Leonardo by Red Wing

Is there an electric motor comprible to the Merlin 200 ?

The biggest real motors are going to be the Hacker Q80's if that is what you are looking for. I did make a couple of them larger but they don't actually exist.

Finally got this into RF. Anyone have any detailed specs on it ?

Not sure if these are the specs you are looking for
Wingspan 2700 mm ( 106.29″)
Length 2994 mm (117.87″)
Weight 15-17 Kg (33Lbs-37.5 Lbs)

And as far an electric motor equivilant to a 200 N turbine here is one 195 mm edf or this one for closer to a one to one power level 152 mm edf

the Leonardo is up on swaps.
Enjoy !

Don. You deserve the credit for doing a nice job of modeling the plane but next time someone requests such an ugly plane it's okay to tell them you already have a project you're working on.

I love the plane. What do you not like about it ?

Oh it's probably an age related thing I'm a retired old guy and we tend to shy away from inflated marsh mellows, which is what I don't like about it. Of course I'd agree that old school rc planes don't look like real planes either, thus the age related thing I mentioned. Would you mind me asking what age group you're in? To me that kind of information helps people communicate better. Sometimes older guys like that type of plane too, I know that, but as a whole they probably do not. Most often civilian and warbirds are a common point for everyone. I model what you'd call stick planes mostly. That plane reminds me of the first generation Ford Taurus, it was considered by most to be ugly. I'm trying to be as nice as I can but still express my thoughts on the plane. I'm looking forward to the Mooney you mentioned.

Not at all, I'm 61.

I liked the later Ford Taurus with the cool headlights. Mark Martin was my fav driver in the day.

At the risk of lowering your opinion of me, even further (jk) The only RC I do is Realflight, ... marriage can tighten spending. :eek:

Re-uploaded a newer Leonardo EA. Added texturing to the jet nozzle, and corrected a few things.

I will release a .psd file for people interested in doing paint schemes.

Not at all, I'm 61.

I liked the later Ford Taurus with the cool headlights. Mark Martin was my fav driver in the day.

At the risk of lowering your opinion of me, even further (jk) The only RC I do is Realflight, ... marriage can tighten spending. :eek:

Thanks you're still the young guy here I'm in my 70s.

I liked the later generation Ford Taurus too a bit odd but I still liked them and I even tried one out.

"At the risk of lowering your opinion of me, even further"

I'm sorry you feel that way I know I've been harsh in your build thread to UT but when he told the 'other modeler' maybe he should leave the forum if he felt that way he sealed my opinion of him. Just don't disagree with him and you'll be fine. You should read some of the old build threads and you'll see that he tells the guy virtually everything he does needs changing. Thus me saying he likes to tell everyone what to do. So there's problems between us and you got caught up in it.

But letting that go I think you could use a little guidance in a few areas and be more open to the fact when you model for 'everyone else' that creates the responsibility of making some generic choices you might not do if you didn't release your planes. There was more than me that didn't like your brake choices and can you imagine out of everyone that downloads the Orion how many will not like it and put it aside simply because of those choices. Like lots of folks on the forum I was an engineer (hardware and software) that had to learn 'my' choice wasn't always the right choice for the people that would buy my product designs. Imagine the horror of me realizing I needed to think differently when I design something for others to use. DON'T get stuck on what the Full Scale Plane used design your plane to be the best RC plane it can be.

And like you now days RealFlight is the only way I fly RC. That's why it's important to me that rc planes fly like rc planes. I like to fly them.

An old boss said "Them that can, does, and them that can't, just gripes".

I'm older than some rocks, but I like Donamy's latest Leonardo. Cool flying it on the Evergreen Airport.
RF9 is the only way I'll ever be able to fly it, unless I sell my Anniversary Mustang, and that ain't gonna happen.

Kudos to Donamy!

Back