NO SESSIONS FOUND (KnifeEdge is down)

Hi folks. New user here. Pardon my french. Usually speak french. Im writing now to let you know that I'm also for a direct IP to IP or Peer to peer option in the multiplayer options... I didnt read all the thread but did a search for "multiplayer" and "multiplayer list" cause I wanted to play online with a friend so he hosted a game, I searched for the name of the game he hosted through the multiplayer list but didn't beem able to find his game. I did the same to see if he was able to see mine and he didn't. So then I read somewhere on a FAQ here that if he don't have the same version of RF that may be the cause but I'm pretty sure he also have the latest... so, Im about to put a cross on that. Unless you guys can help me I think I won't be able to play with him.

Last edited:
It also has to be the latest sub-version #, so make sure you have both downloaded the latest upgrade to the software.

I just checked and the 7.00.036 version is communicating. Why not both of you trying to enter the same server listed on-line. Is that working for you? Start there.

It could be that your routers are not configured correctly or many other reasons.

It also has to be the latest sub-version #, so make sure you have both downloaded the latest upgrade to the software.

I just checked and the 7.00.036 version is communicating. Why not both of you trying to enter the same server listed on-line. Is that working for you? Start there.

It could be that your routers are not configured correctly or many other reasons.

Yeah that could be a good idea. It's just that my computer is a laptop and it runs RF7 but when there's too much players, it starts to lag. Between 2-4 at 6 players it's ok. That's why I wanted to play directly with him. But anyways, maybe in a future version. When it comes to multiplaying, im really not the best... I think it's the first "game" that I tried too achieve an online game with so I don't know exactly how to configure my/our routers. Each time I try to change settings in routers web administration pages, I break everything so I stated that I'm not ready yet. Hehe

Thanks a lot for the fast answer 12oclockhigh - It is really appreciated. That will surely help us to comprehend the exact cause of our problem. At first I thought RF7 was showing a certain numbers of all the hosted game worlwide. My results was always around 4-5 games in the list and I was thinking there was way more than 4-5 games hosted worldwide, maybe I was wrong haha. So, thanks again. Hope to see one of you in a field soon.

If the session is lagging your computer, you can try hiding some of the players. You can do that by displaying the score board (press 6 or use menu). Use the drop-down arrow and click the hide button.

Yeah laptops are pretty weak on the gaming side, unless you have a high end gaming laptop. Turn off as much of the eye candy as possible in the Settings menu... shadow for one. set everything to low.

If the session is lagging your computer, you can try hiding some of the players. You can do that by displaying the score board (press 6 or use menu). Use the drop-down arrow and click the hide button.

Yeah laptops are pretty weak on the gaming side, unless you have a high end gaming laptop. Turn off as much of the eye candy as possible in the Settings menu... shadow for one. set everything to low.

Sick. Thanks for the hint. Imma do that. Do you know if there's a way to lock the audio/voice on that person ?

I'm now using the lowest graphical settings + everything is turned off when talking of shadows, particles, clouds. I'm planning to build a tower so I can enjoy a bit more the nice graphics KnifeEdge team/users did.

You can mute a player without hiding them... when you hide them, they are also muted. You will see events such as players coming and going.

Back