Post Your Renders!

In progress.....or limbo!

Here's a pile of some of the major projects I have in the works (some have been in the works for a long time) others are new...one might never have been mentioned before!

These "in depth" projects take time and dedication.....when you work on a certain model for so long you tend to get "burned out" or in a "rut" that's when you need a break from it (thus starting a new model) this way you don't rush through and compromise quality. I jump back and forth between most of these projects and do some tinkering / improving here and there.....so eventually they will all hit the skies.....but when is the question to be answered.

The PBY-5A looks small compared to the rest of the models! I always scale my models so they are around the 100" w.s. mark (that's a visually nice size in the sim) but after seeing this....I might bump up the PBY size a bit (currently at 104" w.s.")

Attachments

• in progress (1).jpg
    in progress (1).jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 36
  • in progress (2).jpg
    in progress (2).jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 41
  • in progress (3).jpg
    in progress (3).jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 25
A couple of my World War 2 fighters and a special B-36 and no it's not the same one that's in the sim. This one has nothing in the rear bomb bay, but from looking at the reflection can anybody tell what's in the front? I'd be surprised if anybody could tell since you can barely see it. So I guess you'll have to wait and see :)

Attachments

• P-38 Rendering 1.jpg
    P-38 Rendering 1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Wildcat Rendering.jpg
    Wildcat Rendering.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 28
  • NASA Rendering.jpg
    NASA Rendering.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
OK here's mine so far

OK it is late so I'll start My Thread for the Citabria, Scouts, and Decathlons that I have planed later when my Eyes can focus. :p

But for now here are some Renderings...

Attachments

• CP3.JPG
    CP3.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 17
  • CIT0015.JPG
    CIT0015.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 18
  • CP6.JPG
    CP6.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 6
  • CIT0035a.JPG
    CIT0035a.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Not my best plane but its a start with WWI Biplanes. Heres a pic of the almost finished Sopwith Camel.

Attachments

• Camel.JPG
    Camel.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Camel2.JPG
    Camel2.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Camel3.JPG
    Camel3.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 20
A little bit bored by the endless texturing of the Grumman G-44, I finally started my EH101 Westland (Military Version) project.

Greets,

Max

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 38
You should make a thread on how to do that. Great renders there. Included the best I can do.

Attachments

• B6N2.jpg
    B6N2.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 47
looks nice

I think you did a great job wills. It would be really great if you can get rid on the ground and place a back ground pictuer :)

Sorry, not yet. It's really only a few small things to texture. Mainly the inner cockpit and some small stuff. Here's a preview of the .tga - file with texture baked dirt and ambient occlusion. I reduced the resolution from 4096 (which will be used for export) to 1024 and compressed it to .jpg.

Greets,

Max

Attachments

• G-44.jpg
    G-44.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 47
Wingman57 said:
Not my best plane but its a start with WWI Biplanes. Heres a pic of the almost finished Sopwith Camel.

howd you do that i have wings three dee :D ... buti dont know how to turn 2d into 3d whith wings three dee

Grumman G-44 with Bump Mapping

Today I've renderd a ruff normal map for my Grumman G-44 Widgeon with Blender. I was quite amused that it was easier than I thought....

Greets,

Max

By the way: Because of the multiple texture - files, the .rfx - archive size of the Widgeon is 47 MB at the moment.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 39
Looks much more real to me with bump mapping.... :) Let's see if I can integrate a fine spec map too ;)

Perhaps KnifeEdge should establish an additional swap page server when every future aircraft get's a normal map too....

Greets,

Max

EH101 Status report...

During the last days I found a little time to continue the modelling on the EH101 Westland...

Greets,

Max

Attachments

• Render.jpg
    Render.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Render2.jpg
    Render2.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
  1. Massivly cleaned up the mesh to save polys...
  2. Added Main Head Section (not finished)
  3. Added Turbine Exhaust and Air Insert (not finished)
  4. Added Retracts ( not finisihed)

Let's see how many details I can add till I reach the poly limit....

Greets,

Max

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 38
maxkop said:
  1. Massivly cleaned up the mesh to save polys...
  2. Added Main Head Section (not finished)
  3. Added Turbine Exhaust and Air Insert (not finished)
  4. Added Retracts ( not finisihed)

Let's see how many details I can add till I reach the poly limit....

Greets,

Max
That's looking sweet :cool:

Back