Northop XB-35/YB-49 Build

not only is this so cool looking flying around the sky, it also flies really well.

oh, I was wondering: Are you going to put a camera inside the cockpit so we can look around inside? Of all airplane interiors, this seems like one that really needs such a thing. ?
Space boy, I`m guessing he will, BUT, in the mean time, you can add one in the beta if you want..... ? :)

Space boy, I`m guessing he will, BUT, in the mean time, you can add one in the beta if you want..... ? :)
i hadn't thought of that! thanks for clarifying that. my mind was associating cameras with the modeling process (likely a holdover from my own 3D modeling and animation days), and you've helped me to see that, in RealFlight, it's simply an aircraft editor setting.

thank you, UT. ?

I`d watch it AND enjoy it... :) :) (y) (y) ...I`m a little lost about the Sky Terror Mk III comment, not sure what you mean...:unsure:

the third instalment of my jet scratch built planes although the newer ones are looking more like real planes. the first is a vtol jet, the second is an extreme aerobatic jet, and the third may be interdictor, interceptor or air superiority plane.

ScreenShot1615808501.jpg
ScreenShot1630696872.jpg

I tried to record some footage to find out it was not recording the right click menus so it looked like magic mouse waving and stuff happened most likely wont post that footage. so I will need to find a recording software other than the xbox game bar built into windows.

also would you all rather see the mapping, course building (making plane shape), finer detail stuff like the cockpit details or blender work, the final steps. I might record all of it eventually I was wondering what you all wanted to see first.

I was creating the gauges for the flight engineer and oh my the are alot guages for each engine
  1. RPM
  2. Fuel flow
  3. Fuel Pressure
  4. Manifold pressure
  5. Carb air temp
  6. cylinder Head temp
  7. Exhaust back pressure
  8. Turbo bearing temp
  9. Oil quantity
  10. Oil pressure
  11. Oil temp
  12. cowl flap position
  13. inter cooler flap position

I tried to record some footage to find out it was not recording the right click menus so it looked like magic mouse waving and stuff happened most likely wont post that footage. so I will need to find a recording software other than the xbox game bar built into windows.

also would you all rather see the mapping, course building (making plane shape), finer detail stuff like the cockpit details or blender work, the final steps. I might record all of it eventually I was wondering what you all wanted to see first.

I was creating the gauges for the flight engineer and oh my the are alot guages for each engine
  1. RPM
  2. Fuel flow
  3. Fuel Pressure
  4. Manifold pressure
  5. Carb air temp
  6. cylinder Head temp
  7. Exhaust back pressure
  8. Turbo bearing temp
  9. Oil quantity
  10. Oil pressure
  11. Oil temp
  12. cowl flap position
  13. inter cooler flap position
For me making the plane shape and a tutorial on the tools you use because I'll need them later.

I would rather see the "plane shaping" first including installing the 3-view image`s.....RE: the gauges, WOW, the flight engineer must have had the eyes of a chameleon... :p :p

Once a power level and airspeed has been established the gauges flight engineer is monitoring gauges to judge engine health and stop a failure before it destroys the motor and/or plane. drawing fuel out of the correct tanks to maintain a stable cg, cylinder head temps are high on engine 3 open the cowl flaps a bit more. a glance once every one or two minutes would be adequate for some gauges unless something is incorrect then you look back more and make adjustment as needed.

lets be honest when you are driving an older car how often do you look at the gauges. Is every thing normal? yes check back later, No check back sooner and see if it got worse or not.

I also forgot to mention that the engineer also has a strain gauge that measure torque/power output which can identify if there is a dead/low cylinder it manifold pressure does not match torque/power output

Last edited:
Back