REAL FLIGHT NEXSTAR EDITION - LEGACY SUPPORT

SPARTAN 7007

NEXSTAR SELECT IS ALL I HAVE EVER FLOWN, I HAVE TWO NEPHEWS AND TWO GRANDSON'S TO TRAIN AS RC MODEL AIRPLANE PILOTS, AND PROVIDE GEAR TO.

I HAVE SEVERAL NEXSTAR SELECT .046 MODELS STILL IN THE BOX. THIS ALWAYS WAS A GREAT TRAINER AND SPORT AIRPLANE, CAPABLE OF HANDLING .46-.50 TWO STROKE, AND .52-.56 FOUR STROKE ENGINES.

THE NEXSTAR SELECT TRAINER SOFTWARE WAS "REALFLIGHT RC SIMULATOR NEXSTAR EDITION" DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR THE NEXSTAR SELECT AIRPLANE - SEE PHOTO OF LEGACY RC SIMULATOR CD'S.

THERE ARE SEVERAL TECHNICAL CHALLENGES I AM TRYING TO OVERCOME, AS I LAUNCH THE NEXSTAR EDITION PROGRAM ON AN ASUS LAPTOP WITH WINDOWS 10, AND AN ASUS DESKTOP WITH WINDOWS 7.

I WAS IN CHAMPAIGN ILLINOIS YEARS AGO VISITING HOBBICO, GREAT PLANES, TOWER, AND HORIZON BEFORE THE BUSINESS SHAKEUP THAT TOOK PLACE.

I AM NOT THE ONLY OLD TIMER WITH NEXSTAR SELECT MODELS TO FLY, AND I HOPE HORIZON WILL SUPPORT THE "NEXSTAR SELECT" LEGACY VERSION OF REAL FLIGHT RC SIMULATION ALONG WITH ALL THE OTHER GENERATIONS THAT FOLLOWED; G2 UP TO G9.5.

I WOULD WELCOME TECHNICAL TIPS AND INSIGHTS FROM OTHER PILOTS THAT HAVE GONE THROUGH THIS AND FIGURED OUT WAYS TO WORKAROUND THE NUMEROUS ERRORS THAT COME UP WHEN TRYING TO INSTALL THE NEXSTAR SELECT EDITION OF REAL FLIGHT.

SPARTAN SMITH

Attachments

• IMG_20220209_194601.jpg
    IMG_20220209_194601.jpg
    769.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20220209_191636.jpg
    IMG_20220209_191636.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20220209_191406.jpg
    IMG_20220209_191406.jpg
    809.2 KB · Views: 18
Please don't use all uppercase letters. You probably have an important message to share with us, but it's extremely difficult to read when it's in all caps.

I hope others here can help you with your legacy RealFlight software. I wish I could, but I didn't didn't even know that version existed. ?

Last edited:
I don't know whether this will help, but I found the following web page at realflight.com and the following article on this forum about that software...

update: the third link below is a thread mentioned in the second link which may actually help you:

mentioned in the above thread:

Last edited:
Please don't use all uppercase letters. You probably have an important message to share with us, but it's extremely difficult to read when it's in all caps.

I hope others here can help you with your legacy RealFlight software. I wish I could, but I didn't didn't even know that version existed. ?
SPACEBOY, SORRY ABOUT MY TEXT IN ALL CAPS. I AM A 21 YEAR NAVY VETERAN. MESSAGES BETWEEN OUR DESTROYERS AND OTHER SHIPS WERE ALWAYS IN CAPS. I AM USED TO TYPING IN ALL CAPS.

FURTHERMORE, I AM LEGALLY BLIND IN MY RIGHT EYE AND THIS DISABILITY MAKES IT DIFFICULT FOR ME TO READ SMALL TEXT.

FRED SMITH
U.S. NAVY RETIRED
COMBAT VETERAN

Realflight Nextstar edition has not been supported for a very long time. If you are looking to fly the Nexstar in realflight, you can fly it in any newer version of Realflight as it comes as a standard aircraft and has for many years. Realflight Evolution has the Nexstar as a stock aircraft and is the current version of Realflight.

There will most likely be no support for this product as it is not supported on anything newer than Windows Vista, you would be better off updating to a newer version or using an older computer to fly this particular version.

Hi csgill, If I could ask a quick question. If I have RF-X, do I need to upgrade/buy to 9.5 or ?, to fly some of the newer planes? Thank you for your time, This is all new to me. Don

If I have RF-X, do I need to upgrade/buy to 9.5 or ?, to fly some of the newer planes? Thank you for your time, This is all new to me. Don
RF-X has been discontinued and will not receive further updates (including new aircraft). In fact, it is not even owned by Horizon Hobby. If you're looking for new models, you should check out RealFlight Evolution. It offers a whole lot of content out of the box, and ongoing periodic releases of additional aircraft for purchase.

You should be aware that RF-X was a very different product from other versions of RealFlight in numerous ways, including having fewer features but more advanced graphics. RealFlight Evolution offers a lot more in many ways, but is less impressive visually. Be sure to do your own research to avoid any surprises.

Back