P-39 Airacobra EP

I went back this morning and tweaked the door frame part of the canopy, it was a little too thick. It would be hard to see in a picture so I don't have one. Now I need to finish shaping the vstab so I'll post another picture then.

Ugh! I broke off a tooth so I have a dental appointment in a little while, hopefully they can put on a crown. I think the next option is a root canal but I'm not sure. I'll see I guess. Not really looking forward to this.

I've been working on the P-39. I did a test yesterday, but it was just a test so I had to go back and redo it for a real version. After that I found a couple of small problems in the mesh I need to fix. I played with them a little before I stopped and it looks like they'll be easy to fix. Oh. I requested a name change on the build thread so in the next few days if you see one that's what happened. The new name will be P-39 Airacobra EP to mimic the names I used for the P-51 and P-40 px series planes I did.

I fixed the two places on the fuselage that had problems in the mesh and then finished shaping the elevator and rudder. I may need to tweak the location of the wing a little, it might need to go up a little bit. But things are moving right along.

I added the front gear tonight. The gear I modified had my older tire so I still need to replace the tire. But the gear seems to look pretty decent. I do still have a bit of work to do on it.

PX-39 08.jpg

Last edited:
I was looking at the front gear after I posted the picture of it last night and it looked a bit off. So I found a plan of the real plane and it shows the front gear with a little less angle and further foreword than the plan I've been using. So I thought I'd let you know I'll be making a change to it if you thought the same thing when you looked at the picture.

It looks really good. And I'm glad you're doing another tricycle geared warplane type. Question though 🤔. Are you planning on adding the scoop behind the canopy? I kept looking at it and it seemed like something is missing. You probably just haven't gotten to that yet. But yes it is looking really nice. Keep going.👍

It looks really good. And I'm glad you're doing another tricycle geared warplane type. Question though 🤔. Are you planning on adding the scoop behind the canopy? I kept looking at it and it seemed like something is missing. You probably just haven't gotten to that yet. But yes it is looking really nice. Keep going.👍
Yes sir the scoop will definitely be there. For some reason I keep putting it off.

Back