Northop XB-35/YB-49 Build

to everyone sorry for the lack of updates. I have had near zero energy or have been helping family get stuff done.

Ha ha, yeah, I`d have to admit, driving a car, I`d rarely look at the gauges, BUT, if I were a flight engineer in a plane like that, I would be more diligent.....

I have a deuce and a half from 1970. and I look down and check oil pressure and water temperature to monitor engine health and air pressure because if I loose air pressure I now have a 11,000 pound truck with manual (non-boosted) brakes and engine brake. battery voltage also gets checked just because the alternator acts up sometimes it hit the 24volt batteries with 30+volts. I check them every few miles or so.

wait! cars have gauges!???!? ??????

(JUST KIDDING!!!! (I know full well that they don't!)???)

your right the new ones have idiot lights.

Nice to put face to the name as they say Legoman, Yeah when I said 4 wheeling, trails was more of what I meant, throw in a nice hill climb or something like that, I imagine the parts are pricey and probably somewhat hard to find, SO, I wouldn`t want to beat up on it to much either. Parades and ice cream cruises actually sound like a lot of fun...??

Nice to put face to the name as they say Legoman, Yeah when I said 4 wheeling, trails was more of what I meant, throw in a nice hill climb or something like that, I imagine the parts are pricey and probably somewhat hard to find, SO, I wouldn`t want to beat up on it to much either. Parades and ice cream cruises actually sound like a lot of fun...??

too many people around here find mud as there off-roading of choice. I hate repacking bearings, replacing seals and u-joints, and repairing/replacing 100+ pound broken parts. but driving it through the fast food drive through and having to open the door to reach the window. or drive down the road and being at eye level of semi tractors. Also laughing at the pickup trucks who had to add a lift to get 35's underneath them. and I have 49's and no lift.

Yep, I sorta get the mud thing, it LOOKS like fun, BUT, as you say, the maintenance is a labor intensive/time consuming and expensive pain in the arse , thus, I would choose too just watch and not participate. Now, the drive through thing and driving next to a semi would fun, BUT, your last sentence is just plain hilarious, I wouldn`t want to be the guy in the pick-up, If I was, I`d probably just go park it for a while and ask myself ...why..??..ya know, it falls under the category of...there`s (almost) always someone bigger, badder and better. Your deuce is hard to beat. That thing is just plain bad ***...!!!

Any chance of a 3D model of the Deuce, would be great for a Military airport object.
Love those wheels, what tire pressure ?

I have thought about making one (drivable) for rf. there is one that is a stock airport object it sort of looks like a M923 and M35 hybrid. tire pressure I use mostly 100-110 psi for fuel mileage and tread wear but i could drop them as low as 20-25 psi for off road only use. each tire is good for 10,000+ pound each (load range M). so they are not working very hard.

ah. i found this one...
index.php

Back