Lockheed Starliner Build thread

Legoman ...
I've been messing around with the Starliner making my personal variation.
fox19 stated the same item I was concerned with … full throttle climbs and dive with power reduction.
Noticed you had -5 degrees washout on your main wing "Base", changed it to "0" and added -5 degrees to the main wing. Flies completely different. Did you mean to have it on the base or main wing???:unsure:

I have used that -# degrees on a base wing many times before you make the nacelles/engines point forward (0 degrees aoa) instead of in line with the main wing in this case 5 degrees towards the sky. yes the starliner has 5 degrees aoa on the wing.

as far as climbing at full throttle use a 5s battery instead of a 6s.

as far as diving with power reduction all planes full scale and rc do that more or less extent. Some factors exagerate it as a model we use fixed pitch props which create massive prop blast, the planes wing loading dictates its stall speed and I was trying to make it look like it was flying at the 1/8 the top speed of the full size plane. and the way you fix that is trim, when I fly with my father in his full scale aircraft he re trims the plane every time he changes speed some times multiple time on approach and landing as speed changes.

Legoman … OK … Just caught me off guard because I haven't noticed washout used at the wing root, only the main wing.
I usually just use incidence to give the wing some lift .
In this case I used about 1.2 Deg. of incidence and put the -5 deg. washout on the wing and then it didn't climb or dive. But I wasn't trying to simulate what you described.
I did try down and up force on the engines, but most likely had everything fighting each other.
It's fun playing around with all this, even if you don't understand all the dynamics. Like having our own wind tunnel ! Just experiment, see what it does … sometimes I like it, sometimes not!!!
I'm having fun.
Years ago I flew "pattern" competition, we went to great lengths to balance and trim our planes so they wouldn't climb/dive or veer side to side under any circumstances … guess that sunk in pretty deep!

Really a nice job on the plane.
Thanks a bunch!!!:cool:

Last edited:
Thank for all you kind words everyone.

PilotAT6
I do enjoy Realflight for a full wind tunnel. I have a few planes that have had some characteristics of a "Pattern plane". A P-51 with a 50cc moki, an aeroworks ultimate out of the expasion packs, and eletrifly pluma

edit a word

Last edited:
Thanks for the Lockheed Starliner model, absolutely incredible detail.
The only change I made was to install an interior camera to view the passenger cabin. (must have been time consuming making/cloning all those seats).
Fantastic work Legoman, your models always have that WOW factor.
And yes it imports into RF-X with no problem.

Attachments

• Interior camera.JPG
    Interior camera.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 5
Thank for all you kind words everyone.

PilotAT6
I do enjoy Realflight for a full wind tunnel. I have a few planes that have had some characteristics of a "Pattern plane". A P-51 with a 50cc moki, an aeroworks ultimate out of the expasion packs, and eletrifly pluma

edit a word
I have downloaded quite a few of your planes, one of my favorites is the A-1H Skyraider.
Have learned a lot just from perusal of your planes while using the editor.
Thanks for sharing your incredible work!

Lego,
Why are all four engines turning the same direction?
Why are there not any wheel brakes?
I think that reversing the props should be on a proportional channel.

I always download your creations. Outstanding model.

Lego,

You are mocking flip.......Right 12o......Legoman, If you haven`t noticed, go to previous pg. and you`ll see that fox19 was actually flip.

Lego,

because buying pusher props is a p.i.t.a.
there are wheel brakes at idle throttle
the reversing props are on a proportional channel. dual rate switch tells the motors to turn the opposite direction then you add throttle

because buying pusher props is a p.i.t.a.
there are wheel brakes at idle throttle
the reversing props are on a proportional channel. dual rate switch tells the motors to turn the opposite direction then you add throttle
I did not pick up the wheel brakes part. Just me but I do not like to see props stop spinning ever. Maybe a minimum throttle? Seriously, motors turn opposite on each side of the aircraft. Seeing this was unexpected, even on an RC aircraft. Very small items for a wonderful effort.

I did not pick up the wheel brakes part. Just me but I do not like to see props stop spinning ever. Maybe a minimum throttle? Seriously, motors turn opposite on each side of the aircraft. Seeing this was unexpected, even on an RC aircraft. Very small items for a wonderful effort.
12o, If you google " Boeing constellation" you`ll find quite few pics. of it at rest, it appears all of the props turn counter clockwise if you look at the direction of the pitch....here`s some examples.

Attachments

• PROPS 1.PNG
    PROPS 1.PNG
    626.7 KB · Views: 3
  • PROPS 2.PNG
    PROPS 2.PNG
    487.9 KB · Views: 3
  • PROPS 3.PNG
    PROPS 3.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
I did some digging and it appears that the wright r-3350 never had reversed rotation variant in wide spread use.

I am going to add a cockpit yet and move the motors out board a little and maybe add one or more sidewinder(s) and or a pheonix and some cannons.

I am torn between high visiablity for ease of rc flight because I can see how a person could lose orientation real quick with its shape and manuverablity. or a low visiblity marirtime theme with a mix of blues. but if you would like to suggest color scheme ideas I am all ears.

the ea is not really paintable yet I have not pack much in yet and nothing is in it final location.

Attachments

• XFX-2 Waterfall beta 1_EA.RFX
    672.1 KB · Views: 9
Your new CS looks great and now we will have some missiles to play with, AWESOME. !!!
I am having a lot of fun with the XFX-2, it fly's superb.

Back