P-39 Airacobra EP

I started working on the flight physics this morning. I have something I like pretty well but I still need to finalize it. I may wait to do that until I do the spec map, that will make the plane look better. As in there's a lot of gloss places that don't need it because the spec map is a solid color. So it's probably time to do it.

I made the final tweaks to the physics so here's a beta for you to play with. Please give it a good test and let me know if you find any problems. I think it's ready to release but I want you guys to check it first. Thanks!

Controls Set for InterLink Elite

Brakes: Down Elevator
Gear: Channel 7 switch
Smoke: Channel 8 3 Position Switch Forward

PX-39 39.jpg

Attachments

• P-39 Airacobra EP_EA.RFX
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
Technoid I sent you a personal email and you must not have received it. I had mentioned in it that the only thing I found was the maximum steering angle of the nose wheel is set at 10 degrees. And in a tight turn it looks like it's scrubbing the nose wheel but still turns nice and tight. I changed it to 40 or 45 degrees and visually it looked better. Other then that everything seems good. It flies very nice. Good job.

Technoid I sent you a personal email and you must not have received it. I had mentioned in it that the only thing I found was the maximum steering angle of the nose wheel is set at 10 degrees. And in a tight turn it looks like it's scrubbing the nose wheel but still turns nice and tight. I changed it to 40 or 45 degrees and visually it looked better. Other then that everything seems good. It flies very nice. Good job.
No I didn't get it but I just answered your 2nd email about it. I'll take a look at it, thanks for the explanation about the scrubbing tire. I had it at 30 degrees but the plane seemed to tip over easy so I reduced it to help that. But I'll look at it again. Thanks!

Right now I have some errands to run and then grocery shopping.

Hey Tech. Here is another suggestion and it's not telling you what to do, you have been doing this stuff longer than I have. If you turn down the friction multiplier (%) on the front wheel for steering it doesn't grab as much when turning at higher speeds with less tendency to tip the plane over but is still good at lower speeds. Just an idea my good friend. ;)

@rcdoski On the steering issue. I ended up putting the steering limit back to 30 degrees like I normally have it. To me it looks good zoomed in close turning in a circle now, so thanks for bringing that up. I didn't think to look at the tire close when it was turning but it did look like it was skating a little going round in a circle. But at 30 degrees it looks okay to me.

Is there a way to switch from the DX11 Beta to the normal released version of EVO without Steam downloading everything again. Each time I go back and forth it downloads gigabytes of files and takes a long time to do it.

Is there a way to switch from the DX11 Beta to the normal released version of EVO without Steam downloading everything again. Each time I go back and forth it downloads gigabytes of files and takes a long time to do it.
not to my knowledge. I have not tried to post an ea in the dx11 beta but the B-43 night CS was posted from the dx11beta. no issues

not to my knowledge. I have not tried to post an ea in the dx11 beta but the B-43 night CS was posted from the dx11beta. no issues
Thanks. Ryan told me there was a little difference and it might be better to release from the retail version. But that might only affect the 3d portion.

Back