Realflight Evolution not working

ThieuTrum

Today i purchased Realflight Evolution. I installed RF Realflight Evolution and a steam account. When I open the game, this 1st issue I am having is that it cannot locate the controller (Interlink DX). 2nd issue, when loading the game, the tool bar for the menu briefly appears and then disappears. Plane on the runway and that's it. no sound, no activity from the controller. Ive read about more 'victems' here with the same issue. Is this problem solved by Real Flight? And if not, do i have to return this product (as i ca'nt work with it)
Thanks in advance!

My PC:
Apparaatname HP-Laptop
Processor12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1235U 1.30 GHz
Geïnstalleerd RAM-geheugen8,00 GB (7,68 GB beschikbaar)
Apparaat-idC2409-6895-4927-9653-F0E086556
Product-id00342-22028-36309-AAOEM
Type systeem 64-bits besturingssysteem, x64-processor
Pen en aanraken Niet beschikbaar voor dit beeldscherm
Beeldschermadapter Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics

EditieWindows 11 Home
Versie22H2
Installatiedatum‎ 27-‎2-‎2023
Build van besturingssysteem 22621.1555
ErvaringWindows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22640.1000.0

It's a well known problem, documented in at least 20 threads. Here are 2 of them:

A well known problem... I'm sorry but i don't expect this kind of problems with a brand new game on a brand new laptop.
The cause is outdated software, why is that not already solved?
Anyway, thanks for your reply. I wil try the solution in the last part of that.

I'm probably one of the lucky ones where the solution doesn't work.:rolleyes:
"An unexpected error has ocurred. Would you like to send an error report to the Real Flight Team"
So i bought a quite expensive flightsimulator and i can do nothing with it (but wait for the update of Direct X).:mad:

I'm sorry that I can't be much help since I don't have a 12th gen Intel GPU, nor do I have Evo. But in those many threads, there are several solutions. Some seem to work for some people, others seem to work for others. And I don't know which solutions work tor which people, or why. Which solutions have you tried? Maybe a different one will work for you.

Thanx for your effort on this.

Just trying i installed Real Flight Evolution on a ten year old laptop and it worked fine (given a ten year old laptop). So i blame Real Flight for not updating their obsoleted software! :mad:

Thanx for your effort on this.

Just trying i installed Real Flight Evolution on a ten year old laptop and it worked fine (given a ten year old laptop). So i blame Real Flight for not updating their obsoleted software! :mad:
Actually, they DID update RF several years ago to get rid of DX9... it was called RF-X. It required a $500+ video card to give adequate frame rates, and was a total failure for people without a super-high end gaming PC. A video card that gave me about 75fps in RF7 gave me 2fps with graphics set to high, and 6fps at minimum settings. Totally unflyable! My understanding is that they're currently working to convert RF to use DX12 instead of DX9.

That speaks in their favour. But the situation has changed. For about a year Intel do'nt support DX9 anymore and more and more PCs are sold where DX9 is no longer supported. Moreover, it did not come out of the blue either. It was foreseeable that this would cause more and more problems.
Luckily I can still use my old laptop, and I have to wait and see when Real Flight is updated.

Did you try the "dxvk intel fix" beta? I have it loaded and working perfectly on my PC, (13th generation i7 Intel CPU with Nvidia RTX 4080).
It has also been reported to work with some AMD video cards.
If it does not work for you then simply repeat the install instructions, but select "None" on the beta drop-down list and hit the X in the top right of the beta screen.
Do not worry about the enter code icon, there is no code needed.

See attached picture for install instructions.

Attachments

• dxvk intel fix.jpg
    dxvk intel fix.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 26
It does seem there are a large number of people that have been robbed, so to speak with this software.
They, HH has made no attempt to inform possible clients before purchasing it of this issue. I only found out after I bought it , started a Steam account. The program didn't work, as I looked on steam info boards I saw a large amount of people had this problem.

Has anyone considered starting a class action suit to get them to fix their mess?

@63Polaris, you didn't post any details about your system or exactly what you're experiencing, but I'm going to guess you would benefit from the currently available RealFlight Evolution DirectX 11 beta! We're actively developing that for general release to all Evolution users in the near future. It has already received a couple updates that address issues users identified, making it all the more stable and ready for use today if you're unable to run the software due to DirectX 9 compatibility issues.

Back