Northop XB-35/YB-49 Build

legoman replied: "they are garage door style doors that roll in a (curved) track."

Wow ... what a challenge that presents. A nightmare in the making.
You actually going to tackle that ... I counted 19 individual panels and 8 bays.
Without going to my calculator, I say ... that's a lot to things to move ... and in a curved track.

sorry for the lack of updates the internet has been out since friday night saturday morning till noon ish today and a power outage for a large portion of yesterday. I will try and get some pictures up at some point. I think i have an idea to make it "easy" ish (linear actuator). I have it currently setup via nup commands but they are not quite enough control without a lot of work multiple pivots/objects per door

Love the XB-35, awesome roll up action on the bomb bay doors and delayed/sequenced bomb drop, the gun turrets add realism (hide/show plus pan left/right/up/down) with back sliders, the landing gear doors sequencing is another great feature, also the contra-rotating props, and lots of camera angles to view from (5 cameras).
Superb work Legoman.

Back