Pzl p1

I feel weird reading in this thread since I have no idea what your talking about :) Looking good UT you seem to be getting the hang of it.

Welcome to my world and max talk a few months ago.:p

Do you know how long it took me to finally figure out what a smoothing group is?

Ok, your hard edges look pretty good, but Id remove the ones around the wing leading edge and tips unless you want it to look like a knife coming at you. Also, remove the ones on your rims, and add some to define the transition between the tire and rim. The rest looks pretty close. Remember, you only want hard edges where there will be a distinct crease, or edge. It also looks like you've got them running across the decking in the cockpit area. Depending on what you're looking to have going on there, you may want to remove those as well.

Now, for rendering, Download THIS. I dont think there's any special install location. Once in Wings, you'll have to setup lighting. I usually just use the infinite light, but you can play with the different ones to find which ones you like. Then under the file tab, select render>kerkythea (click the box to the right so you can adjust the image size, save location, and other options) That should get you to a basic render.

How do I get that program into wings...????

I'll check in a few, but as far as I can recall off hand, you don't. Wings actually exports into kerkythea and renders there. One thing to remember, when naming the file, use no special characters or spaces in the name. It'll go through the paces, but won't render an image.

I'll get back after I check something out.

Under "EDIT" go PLUGIN PREFERENCES>KERKYTHEA. Then in the popup, navigate to the kerky file on your computer.

Attachments

• ScreenShot125.jpg
    ScreenShot125.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 4
  • ScreenShot126.jpg
    ScreenShot126.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 4
OK Andy, your going to be pissed., now when I open wings, my file is there, but when I open the file, it does not appear in wings. I may have exported it to the rendering program in my haste to learn...:eek::eek::eek: ..thoughts...take your time.............................it`s not looking good for my avatar:(:(:(..prayers are welcome

What file are you talking about? Your model file? or the render?

Are you saving incrementally like Ive suggested? If so, there should be a file in the location you are saving to prior to the messed up file.

yes I was saving inc. now when I open the latest model files (2 latest) in wings nothing appears on the wings screen, except an empty wings screen,no model to work on. I may have exported one or both to the rendering program. how do I find them in, if so, I`m about ready to quit, becoming to much of a learning curve. thanks for your help and patience.

Don't quit!!! You've come too far.

Have you tried a full computer search?

Is there anything showing in your geometry graph/material box?

Under select, hit unhide all objects in case you somehow hid them.

Try zooming out.

You can also try to open kerkythea directly and see if you can find it there.

I don't see how trying to render would delete everything, but stranger things have happened, I guess.

? #1....no....how do I do that???
? #2....no ?
? #3.... tried....nothing
? #4....nothing
Where/how do I look in kerythea, I need some nav. instructions and/or pics.take your time no rush on my end

Sorry for the delay. Been real busy today. One more question. How are you opening your files? The open option, or the recent files at the bottom of the file menu?

I`ve been using the open option on the top of the menu. I tried using the ones on the bottom yesterday, got the same results
I think I may have exported it to kerythea somehow...just trying to play around with rendering. So I`ll ask again, how do I nav. kerythea to find a model....???

My install created a shortcut on my desktop. If not there, there should be an exe in the install folder.

When you downloaded kerkythea, it added an install folder somewhere on you computer. Probably in your program files, or downloads. Inside that folder, there should be an exe file to start kerkythea.

Just click that to open, but you'll still have to find the file more than likely. It might appear in a recent file, but kind of doubt it. In the event we get this back for you, I highly recommend saving your file before rendering, or getting your poly count. That way, if you forget to undo something, or accidentally delete things, you're still ok.

You keep saying you might have exported it to kerkythea. Why do you say that? You would have had to select export, rename the file, and give it a destination. Even then, your older versions should still be ok. I would also think you should be getting popup asking about an auto saved file. Sometimes these renders take long enough to do that wings will have time to auto save once or twice before its done.

I can open kerythea ok, I did hit export in wings, clicked on the little box, scrolled to kerythea, clicked that, it did`nt ask for a rename, that`s why I think it`s there, that`s why I`m asking how navigate kerythea, so i can find out if it`s there and poss. send it back to wings......but still can`t figure why it`s gone from wings

Now we're getting somewhere. Ok, open wings and go to the export options and see what file extension kerkythea uses. What happened is you removed the .wings from the end of your file and replaced it with whatever kerkythea uses and wings doesn't recognize it anymore. Once you find it, go to import and try to import it back into wings.

It appears that it uses the .xml ext. "once you find it",..???, Am I suppose to look in kerythea..??,and if so ,where and how,navigating kerythea is new to me. I might need some pics. take your time

Back