Pzl p1

Open wings, and open your models empty file. Create a box or anything really. Now, repeat the steps you did with your model up to the point where you finalize the export process. Don't export, but look at where its going to save your file to. That's probably where your file will be. Cancel the export screen out, and choose to import the xml file type. Navigate to where it was going to save. I'll bet you find your file there.

Ok I kinda get what your saying, but where am I suppose to look, I could`nt see anything about where a file was suppose to be saved to

Not at home, so I can't look, but there should be a file path listed somewhere. I'm betting its going to be the same location that your wings files have been saving to.

Would you consider a team view session? That would let me into your computer to help look. I assure you, nothing else would be done.

Ill have to see how things are going at home tonight, but Im thinking somewhere around 9:30 cst tonight. After the kids get in bed. That sound ok?

When you tried to find the export location, did you get this far? or did you stop at the kerky export options popup? The file location is listed at the top of this box. Go ahead and confirm the export popup box to get here. Just dont confirm this popup.

Attachments

• ScreenShot127.jpg
    ScreenShot127.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 8
here is what I have left, this however is the fuse and wing before I did a loop cut/mirror. where do files go when you delete them from your recycle bin..??

Attachments

• ScreenShot178.jpg
    ScreenShot178.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
when you permanently delete files, The computer ignores them, and they can be overwritten, like they are empty space.

Last edited:
There's no wings files at all?:confused:

Try this. hit your windows startup icon in the bottom left of your screen, then hit computer. In the top right youll see a search box. type in the name of your file (minus any file extensions). This will search your computer and will bring up anything with what you typed in. You can then look at the file path to see where its located if the results prove positive.

Thanks Flare, that`s what I have between my ears these days:eek:
Andy, this is what I came up with, and yes, I still have wings on my desktop, just no pzl files in it when I open wings. I was clearing my recycle bin, in doing so, files were deleted in wings as well, does`nt make since to me. I was also deleting pzl file in wings, that I thought were useless, however I did`nt delete the one that I was using to model. It just dissappeared. at any rate .............what can I do from here?

Attachments

• ScreenShot179.jpg
    ScreenShot179.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 3
Let me think on it. Its not looking good unless a system restore to a previous date would bring them back. As long as nothing important has happened on your computer the past few days, it might be an option worth looking into. Just takes a few mouse clicks. Don't suppose there's a Plz p5?

here`s what I got with PZL

Attachments

• ScreenShot180.jpg
    ScreenShot180.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 4
  • ScreenShot181.jpg
    ScreenShot181.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 3
  • ScreenShot182.jpg
    ScreenShot182.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 5
  • ScreenShot183.jpg
    ScreenShot183.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 3
  • ScreenShot184.jpg
    ScreenShot184.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 4
2 more, the last two my overlap

Attachments

• ScreenShot185.jpg
    ScreenShot185.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 5
  • ScreenShot186.jpg
    ScreenShot186.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 4
Ok. Each one of those with the wings gear icon beside it is a file. I would start with the second listing (ignoring the first of each duplicate) and see what is there. If nothing, go back and try the pzl p3 files (again, ignore the first listing), and so on. It logs like you're saving to c:rick>recent. So, your export file should also be there as well. I do see an export file listed with a significantly larger file size. That may be your file, but you're not showing file extensions, so I can't say for sure.

Ok, I kinda get what your saying, so, I go back and do another search, to bring up the files again,then rt or left click..?? on a particular file. what`s going to happen/ what should I be looking for/expecting to happen. which one would YOU click on first...:D

Back