Rating Misuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
josh0987 said:
Yeah, and what about the kids that use this forum :rolleyes:

Not Important, all they do is dig up old threads that should stay buried.

Like quoting a post that is Over 1 year old, for instance. :rolleyes:

I feel there should be an appropriate place/section to rate and comment about the KE created models and airports. (G3.5 - G4 included models and airports along with the Exp Packs 1-5 models and airports)

This would allow the users to rate and comment about the models that KE has created. This would serve a couple purposes:

1. It would certainly help potential buyers know which Exp Packs have the quality of models they are looking for. (I've seen it many times where members ask advice on which Exp Pack others would recommend)

2. This would also serve as great feedback to the KE staff, so they would know where they need to improve upon their work.

phrank said:
Not Important, all they do is dig up old threads that should stay buried.

Like quoting a post that is Over 1 year old, for instance. :rolleyes:
Oh but theres where you're wrong, I didn't.

Oh and... If I want to "dig up" up a old thread.... I WILL

josh0987 said:
Oh but theres where you're wrong, I didn't.

Oh and... If I want to "dig up" up a old thread.... I WILL

Paranoid are you?? He never directed that comment towards you.....your guilty conscious just interpreted it that way.

you can't misuse ratings, it's what you think of it.....you need no facts to support your opinion, no citations, eventhough it would be better to have some facts......No one's opinion can be wrong.......It is literally impossible to misuse the rating system......It be best to just let it go.........

Wolf Phantom II said:
Digging up old threads isn't that great, but hey, it's better than starting a new one and atleast people are using the search function. :eek:
Hey Wolfie, can you repeat that a couple more times for me?!?

Seriously Josh, I'm not interested in your opinion of me. Perhaps you did not see the irony of the #1 thread starter recommending that people reply to an existing thread rather than starting a new one.

jeffpn said:
Seriously Josh, I'm not interested in your opinion of me. Perhaps you did not see the irony of the #1 thread starter recommending that people reply to an existing thread rather than starting a new one.
I don't care about the "traditions" on this forum, like "don't dig up a old thread" <--- BS.

Adam Taylor said:
There's nothing wrong with an '8' rating and no comment.

Actually I'd go one better and say that there's nothing wrong with any rating above a 5 with no comment since a 5 and above is "positive" feedback.

Except for the fact that I was flamed for leaving comments on these boards for ratings of 7 and 8 just a few weeks back ... it seems that the modelers here don't like anything less then a 10 and feel that they're not being rated fairly unless they're given a 10 for all of the work and effort put into their creations. Apparently they don't understand that good (6), very good(7), excellent(8) and spectacular(9) are actually positive ratings. Nor do they understand that the end product is being rated and not their efforts.

Law said:
Except for the fact that I was flamed for leaving comments on these boards for ratings of 7 and 8 just a few weeks back ... it seems that the modelers here don't like anything less then a 10 and feel that they're not being rated fairly unless they're given a 10 for all of the work and effort put into their creations. Apparently they don't understand that good (6), very good(7), excellent(8) and spectacular(9) are actually positive ratings. Nor do they understand that the end product is being rated and not their efforts.

Nothing wrong with that.

The problem with all of this is that there has been no understood "standard" or basis for ratings.... that plus the kiddies at play...

A small "how to rate" header may be advisable.

Law said:
Actually I'd go one better and say that there's nothing wrong with any rating above a 5 with no comment since a 5 and above is "positive" feedback.

You were not "flamed" for your ratings. In all actuality Law, you get flamed by a lot of people for the fact of you tell people exactly how a plane should fly as if you had the plane and flew it yourself. You also leave bad remarks over a plane on swaps that doesn't have panel lines or whatever. How exactly do panel lines effect a planes flight and when in flight, when do you see them? I myself did not get upset with you over the ratings, it's the fact of I see a negative opinion from you all over the forums in any category. You just seem bitter about something all the time and it gets irritating at times. BTW, I had already apologized to you on the thread about everything.

pplace said:
I feel there should be an appropriate place/section to rate and comment about the KE created models and airports. (G3.5 - G4 included models and airports along with the Exp Packs 1-5 models and airports)

This would allow the users to rate and comment about the models that KE has created. This would serve a couple purposes:

1. It would certainly help potential buyers know which Exp Packs have the quality of models they are looking for. (I've seen it many times where members ask advice on which Exp Pack others would recommend)

2. This would also serve as great feedback to the KE staff, so they would know where they need to improve upon their work.
Now thats a good idea.While making colourschemes for the Krill Katana from EP5 i noticed a few problems with the texturing,Also they have textures for the pilot head but the visor on the helmet is opaque so its pointless.It would be great to have somewhere to comment on the EP1-5 models.

I personally would like to see the 1 - 10 rating done away with completely, and only leave the remarks secton, with remarks optional. That way it could be for positive feedback, (ie., Great job, unique colors and well balanced. ) or for constructive criticism, (ie., Colors too close for good contrast, and lacks balance. )

jeffpn said:
Hey Wolfie, can you repeat that a couple more times for me?!?
It's better than starting a new one
:D