New Beta 3.5.044

CanCanCase said:
All public beta issues don't necessarily go into final release. The last "final" release was indeed .033, but if you look here: https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=15922 you'll see that the other versions (with the fixes being discussed) are, in fact, available.

-Case

Let me offer my congratulations to the KnifeEdge team for all of their hardwork! Great job!! And to all of the beta testers who have offered their time and experience to make this product what most of us expected it would be when we bought it.

As you have pointed out, they are, in fact, available. But, not posted to the official download site.

(If successful, you will see a message saying "You are now registered to use the Public Beta site until the new version is posted to official download site.") Ryan Douglas - administrator

My question is; Since we know that .033 has issues - and we know that most (if not all) of those issues and bugs have now been corrected - why hasn't KE made those fixes available on their official download site? There are some of us who are not computer literate and/or don't particularly want to become beta testers for software thet we've paid hundreds of dollars for. We want what we paid for to work!

Then when the beta is over it will be made avilable to the general public. It's still going thru the final testing and quality assurance to make sure they didn't miss any major bugs. It should be available to the general public soon.

Hmmm.. .044 and STILL horrible torque effects. Even with a maximium back torque setting, the torque roll is still unrealistically slow! I tried out .044, noticed this, and switched back to .033 right away. It would be nice to see a .045 with the torque effects of .033 and the corrected stalls and air density of .044...

Well I just decided to try beta .044 and here I am pissed off again!

I left this alone for months because I was one of the many who upgraded to 3.5 right away and was extremely pissed off that such a poor update made it's way onto my computer.

Now after waiting months I decided I would try it again.... I realize it's a beta.. but who the heck is programming 3.5?? Did you replace your programming staff and start over? It blows my mind that now I have to go through the hassle of downgrading yet again to 3.0

Is it better than the first 3.5? Sure! Is it worse than 3.0 Very much so!

IN TRs and rolling harriers the alerions are about 3 times more effective than they should be.

I realize there are tweaks I can do on my end with prop wash etc... but I dont expect to have to adjust every plane because of an update.. no I am not talking about custom planes either.

Coming from someone who has used this as a serious pratice tool for the last yr and spent 1-4hrs probably 4-5 nights a week for the last year I can't believe you guys messed up this program that much. Personally I have told atleast 3 people not to waste their money on thsi right now.

I see you had jason Knoll "helping" you can't tell me he didnt notice the serious 3D flying issues :(

Back to a reinstall once again

sinergy said:
Is it better than the first 3.5? Sure! Is it worse than 3.0 Very much so!

IN TRs and rolling harriers the alerions are about 3 times more effective than they should be.

Oh, c'mon!

What does it take to adjust this? 10 seconds...

Lower the throws, big deal.

Sheez, damned both ways.

Give them a break. It's a VAST improvement.

LevelTrim said:
Hmmm.. .044 and STILL horrible torque effects. Even with a maximium back torque setting, the torque roll is still unrealistically slow! I tried out .044, noticed this, and switched back to .033 right away. It would be nice to see a .045 with the torque effects of .033 and the corrected stalls and air density of .044...

And the next post states the opposite....

However your post is more in line with reality...

I wouldn't call the torque effect "unrealistically slow", the Yak is not that much slower than my real one... try upping the throws in high rates a bit. The plane rolls to the right just fine this way.

The roll rate / aileron authority in .044 was dramatically increased on many planes.

Well I just tried the beta .044 and all of my helis fly great, much more realistic, they fly almost identical to the real thing...great job KE, thank you.

Tom

Steppenwolf said:
Opjose,

It appears you are fighting a losing battle. :eek:

Wolf

Only in their eyes...

The "battle" to have KE adjust the code was "won" when they released the first beta.

Now that we have the best of both 3.0 and the release of 3.5 they want it to go BACK?

What sim are they running?

That said, one or two people who have complained of "bad flight models" after the upgrade have re-installed and updated again, and claim that the problems have disappeared.... so we might be seeing a reaction to something like this...

It would account for the somewhat strange claims from the rest of our perspective.

You know...I think it would be great if KE would do what I say...I think this sucks..I think that sucks..Fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I would also like Microsoft to do what I want also.

I've read about these folks complaining about paying x bucks for Realflight and blah blah blah..Well I've paid the same bucks Sit down folks and try and write a program comparable to RF. Let me know how it goes...Let me Beta test it.

