Rating Misuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.F.
thanks for the feedback, and now the description includes the controll assignment matrix. :eek:
this is exactly what i need to know, little things like this to make it better.
enjoy
crashed

crashed again said:
O.F.
thanks for the feedback, and now the description includes the controll assignment matrix. :eek:
this is exactly what i need to know, little things like this to make it better.
enjoy
crashed

Any time!

Can you add the control descriptions to the downloadable file (so when someone picks that aircraft, they have the functions in the "descriptions" box)?

Last edited:
I think it's tooooooo late for that, without posting an EA OR AV, which i am trying to avoid (see the TWO c-130's, because the first had issues :( ) doing.
but, the next plane will have it in the "file", now that i have figured out how to put it there.
crashed

I’ll admit that I’m one of the thousands that lurk and download the planes that you guys create. Yet, I’ve never left a comment or a rating. So, first off let me give a very large, if somewhat blanketed, THANK YOU! To everyone who has contributed to the swap files.

I appreciate all of the hard work that you guys do. I also envy you. I only wish that I had the time and talent that it takes to create the many models, color schemes and airports that I have downloaded. The T-37 that I just downloaded and “test flew” is excellent. My compliments to “crashed again” - NICE JOB!

Is it fair to give you a rating of 10 and “dhk79" a rating of 9 for his Decathlon? Another one of my favorites by the way. I don’t think so. That’s why I don’t leave ratings. You’ve both done excellent work. You both deserve credit for your accomplishments. But, I’m not going to compare or “rate” your work against his. Nor am I going to say that your work is perfect or that your work is marginal. That’s not fair to the creator in you.

I don’t think that KnifeEdge deserves a rating of 10 for all of the planes that they create and sell to us in their expansion packs or add-ons either. I’ve tweaked with virtually every plane that I fly on a regular basis. Even if that tweak does little more then change the prop. No ten people will agree that this plane or that plane flies in the simulator the same as the “real” one does. That’s because every plane is different, “built by the imperfect hand of man ...” as they say.

Sorry, didn’t mean to ramble. But, that’s why one of the thousands of people who download, fly and greatly appreciate your efforts, doesn’t leave a rating. Am I wrong? Okay then, convince me that the system is fair and that it serves a purpose and I’ll start leaving ratings.

I agree with you, they should make an optional comment box to go along with your rating, and not make it anonymous. Also I wish KE could only allow the person to vote after they have downloaded the file, since I have a couple things worth a try, but people just give them 2's without even testing them. :( My cent.

Johndou said:
But, that’s why one of the thousands of people who download, fly and greatly appreciate your efforts, doesn’t leave a rating. Am I wrong?.
not at all, you have the choice to rate or not to rate.
i personaly don't care what type of rating a plane i make recieves, but if it is low, many people may chose NOT to download it, because the few people (13 of 270 for my t-37 as of this reply) that do rate the aircraft may dislike somthing and give it a low rating, which is their choice and i have no heartburn over that.
i guess i just want to produce somthing that is worth the time i spent, so i request feedback to help improve the next.
crashed.

I'm just wondering....who's the 5'er? :( It's getting annoying,every single av i upload gets a 5. :( :( Who ever it is be a man and tell me how i can do better. :(
Don't hide in the darkness like a fightend mouse. :eek: Common please? :eek:

on the first page it talks about age verification, in a way that isnt fair. im 14 (if something elses is officialy posted its for comfortability online reasons) And im a straight a student and have already passed most of the tests fo a private pilots license. I think i can handle responsibility.

pilot07 said:
on the first page it talks about age verification, in a way that isnt fair. im 14 (if something elses is officialy posted its for comfortability online reasons) And im a straight a student and have already passed most of the tests fo a private pilots license. I think i can handle responsibility.

That's the problem with something as arbitrary as age restrictions.

I know some 14 year olds that are far more responsible than a lot of 28 year olds.

And there have been some 13 year olds here who once were banned at every turn, and yet have matured to the point that they have become quite welcome and active participants.

It's always hard to draw a meaningful "line" for anything...

