Rating Misuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cowboy said:
You were not "flamed" for your ratings. In all actuality Law, you get flamed by a lot of people for the fact of you tell people exactly how a plane should fly as if you had the plane and flew it yourself. You also leave bad remarks over a plane on swaps that doesn't have panel lines or whatever. How exactly do panel lines effect a planes flight and when in flight, when do you see them? I myself did not get upset with you over the ratings, it's the fact of I see a negative opinion from you all over the forums in any category. You just seem bitter about something all the time and it gets irritating at times. BTW, I had already apologized to you on the thread about everything.

I think you're wrong - I've never said anything about panel lines in a color scheme. I did state that I thought a particular color scheme was "plain". In all actuality I think the "plain" color scheme was chosen for it's simplicity. Why choose an "Atlantic" scheme for a WW II warbird known for it's Pacific efforts? But, that's beside the point. I thought the scheme was plain, simple and not worth a 10 rating. The fact that it was part of an EA that was also considerably less then "perfect", and I stated my reasons for that opinion, does not and should not be the provacation for a personal attack.

I've never said anything about "how a plane should fly". I've stated that a plane of a particular size and complexity should weigh more then a certain weight ... but I said nothing about how it should fly. In fact, if anything, I've stated that even at an unrealistic weight the plane flies great ... I voiced my opinion, I gave reasons for that opinion and you saw that as negative. Yet you want to know why someone doesn't think a creation is perfect - seems like a bit of a contradiction to me.

You should realize that there are no emotions applied to the words on this computer screen by the person placing them here. Any and all emotions come from the person reading them. If I said that I thought that Jim Bourke rated a 6 for his managierial skills, someone reading that could conclude that I had a positive bias about Jim Bourke. Others would think that I thought he was a marginal manager. Some would think that I hated Jim. Yet, there's not any emotions attached to those words - I'm sitting here deadpanned - the same as if I were rating an EA on the swaps and giving my opinion ... It's my opinion that you (and others) think that I'm always negative only because you don't want to agree with anything that I have to say. If there are no emotions coming from this side of the computer screen why else would you consider me negative about everything? You'll even go so far as to "place words in my mouth" that I've never said and to fortify your position by making false accusations. :confused: All in a false effort to place a positive reenforcement to your position.

Law said:
I think you're wrong - I've never said anything about panel lines in a color scheme. I did state that I thought a particular color scheme was "plain". In all actuality I think the "plain" color scheme was chosen for it's simplicity. Why choose an "Atlantic" scheme for a WW II warbird known for it's Pacific efforts? But, that's beside the point. I thought the scheme was plain, simple and not worth a 10 rating. The fact that it was part of an EA that was also considerably less then "perfect", and I stated my reasons for that opinion, does not and should not be the provacation for a personal attack.

I've never said anything about "how a plane should fly". I've stated that a plane of a particular size and complexity should weigh more then a certain weight ... but I said nothing about how it should fly. In fact, if anything, I've stated that even at an unrealistic weight the plane flies great ... I voiced my opinion, I gave reasons for that opinion and you saw that as negative. Yet you want to know why someone doesn't think a creation is perfect - seems like a bit of a contradiction to me.

You should realize that there are no emotions applied to the words on this computer screen by the person placing them here. Any and all emotions come from the person reading them. If I said that I thought that Jim Bourke rated a 6 for his managierial skills, someone reading that could conclude that I had a positive bias about Jim Bourke. Others would think that I thought he was a marginal manager. Some would think that I hated Jim. Yet, there's not any emotions attached to those words - I'm sitting here deadpanned - the same as if I were rating an EA on the swaps and giving my opinion ... It's my opinion that you (and others) think that I'm always negative only because you don't want to agree with anything that I have to say. If there are no emotions coming from this side of the computer screen why else would you consider me negative about everything? You'll even go so far as to "place words in my mouth" that I've never said and to fortify your position by making false accusations. :confused: All in a false effort to place a positive reenforcement to your position.

