RealFlight G3 graphics card support

toddvan said:
I have a Dell notebook with a ATI Radeon 7500 vedio card. Will this card work? I'v installed the software and do have the DirectX 9.0 but keep getting the error about creating grass or billboards.

I have the save thing going for me.... Using a Dell with the 7500 Mobility Radeon and I have DirectX 9.0

Let me know if you find a solution to it all.

KEN

Hi,

I had the same thing on my laptop until I downloaded the update version of G3. I just bought this, but there was some revisions and it works great now.

I was getting the same errors before I did this.

Scot.

Mobility Radeon 7500C

So you say that G3 will work on Mobility Radeon 7500C if you have the updated version? Is this update downloadable of the internet, or did they come out with a whole new updated product? I am about to purchase G3 and I'm wondering how to tell if it is a later edition if there is one.

Thanks,
Chad

You will have to buy the software, load it, then upgrade to the latest version. The store version can never be the latest update. The update might have come out yesterday, but the boxed CD might have been there 6 months. Goodluck.

Ok I never got an answer to my quesiton so I looked around and found that my graphics card will work w/o shadows. Ok next set of questions not really a graphics card but it will have a little to do with it.

Here is my setup
1.4 ghz amd processor
mx 440 graphics card
330?? mbs of ram
and no sound card whatsoever, my comp wouldnt support it for some reason, so i have some junk something.

so will my comp run g3 at all? I will possibly have a new computer soon but i want to be able to run g3 or atleast a couple of months i am running 70 hertz refresh rate on my graphics. Thanks in advance

HDTV graphics card recommendations

I have just purchased G3 (graduating from G2) and want to drive my 65" widescreen HDTV. What graphics card do you recommend? I am wanting to achieve the sort of quality that was displayed at the Toledo Model Show. My TV has component video or s-video inputs. Can I pick any of the recommended graphics cards, or do I need to purchase a HDTV graphics card?

I've been told G3 might not run very well on an integrated graphics chip. I have a P4 with integrated SIS 650 64mb 3D graphics card with DirectX compatibility and 706MB RAM. It runs G2 with full optimum graphics, but will it run G3 with a decent frame rate? Does anyone have a similar setup?
Thanks

My flaptop has the same SIS 650 integrated graphics setup and G3 wouldn't run on it even with 1gB sys ram. You'll probably have the same problem. I believe that even though your puter will show that you've installed DirectX 9, that some components of D9 will not work on SIS because the chipset was designed and finalized before the final spec of D9 was released.

Dell Inspiron 9300 with go6800

I'm thinking of purchasing a Dell Inspiron 9300 with go6800, while Dell's running an AUD1000 off special. One of the main uses I intend this machine will get is Realflight. If I can, I will be running both G2 and G3 on it. Has anyone had any experience with this

My old laptop broke and its going to take time to see whether my VISA goldcard extended warranty will cover it. It only had a go5200 so I had to run with some settings turned down, but I miss my G3 on my commutes to and from work.

Radeon 9250, DirectX

I'm hoping to configure our new machine to run G3 at some reasonable level (heli's). It's a Dell Dimension 3000 w/3.0 GB P4. The graphics card I add will have to be a PCI (not PCIe) card which I know severely limits me. Knife Edge's graphics card lists the 9200 as compatible. I'm looking at the 9250 w/256MB. However, ATi's specs say that the 9250 supports DirectX 8.1 while G3 requires 9.0. Will this still work? Is there a better PCI graphics card available?

I'm looking at the 9250 w/256MB. However, ATi's specs say that the 9250 supports DirectX 8.1 while G3 requires 9.0. Will this still work?
I don't think that card will perform very well if at all. Any one of the AGP cards listed as working according to this compatibility chart that comes in PCI format will work

AGP vs PCI?

Japhet Stevens said:
I don't think that card will perform very well if at all. Any one of the AGP cards listed as working according to this compatibility chart that comes in PCI format will work

Okay, now I really need help! I guess I'm more ignorant than I thought. I thought AGP cards went into AGP slots and PCI cards only worked in PCI slots. I've scanned the ATi and CNet websites and haven't figured out how to identify an AGP card in PCI format.

If you use cnet, finding PCI cards is easy...

1. browse to cnet.
  2. click components on the reviews column on the left.
  3. click graphics cards in the product finder column on the left.
  4. click Interface type from the Or find by column near the middle of the page.
  5. click PCI in the interface type list near the top of the page.

vedio card for G-3

i just ordered a radeon 9250 but I didn't see it on the vedio card list. Does it fall under the 9200 series or will it not work at all??

I'd like to be able to say yes, but unfortunately we haven't tested that exact card. I'm pretty sure it will work though, since it is very similar to the 9200.

g3 compatibility

I am considering G3, but I am concerned about my hardware. I am using 2 GHz Athlon with 512mb ram. I have GeForce Ti4600 ith 128mb of Ram. Can I realisticalyl run G3 smoothly at a high resolution? If not, will a new video card make a difference?

Back