P-39 Airacobra EP

There's one more thing I'm going to do to the gauges. I ran the gauges though a sharpen filter which also makes them a little brighter. But after looking at them for a while I think the sharpen filter over did it so I'll go back and tweak that or not do the sharpen so the gauges aren't overdone. They look a little harsh to me. I should do all this tweaking before I upload a picture. But I tend to upload a picture at each step, which is too much. Sorry about that.

Reminds me of one of the First 'Gas Planes' I ever saw flying (I think I was 11). It was a little control line plane by Cox, powered by an .049

Okay, I think this looks better. The gauges were just to harsh looking for me. I ended up changing to a different Sharpen filter and leaving the clock out of the sharpen filter (it was brighter and sharper than the other gauges to begin with). So let me know if this looks better to you.

PX-39 42.jpg

@legoman OOPS.. I thought the angle brace problem was behind me but I just noticed something. Here's a picture of it sitting there bent back and oscillating back and forth a little front to back. I'm using Springy gear so I imagine if I changed to "non springy" gear it would be okay. Bummer. I just happened to look at the plane close and the front gear looked bent so I zoomed in.

PX-39 43.jpg

SOOOOO, did changing it to "non springy" work or not, your comment leaves us guessing a little???.. :unsure: :unsure:
@legoman I had just seen it and took the picture so I hadn't done anything yet to test it. But I just finished looking at it and it was set to "Springy Round Steel", which would go back and forth. So I changed it to "Springy Scale Retracts" and it seems to be fine now. If I apply the brakes and give it some throttle and let off it does what it should, goes up and down at an angle. So it looks like it's not a biggie and fixed. The wing gear was already set to Springy Scale Retracts so I don't know why I used "Springy Round Steel" on the nose gear. Dumb ole me.

I just remembered why I set the nose gear to springy round steel. The physics I used was from the PX-40 which had a tail gear, so for the PX-39 I moved it forward and adjusted its size. And when I looked at the gear type it was set to "round steel", not springy. I knew I needed springy gear so I just changed it to Springy Round Steel, instead of changing it to Springy Scale Retracts like I should have.

Now my stupid oven is acting up. Last night I preheated it to cook a pizza and at 10 minutes of preheating it was just warm, not hot. So it took 25 minutes to preheat (usually 10). Then after I put in the pizza it started giving me errors and beeping. I turned it off an on a couple of times and it seemed to be fine. But after a while the fan in the oven came on and when I opened the door it was blazing hot and the pizza was black. We have one of those drop in ranges (built into the counter) which costs 2,000 bucks to replace. So I call a appliance repair company and they're not sure if they can get the control board it needs to fix it. So I'm waiting on them to check on availability. What does this have to do with my plane, nothing. Just venting.

Well a 20-year-old range cost 600 bucks to fix and probably about 2,400 to replace with new, with tax and installation. Ugh!

I just called the guy to fix it instead of buying a new one. He needs to trouble shoot it in person before he orders parts so he'll be here Friday to do that. A new one had to be ordered from the factory so I think I can get it fixed faster. It seems Drop-In ranges aren't used much these days.

My my my, something about the plane. I can't seem to get interested in working on it right now. I guess I'll do the spec map next it's fairly easy to do and doesn't require much brain power, which seems to be in short supply right now.

I finally did something to the plane (the oven problem slowed me down for a bit). I thought the instrument panel looked good but it also looked a little sparse since the gauges didn't quite fill it up. So I went back and filled out the sides. Here's a new picture for you. This time I didn't add a sharpen filter at all, and I think it looks better this way. Ha.. I got the gauges from a plane I had already applied a sharpen filter so it didn't need it.

PX-39 44.jpg

Back