Post Your Renders!

Cazy Map

Man that has to be the Crazzzzyest Map Unfolding I have ever seen. but I think you forgot the secound Lug nut on the left tire. :D

what progream did you use for the model and the Map? I dont see the tail-tail signes of truning every face in to a Triangle like AD3d does.

I'm allmost done with my first 4 RF models and needs some crazzzy maps my self.

I use BLENDER (www.blender.org). After my opinion, the mapping in Blender is much easier than in 3dsmax. In 3dsmax you have hundred of functions to change your mapping, align your mapping, tweak your mapping..........

In Blender you have only 1 unwrapping - algorithm. (And meanwhile I'm thinking it's better than all of 3dsmax's mapping techniques together :) )

Greets,

Max

F9F Panther

Here is a couple of renders of the Panther, should be on the swaps soon.

Attachments

• F9F_Panther2.jpg
    F9F_Panther2.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 17
  • F9F_Panther3.jpg
    F9F_Panther3.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 15
Blade Scraper said:
Did you ever port over my varient?

No I didnt, I just did a generic physics, you can have it again after I post it, I am sure it was a wondulful av for G4, but with all the projects I got going, no time to convert or have somebody else convert to G3.5, Thanks for the effort though :)

Continued the texturing on the retracts and tires. Hmmm....too much bump...

Greets,

Max

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 44
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 29
Wow!
Geez Max, I think you've outdone yourself this time.
Your colorscheme looks so good, almost as if there's some Bump mapping going on.

Looking forward to this one,
Frank...

There is some bump mapping going on :)

Without bump - mapping, and only anti - alasing enabled it will look like the following render. I've also attached an screenshot of the aircraft in the simulator without anti - alasing and anisotropic filtering (some normals in the inside of the cockpit are still fliped, I will correct that when I come to the texturing of the 'Insides')

Greets,

Max

Attachments

• bump-disabled.jpg
    bump-disabled.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Simulator.jpg
    Simulator.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 41
Max,

That looks superb! The "un-smooth" finish looks just like wavy aluminum skins (as most full scales would be also.....not smooth)

One thing I noticed though: The tires are too shiny! On all my models I actually model the rim and tire as separate objects. This way I can apply a plain black material to just the tires (and set to the appropriate gloss.....or dullness actually) The only downside is you can't map it and "paint" on the tread pattern. All in all having a dull black tire is more important to me then seeing the tread.

Again great work...can't wait to see it 100% finished.

The aircraft is still imported as one object. All parts have the same material at the moment. When the texturing is done I simply re - devide all parts in Blender and give them different materials. That working very fast with the linking feature. Thanks for the tip. I can devide the different tire parts and apply differnt material settings on it too :)

In addition I can paint everything on my tires. They are fully unwrapped....

Greets,

Max

Attachments

• Blender.jpg
    Blender.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 48
  • UV-Map.jpg
    UV-Map.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Max,

Just wanted to make sure you know I'm very impressed with your work (always have been) I certainly wasn't trying to point out any flaws.....instead just wanted to mention how I've dealt with that in the past. You've put more time and dedication into the texturing than most do on a complete build!

Keep it up

Thanks :) Because I'm limited to 20000 Poly's the only way to give my aircraft now more detail is texturing. That's what really bothered me on my Jakowlev - Jak - 3. I mean it looked nice, but no really realistic. Hopefully I can improve that on my Widgeon.

Greets,

Max

maxkop said:

Hmmmmmm.....yeah. I also could do so much more with a higher poly limit. I still swear the poly count doesn't affect the fps...it's the complexity of the editor and physics.

I have some 20,000 poly aircraft (with simple editor physics) that are just wonderful in the sim. Then I have lower poly aircraft with more complex editor setups that do put a hit on the fps.

I really wish they could bump up the limit some.

Well, I think the problem is the multiplayer mode here. To fly a 40000 Poly aircraft in a single session is no problem for a default computer system nowadays. But to fly with 20 other 40000 Poly aircrafts in one multiplayer session including collision detection will probably be to much to handle.

Ok, ok...a user with a quad core extreme and 2 NVIDIA GeForce 9800 in SLI mode will only see a small drop down in frame rate but with my AMD 2400+ and a GeForce 6600 it will be a "Slide - Show" :)

A couple more projects coming soon... Hacker model products Hyperion Sniper XL and Zoom4U

Attachments

• 2008-03-17_Sniper_XL.jpg
    2008-03-17_Sniper_XL.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 2008-03-19_Zoom4U.jpg
    2008-03-19_Zoom4U.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 23
brentg said:
A couple more projects coming soon... Hacker model products Hyperion Sniper XL and Zoom4U

Hey, thats really cool, do you think you can whip up a version with floats? I saw a nice hobby-lobbby kit with optional floats.

Nice work!

Back