MiG-21bis build thread

I love the detail and the actuation of the landing gear, I know you`re not done, just thought I`d point out a couple things in the event you hadn`t noticed, (I`m sure you have though..??) #1, I retracted the gear while in the spawn position at flight school, and noticed the gear was outside the fuse above the wing, Also, I landed it upside down to get a good view of the gear to see how it all worked, and noticed that the little door on the low end of the strut didn`t close into the wing when the gear was retracted, OH, and another minor thing, the main wheels touch the main doors when being retracted and/or extended. I`m not nitpicking, I just figure it`s a beta, and you put it out there for us to evaluate it..... (y) (y) :):)

I love the detail and the actuation of the landing gear, I know you`re not done, just thought I`d point out a couple things in the event you hadn`t noticed, (I`m sure you have though..??) #1, I retracted the gear while in the spawn position at flight school, and noticed the gear was outside the fuse above the wing, Also, I landed it upside down to get a good view of the gear to see how it all worked, and noticed that the little door on the low end of the strut didn`t close into the wing when the gear was retracted, OH, and another minor thing, the main wheels touch the main doors when being retracted and/or extended. I`m not nitpicking, I just figure it`s a beta, and you put it out there for us to evaluate it..... (y) (y) :):)

thanks for the feed back 👍👍

i tried replicating the thing you described. the gear out side of the fuse is because when a part breaks RF stops calculating springy omponents and locks them in place. since you where on the ground the gear saw compressed and retracting the gear likely broke off the lower fin locking the gear in the compressed state so it would no longer fit.

the little door at the end the strut folds when any part of the aircraft (still attached) touches the ground not just the wheels.

I had not noticed the main wheels touching the wheel doors but I know why they are touching during retraction and how to fix it.

thanks for the feed back 👍👍

i tried replicating the thing you described. the gear out side of the fuse is because when a part breaks RF stops calculating springy omponents and locks them in place. since you where on the ground the gear saw compressed and retracting the gear likely broke off the lower fin locking the gear in the compressed state so it would no longer fit.

the little door at the end the strut folds when any part of the aircraft (still attached) touches the ground not just the wheels.

I had not noticed the main wheels touching the wheel doors but I know why they are touching during retraction and how to fix it.
That all makes sense, my second point about the strut doors, I forgot to include a picture, so here`s a pic. just for clarification.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1690569354.jpg
    ScreenShot1690569354.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 9
Back