Post Your Renders!

FlyGuy

Banned
I noticed that most other game sites that allow users to create custom models have a "Post Your Renders!" thread. So I figured G3 deserved one as well :)

These should be suitable as desktop wallpaper images.

Heres the first render...

Attachments

• Cap232_1600x1200_01.jpg
    Cap232_1600x1200_01.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 585
Thanks Jose ;)

What do you mean Harv?

Heres a render of 2 different Extras

Attachments

• Extra330S_1600x1200_01.jpg
    Extra330S_1600x1200_01.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 360
i mean, you have your planes as if it were at a photo booth or something, for example you have your extra in a spot with a bachround saying knifeecdge on it.(sorry if its confusing you)(wats a render)?

Computer graphic renderings of a 3D model.

Its just a little stage I made to "render" my planes on.

Heres all of my planes for G3 so far. Most of them have been released. Many hours of work went into these (too many) :eek:

Attachments

• All Planes.jpg
    All Planes.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 679
inky00 said:
Have you released the lawnmower as i would love to try flying it ,it looks great

Sorry but one of the owners of the company that makes the real "Sky Cutter" threatened to take legal action against me -so no mower to the public from me :( :mad:

The B-52 is still not entirely finished, I do have a flying version that I use in G3 but it has not been properly texture mapped yet.

Pic has the canopys fixed and added the 2 new Katanas

Attachments

• All Planes2.jpg
    All Planes2.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 285
That military style R/C drone looks cool. Is that one done? That would be cool to fly around with the cockpit cam view.

Sorry but one of the owners of the company that makes the real "Sky Cutter" threatened to take legal action against me -so no mower to the public from me

Well then! I won't be buying the real "Sky Cutter" then! Was seriously wanting to let go of some cash for the novelty, but no longer...I'm going to get the RCU Bipe instead, and try to find some micro-servos and a cheap micro 6 meter receiver. Looking for a hi-perf brushless/batteries too. Should be a lot of fun, and minimal cash-for-crash repairs.

BTW...nice stable, Rick.

Charles

Last edited:
Flyguy, I like your stuff. Good work. Your texturing is top notch, though for your renderings, a little more time on the shaders would work, especially since the settings would carry over most of the time. Monokote, is a little more glossy than that, though Ultracoke can be a little flatter, and the lack of shadows/reflections is giving the renders a super-flat work.

Not trying to bing you down, just a few pointers. I have not downloaded any of your stuff but I am sure it looks better in-game, as renders and game exports are two seperate things.

And I am not sure that the makers could take any legal action. You are making a 3D representation based on a real product. It would be like suing you for taking a picture or making a painting. They can not do that.

I do some part-time work for a small video game developer, we make a simulator and we have to copy real products all the time. We can not use the name of the actual design without proper licensing and permission, but for those that do not (a competitor has deals with some manufacturers, we have deals with others) then we copy the stuff and call it something else and they can not touch us. Yes, we have been threatened, but there is not jack they can do legally.

So as long as you do not call it a sky cutter, and you do not exactly mimick the paint job, then they have nothing to stand on. And even if you did, If you did not charge for it, then really there is still nothing they can do.

torch511 thanks for your honest opinion, you have no idea how much I appreciate that :) Yeah as far as my rendering skills go (light setups, shadows etc) I know they are severely lacking :D I have very little patience for learning new things and have been avoiding lighting like the plague. I do all my renderings with a single light (sky light) and I know thats pretty sad :eek: Also the planes do look very different in G3 (much better IMO).

If you (or anyone else) could point me to a easy to understand max lighting tutorial I would surely appreciate it.

Hi Rick,

Nice renders !

If you want to get specular highlights to appear when you are using just a sky light you can add a point/spot/direct light and just uncheck the diffuse option. That way the only thing that is added to the scene by the light is the specular highlights.

regards,

Tony

Attachments

• set.jpg
    set.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 93
Updated pic has almost everything (and my lighting still sucks)

Attachments

• Lineup.jpg
    Lineup.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Back