I agree with opjose that
It's always hard to draw a meaningful "line" for anything...
but as I said it many times in the past, anonymous voting is the only issue here.
When we post anything our screen name is automatically shown we like it or not and give others easy way to communicate in our little community here.
If this screen name shows up with vote, I guarantee all the #1s will be gone and so many other "not fair" ones too ....
Many people do not have enough courage to say things up front and sign their name under what they say ....
As soon as KE add the screen name to the vote this never ending subject of objective voting will become nonexistent, guarantee :D
The potential #1 would be bombarded with questions, comments and PMs regarding his extreme vote.
We are not anonymous here at all, why do we have to be anonymous when it comes to voting?
We are not electing anybody, we just express our opinions, that's all.

Andrzej

Not that you are wrong, amending the anonymous voting may indeed force some changes...

But, oh boy, watch what will happen when people start arguing each other's poor ratings given.

I go out on a limb and predict that only about 30% of the discussions will be productive, and 30% will end up in name calling...

But, oh boy, watch what will happen when people start arguing each other's poor ratings given.

I go out on a limb and predict that only about 30% of the discussions will be productive, and 30% will end up in name calling...

It will be more to read :D :D ( just kidding of course)
It might start some arguing but then we still have a choice to read 30% productive discussions instead of name calling ones....

Opjose's prediction might be true but I still go for amending the anonymous voting....

Andrzej

I agree...

I agree, the rating system is broken. There is a lot of work that goes into making even a model varient. There is much tweeking that goes on when making large scale, high powered varients. Then to have some self appointed rating cop passing out a "1" to a model because that person *thinks* the source was lifted from someone else without citing proper credit is just plain wrong! :mad: The original model source is *always* listed on the page...

Then to have some self appointed rating cop passing out a "1" to a model because that person *thinks* the source was lifted from someone else without citing proper credit is just plain wrong!
The self appointed rating cop as you call him/her is just an extremely jealous person of not being able to create anything or maybe even one of the creators ...( nobody ever brought that one up ...)who has not enough courage to sign his/her name under his votes :D
We have seen it many times and personally, it does not make any difference to me anymore.
He/she gave me two 1's for SU-27g ...LOL, must have really liked the plane :D
What is much more important for me ( until KE change the voting system to show voter's screen name) is people's responses in corresponding thread.
I think there is no more reason to even discuss the rating system .. all has been told and KE knows about it.

Andrzej

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but does anyone feel the swap pages are being "moderated" by a non admin? I was testing some things by giving files with 2 tens a ten and it was imediatly rated an 8. Nothing has the full ten anymore.
Not complaining but just seems odd that some one feels the need to lower ratings without a comment...

This morning I got up and looked at the swap pages now there is one file with a perfect ten rating and nothing else. Someone has been very busy going through and giving 9 and 8 ratings without leaving a comment.

Lightning

I think that we have a rash of abuse on the swaps because everyone is leaving 10 ratings. A 10 as we all know is "perfection". And, since perfection is impossible to achieve then by giving a 10 rating you're abusing the system. On the other hand, whoever is leaving the 8 and 9 ratings isn't much better - a 9 is superior work and an 8 is excellent work ... I agree that we have a number of excellent creations on the swaps. But, not everything there is excellent or superior and obviously not everything is perfect.

But, at least someone is trying to leave some honest ratings, I applaud their efforts. Now we just need to have someone leave an average rating (5) for every one of those unrealistic 10 ratings.

Law said:
I think that we have a rash of abuse on the swaps because everyone is leaving 10 ratings. A 10 as we all know is "perfection". And, since perfection is impossible to achieve then by giving a 10 rating you're abusing the system. On the other hand, whoever is leaving the 8 and 9 ratings isn't much better - a 9 is superior work and an 8 is excellent work ... I agree that we have a number of excellent creations on the swaps. But, not everything there is excellent or superior and obviously not everything is perfect.

But, at least someone is trying to leave some honest ratings, I applaud their efforts. Now we just need to have someone leave an average rating (5) for every one of those unrealistic 10 ratings.
But there would be nothing wrong with that if they would have left a comment why they deserved an 8.

dhk79 said:
I was thinking more of a system that uses a driver's license or credit card for verification, something that a minor would not have. The only problem with external verification for web sites is that it costs $$$ to implement.

Your idea of making it non-anonymous, and possibly allowing actual comments to go along with the rating, would be more practical.

That is a horrible idea, that just gives your identity away to anyone who wants it, Plus it would be too much work for KE to create a strict security system....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back