it is can you import the Mk III again Fresh and Leave the Spec Map file there and then fly it in RF-X and tell me how it compares to Deleting the Spec Map file. What I did was make the Alpha Layer (the gloss layer) of the spec map White so the parts would get as much gloss and RF-X would give them. So I need another opinion on if that works. So if you don't mind give that a try and let me know.

Back