Mooney M20c

I`ll ask you and perhaps Legoman???, are the access and cargo doors suppose to work with my 6.5 beta,... currently, they don`t ??.. AND, is there a way to get them working, I`m thinking/guessing, I have to add a movable pod (only option on the "add" list) to each one, and assign a channel and movement to them in the editor...??? OR, do I have to wait for the finished/completed plane for them to function..?? This is my first Beta, so, I`m not sure what the limitations are...:p:p:eek::eek:.

They are on a switch only on the new DX controller (Transmitter Channel 9 - Switch H). Just edit it to something else and I'd think they would work. It's the input for Output Channel 10 in the editor.

Still can't figure out the cowl flaps being a different color. :mad:

is the uv map correct? I am about to look into it my self. But a prelimnary look make me think it is picking up the color of a panel line. also the gear doors don't line up real well when closed

EDIT the cowl flaps dont appear to be mapped or at least they have the wrong material assigned to them

Last edited:
Another indoor no fly day. Wind chill is 9 and winds gusting to 26. Sooooo....

P.S. I just today noticed the moving tail so I took down my AV's as they were set up for it in the full up position to fly level.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1576689535.jpg
    ScreenShot1576689535.jpg
    428.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
So here's the problem, After I imported the model into max from AC3D, set it all up for RF (shading, grouping animations, etc) I exported to RF. Everything is fine. I made some changes to the gear doors and the cowl flaps in AC3D and imported them into MAX to make the changes there. But when I import into RF the texture and shading gets messed up on different parts. They look fine in MAX though.

Attachments

• texture loss.jpg
    texture loss.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 7
They are on a switch only on the new DX controller (Transmitter Channel 9 - Switch H). Just edit it to something else and I'd think they would work. It's the input for Output Channel 10 in the editor.
Thanks for the info. BD, I`ll look into that in the editor, I`ve only got 8 channels on the Elite, which you probably know, I`m trying to get them on channel 8/3-way switch., If you or anyone else can give me the "axis" settings for each door, that would be of great help...;);):D

I guess I don't know what you mean, by needing the door axis.
In the editor, a +/- number must be assigned to the X,Y or Z axis,for any given pivot that you put into the model,.. depending on which way you want the object to move/rotate/pivot,..you will assign it a positive (+) number, or a Negative (-) number,...SO, in the editor, I/you can see the pivots for all/everything that you want to move in the model. Here`s a pic., in the editor for the "cargo door",.... you`ll notice the X,Y and Z axis settings that can be assigned #`s/values, ...it`s those settings that I need, usually, only one axis (Z,Y or Z) get`s just one or two +/- numbers assigned to it, in order to get the movement you want.

Attachments

• ScreenShot513.jpg
    ScreenShot513.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 9
I made a few changes again. I got rid of the movable tail but left the servo for anyone to change it back if they want. Neat feature but I doubt anyone will use it in flight. It will probably mess people up depending on where they have the switch set for it initially. Added exhaust. Added smoke on switch H. Moved the door open/close to R knob. And put the brakes on button I.

Also attaching the other color CS.

Attachments

• Mooney M20c 64 SS_AV.RFX
    379.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Mooney M20C II_CS.RFX
    3.3 MB · Views: 3
Donamy … I sent you an E-Mail with my variation.
I have the doors, cowls, Yokes, throttle, etc. moving.

If you take a look in the editor, you can see what I did and work from that.
There are a number of ways to accomplish animation depending only on your imagination … and of course the visuals existing and setup properly.

Enjoying your creation !!!!

My Mooney 201 color scheme … I know this model is not a 201, but I had an acquaintance with one, flew in it … great experience.

View attachment Mooney 201_CS.RFX

Donamy … I sent you an E-Mail with my variation.
I have the doors, cowls, Yokes, throttle, etc. moving.

If you take a look in the editor, you can see what I did and work from that.
There are a number of ways to accomplish animation depending only on your imagination … and of course the visuals existing and setup properly.

Enjoying your creation !!!!

My Mooney 201 color scheme … I know this model is not a 201, but I had an acquaintance with one, flew in it … great experience.

View attachment 63720

Got it and replied. Thanks !!

I made a few changes again. I got rid of the movable tail but left the servo for anyone to change it back if they want. Neat feature but I doubt anyone will use it in flight. It will probably mess people up depending on where they have the switch set for it initially. Added exhaust. Added smoke on switch H. Moved the door open/close to R knob. And put the brakes on button I.

Also attaching the other color CS.

I use the tail trim constantly. 3/4 trim up for TO/LG 1/4 up for speed.

Added weight myself and found some accurate deflections for the control surfaces. Still trying to figure things out with physics. Also added some things to the model. A door handle some lights, plus updating the cockpit panel with more detail.

Can`t wait to see the added details...;):D,... How did you add wight..??, I added some to various places, fuel tank,wheels, fuse, wings, the one that made a huge diff., was adding 17 lbs. of "ballast" in the fuse, centered approx. at the middle of the wing. I don`t know how diff. the physics are between 6.5 and 9, but it fly's real nice.;):D, I also played with wing Inc. a little, and changed the airfoil at root to NACA 0008 and 0010 at the tip. I`ll change the airfoils back, just to see what happens, if I don`t like the diff., I`ll go back to my mod...???

Here's some Mooney specs, if anyone wants them.

Attachments

• Mooney Specs.jpg
    Mooney Specs.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back