MiG-21bis build thread

a question for everyone.

How do you want the engine start up?
  1. a long (27 sec) startup with electric starter, ignitors, and spool to idle.
  2. the normal RF spool to idle (<5 secs).
  3. spawn at idle rpm (i hate waiting. firewall it and go)

a question for everyone.

I think the spawn at idle would be cool.

Spool 3 seconds or less is what I prefer.
So, #2 or #3 would be good for me.
The full 27 second detailed start up sounds great, and it is what we have become accustomed to with Legoman's very high level of excellence when creating new models for the simulator, I would vote for the long start up if it could be set to a switch, so I would be able to choose between the 27 seconds or <3 seconds' start up. I am not sure I have enough patience to wait 27 secs after every reset or crash.

here is an old plane (see link below) with the sound profile from the video. the people you fly rc turbines seem to love it but the consensus here seems to be keep the startup time to a minimum.

so after the video and the av to test out. I will ask the question again. I imagine the answers will be the same.

Well I guess the typical answer is, do it the way you want it to work. I like it quick, but that's just me.

Well I guess the typical answer is, do it the way you want it to work. I like it quick, but that's just me.
Yep, #3 for me as well.
Spool 3 seconds or less is what I prefer.
So, #2 or #3 would be good for me.
The full 27 second detailed start up sounds great, and it is what we have become accustomed to with Legoman's very high level of excellence when creating new models for the simulator, I would vote for the long start up if it could be set to a switch, so I would be able to choose between the 27 seconds or <3 seconds' start up. I am not sure I have enough patience to wait 27 secs after every reset or crash.

okay I guess I will do an av with the starter. and the EA will have the normal startup or faster than normal.

AV for the Mig 21 with the electric start, igniters and spool to idle would be great, then we can have the best of both worlds, quick spawn and fly with the release version, or immerse ourselves in the jet turbine start up environment. (AV version).

update if it is not it "primer" grey or or "alphabet soup" it likeley is not mapped yet

2023-11-01 13_19_39-Wings3D 2.2.6.1 () - d__Robert_Documents_Wings 3d_Mig 21_MiG-21 5.wings_.jpg2023-11-01 13_20_53-Wings3D 2.2.6.1 () - d__Robert_Documents_Wings 3d_Mig 21_MiG-21 5.wings_.jpg

preliminary layout all roughly the same pixels per inch
2023-10-29 18_42_57-_[MiG-21 blank] (overwritten)-3.0 (RGB color, 2 layers) 4096x4096 – GIMP.jpg

changed fences actuators and hinges

2023-11-01 13_23_09-Wings3D 2.2.6.1 () - d__Robert_Documents_Wings 3d_Mig 21_MiG-21 5.wings_.jpg

Back