Pzl p1

Don't get me wrong, you can continue with it just fine. However, modifying your geometry will be so much less confusing with it back to quads. If you feel comfortable like it is, then have at it. Just trying to save done frustration in the end.;)

Here`s the one I saved. All I had to do was cut the fuse,so I could get the RT. half, and add/copy the wheel

Attachments

• ScreenShot159.jpg
    ScreenShot159.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 4
  • ScreenShot158.jpg
    ScreenShot158.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 4
  • ScreenShot157.jpg
    ScreenShot157.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 3
Just a few progress shots, did some work on the cockpit and cockpit rails, windshield & vert. stab

Attachments

• ScreenShot165.jpg
    ScreenShot165.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 8
  • ScreenShot164.jpg
    ScreenShot164.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 6
  • ScreenShot163.jpg
    ScreenShot163.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 7
  • ScreenShot162.jpg
    ScreenShot162.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 5
  • ScreenShot161.jpg
    ScreenShot161.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 6
Thanks FE, it finally has a snout on it. Probably needs a little tweaking though.:p

Attachments

• ScreenShot167.jpg
    ScreenShot167.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 6
  • ScreenShot166.jpg
    ScreenShot166.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 5
Added struts, highlighted the plane, tessed/ tringed and got a face count of 3130, does this mean I have roughly 16,000 to play with..???

Attachments

• ScreenShot172.jpg
    ScreenShot172.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 4
  • ScreenShot171.jpg
    ScreenShot171.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 3
  • ScreenShot170.jpg
    ScreenShot170.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 4
  • ScreenShot169.jpg
    ScreenShot169.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 4
What do I do with the windshield "glass"..??? do I have to give/name it a diff. material,...and if so how??...tried searching, did`nt come up with anything decisive.

You will need to select all faces of the windscreen. Now, you can do this one of two ways. Preferably, Ill usually just bake the glass transparent. Or, you can map it and give it the ~ALPHA or ~CANOPY material so you can control the alpha on the .tga.

Either way, do the following: Select all faces of the glass, open the menu, right click "material", give it a name, adjust properties.

If baking, name it anything you like, and adjust the opacity slider in the material properties popup.

If mapping it for tga control, name it ~ALPHA or ~CANOPY and leave the opacity alone.

Below is a description of the material differences.

Attachments

• ScreenShot118.jpg
    ScreenShot118.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 8
OK, I should mention that i`ve made/created an inside and an outside of the windshield glass/pane, so that it would have some "thickness" if that`s the right terminology, does that make a diff....??? I`m leaning towards the baked, if I understand you correctly...I don`t care if it can be changed in the future.

I'd bake it. Two sided is fine as long as the two sides aren't too close. You'll find that out in RF if they are. Easy fix if that happens.

A couple more progress pics. Added tail skid, rudder, footstep and "cleared" the windshield, rearranged the IP. Should I do a cleanup or a smooth at this point. I`m going to add a seat and headrest next and/or the radiator/ oil cooler.??? to the bottom of the fuse (see pics. on page one)

Attachments

• ScreenShot174.jpg
    ScreenShot174.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 6
  • ScreenShot173.jpg
    ScreenShot173.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 9
No smooth!!! Use your hard edges to set smoothing. As for a cleanup, not sure what you mean actually. There is an option in object mode that reads cleanup. Select all objects, hit cleanup, and it will remove isolated verts. However, if you added verts along the way to shape something up, and they only have the one edge loop running through it, they will be removed, so I really don't recommend it at this point.

Are you keeping an eye on your poly count? Just curious where you're at. Once you start the details, they really go fast.

Thanks Andy, I`m going to redo the foot step tomorrow. I`ll get a poly count after that. Here`s a couple shots of my hard edges. Should I add some...???? Also, when and how can I/ should I do a render...???

Attachments

• ScreenShot176.jpg
    ScreenShot176.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 5
  • ScreenShot175.jpg
    ScreenShot175.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 5
Another ? I have is...should I have modeled the spinner with the plane, and then cut it loose, or, as I have done, and used a separate cone, you can see the highlights around the spinner, I`m thinking, after it`s painted, it won`t be a prob.,...thoughts

Attachments

• ScreenShot177.jpg
    ScreenShot177.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 4
I always start from the model for the spinner. It just comes out cleaner that way.

As for the HEs and renders, Ill get back with you in a little while on that. Gotta look for a few things on renders.

Ok, your hard edges look pretty good, but Id remove the ones around the wing leading edge and tips unless you want it to look like a knife coming at you. Also, remove the ones on your rims, and add some to define the transition between the tire and rim. The rest looks pretty close. Remember, you only want hard edges where there will be a distinct crease, or edge. It also looks like you've got them running across the decking in the cockpit area. Depending on what you're looking to have going on there, you may want to remove those as well.

Now, for rendering, Download THIS. I dont think there's any special install location. Once in Wings, you'll have to setup lighting. I usually just use the infinite light, but you can play with the different ones to find which ones you like. Then under the file tab, select render>kerkythea (click the box to the right so you can adjust the image size, save location, and other options) That should get you to a basic render.

Last edited:
I feel weird reading in this thread since I have no idea what your talking about :) Looking good UT you seem to be getting the hang of it.

Back