Won't have to worry about it anymore and as far as the "plain CS" thing goes, you should ask why it was chosen before attacking the person for putting it on the plane

Cowboy said:
Won't have to worry about it anymore and as far as the "plain CS" thing goes, you should ask why it was chosen before attacking the person for putting it on the plane

Doesn't matter why it was chosen. What difference would that make? It's still a plain scheme and doesn't deserve a 10 rating. Sure it's even an actual paint scheme for 1944 (or was that '46?). But, your scheme was lacking detail and it even had some imperfections. So it's not "perfect" and only deserves a 7 ... in my opinion. And, of course you know what they say about opinions - everyone's got one, just like as...le's

Law said:
Doesn't matter why it was chosen. What difference would that make? It's still a plain scheme and doesn't deserve a 10 rating. Sure it's even an actual paint scheme for 1944 (or was that '46?). But, your scheme was lacking detail and it even had some imperfections. So it's not "perfect" and only deserves a 7 ... in my opinion. And, of course you know what they say about opinions - everyone's got one, just like as...le's

I'm sure I have asked this but, Have you ever tried to make a color scheme? Post one and we shall see?????????

I'm sorry sorry but I have not seen anything from you....

Try on this model??

Last edited:
Man

Real flight has the wonderful ability to allow any user who bought the program and can read to change the flight physics to how they think the model should fly, how there favorite RC fly's, or how they fantasize it should fly. There even the ability to change the color scheme to there personal liking to matched there RC or just to go wild and have fun. Again all this is the USER ABILITY TO CHANGE AND CONTROL. If you bought and like the program you should be happy with all the nice models and schemes that came with program and the added bonus that people take time out of there busy life to create new ones and share then with the other out there that like the sport and the program. If you do not like it, change it, paint it, and share it.

I'm wondering how much people would gripe if the Modelers just posted the Raw Kex file and a blank Targa file like the examples below

Attachments

• GRIPE01.JPG
    GRIPE01.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 49
  • GRIPE02.JPG
    GRIPE02.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
tnorton12000 said:
I'm sure I have asked this but, Have you ever tried to make a color scheme? Post one and we shall see?????????

I'm sorry sorry but I have not seen anything from you....

Try on this model??

What does the ability to create a color scheme have to do with voicing an opinion of someone else's color scheme???? I'm sorry, but one has nothing to do with the other!

Yes, I have gimp. Yes, I've created color schemes. It's a pretty straight forward process that takes a bit of time and effort. But, because I don't think that someone's color scheme deserves a perfect rating then that opinion somehow means that I have to be able to create better color schemes then they do????

I don't happen to think that president Bush has done a great job in the 8 years that he's been in the White House. So - based on your statement - I shouldn't be able to voice my opinion of that until I run for president and serve 8 years in the White House???????? Is that really what you think? Because that's what you're saying, or at least implying.

As for Junkboy's comments about changing color schemes and flight characteristics ... I must be missing your point. What does the ability to make changes to models have to do with ratings misuse? Are you saying that if someone creates a model and rates it poorly, that all a user has to do is make changes to it in the editor and then give it a better rating? That's not rating the model that was created ... is it?

josh0987 said:
Just to prove it. Nothing more.

Sorry, I don't have to prove anything to anybody!

And, I'm not about to start just because someone doesn't like it when I tell him that his colorscheme isn't perfect.

Law said:
Sorry, I don't have to prove anything to anybody!

And, I'm not about to start just because someone doesn't like it when I tell him that his colorscheme isn't perfect.
Hey Law, do me a favor. Don't drag me into this in any way shape or form. This is between you and Josh. This is exactly why I'm not a fan of yours. I have nothing to do with Josh saying that to you, so LEAVE ME OUT OF IT

pplace said:
I feel there should be an appropriate place/section to rate and comment about the KE created models and airports. (G3.5 - G4 included models and airports along with the Exp Packs 1-5 models and airports)

This would allow the users to rate and comment about the models that KE has created. This would serve a couple purposes:

1. It would certainly help potential buyers know which Exp Packs have the quality of models they are looking for. (I've seen it many times where members ask advice on which Exp Pack others would recommend)

2. This would also serve as great feedback to the KE staff, so they would know where they need to improve upon their work.

phrank said:
Oooooh,
I'm loving that idea Dane.

inky00 said:
Now thats a good idea.While making colourschemes for the Krill Katana from EP5 i noticed a few problems with the texturing,Also they have textures for the pilot head but the visor on the helmet is opaque so its pointless.It would be great to have somewhere to comment on the EP1-5 models.

I sent my exact post to an admin (after a couple of the good responses to it) and haven't heard anything back from them. At times I do wish that they would be a bit more informative with feedback (as far as I know the pm was never read?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back