Nuff said

Everyone has a different plane or heli.
Even if 2 people have the same model, they're going to fly differently.
You don't go buy an ARF or RTF model and expect it to fly exactly like the one you had before it crashed (even less expectation of similarity if you're kit or scratch building!)
I'm just happy we have such a great sim that allows us to make these tweaks.
Of the people complaining the loudest, I wonder how much time they spend actually flying (sim or IRL)?
Also, why is it that only the complaints are loud and obnoxious? It's very rare to hear from the thousands or millions of ultra-satisfied customers...

-Case

tommyboy196 said:
Well I just tried the beta .044 and all of my helis fly great, much more realistic, they fly almost identical to the real thing...great job KE, thank you.

Tom

Which helis are you talking aobut? The stock ones that com ewith te upgrade, or add ons from KE or swap pages? Care to list them?

The Stock Helis are better.

Some of the ones from the swap pages need adjustments to compensate for the changes.

A few such as the MicroHeli TRex-600 are currently non flyable... but that is more of a problem with the user created model/physics itself.

ME too ...

cfossa said:
Hi,

The TREX 600 works great for me, but not the smaller TREX. It wobbles uncontroallably.

Carl
That's the way it's behaving on my machine as well ... with the floater only slightly better than the non-floater, but both sporadically (intermittant) wobblers .

The torque roll is DEFINITELY slow though. Needs improvement. Oh and by the way I meant a non-cheating torque roll without using any AILERON input at all, just letting the plane rotate on its own rotational torque from the engine (back torque, true torque roll)... A lot of my rc'er friends agree it would be perfect if they kept everything in .045 the same except upping the torque a little. pleeeease KE? I'm not against G3 at all, absolutely admire the software and the ridiculous amount of hard work that had to have gone into it to even bring it into existence, just sharing two cents to improve an already awesome program. Glad to have aircraft that don't act like their on rails or exhibit little to no inertia / mass effects!!!

Last edited:
LevelTrim said:
The torque roll is DEFINITELY slow though. Needs improvement. Oh and by the way I meant a non-cheating torque roll without using any AILERON input at all, just letting the plane rotate on its own rotational torque from the engine (back torque, true torque roll)... A lot of my rc'er friends agree it would be perfect if they kept everything in .045 the same except upping the torque a little. pleeeease KE? I'm not against G3 at all, absolutely admire the software and the ridiculous amount of hard work that had to have gone into it to even bring it into existence, just sharing two cents to improve an already awesome program. Glad to have aircraft that don't act like their on rails or exhibit little to no inertia / mass effects!!!

Any way of stating how much torque roll it should have in a known plane such as the Yak 54 3D?

I know this is not easy to express on a board... other than things like degrees per second, which how am I going to measure...

Afaik;

touque is push power.
props have weight. it takes some power to make it increase its RPM.
Props have Drag. they have 2-3?? types of drag. for now. The first is the same as Frontal drag (Even and arrow has Frontal Drag).
the second is lift/pushing power. Concider a Yak in hover. It is not moveing. and is out of ground effect (his is fo tail.elevator) the prop is pushing down with the same amount of Force as Gravity is Pulling down. IE 1KG plane and 1kg Thrust.

Torque roll is when ther are Equel forces from wings and Controle surfaces (Or anything in the line of Prop thrust are Straight and giving no lift to induse a roll) .
Now the only thing the prop is pushing its Constant "lift/pusheing power" against is the drag rate of wing when spun in that axis.The Exact terms Elude me now.

a perfect tail slide will have 1kg : 1kg , or less.
most full scale can not get 1:1 power to weight. But the Yak! hmmm :)

To counter the torque on tail slide you will Effect the alerons. but depending on what % of Prop wash area of the Aleron Controle surface you have, and the Rate of slide you have, you may aproach negative effect from controle surfaces like Alero. The Elevator and Rudder may still be in prop effect depending on rate of decent and power from prop at any given time. depending on these you will be varying the amount of torque as you decrase power to stop climb or start decent etc etc, at any one moment all variables change. they change constantly untill you get into a hover, or torque roll etc. (whene it is set up).
The Plaines pop off the hover Because of things like speed on decents or wind or Not being Balanced on the ball whole rotating into.

NB. I was surprised how little the controle surfaces move when useing the "Yak 54 3d (Gyro)" with gyro activated.

Last edited:
Back