Realflight G5 ideas...

2 things 12oclock

like Greg said...you have never been to England (i havent either but i hear it is just "smashing")

snow and rain would prepare you for many things other than just flying in percepitation...
it would teach you to fly in limited visibility like foggy mornings

futuramafreak30 said:
I would like more realistic engine sounds.
I wanna hear the "FHWOOMP" the egnine makes when you go from straight and level to hovering.

yeah i like the deep "NEAAOWW" sound DA-150's make when they go by at full power

hey apollo 13...
NOT that I have ever done it before... :rolleyes:
but you CAN edit your last post
Instead of stringing 2-3 posts behind each other here in the forum....it keeps the tread size to a minimum :p

MUST have!!!

GET RID OF THE "SPEED LIMIT," JUST TOTALLY DO AWAY WITH HAVING THE PLANE ONLY BE ABLE TO GO UP TO ABOUT 443MPH, I WANT TO GO F A S T E R ! ! ! ! WAY FASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I would like to see more realistic crashes (e.g. broken props; bent landing gear; torn covering; cracked cowlings and canopies; if you hit your wing on the ground only part of it breaks off but it looks all mangled; if you do a nose-dive your plane will be totally demolished, not just in a few pieces with bulsa "bits" around, but actually the engine, servos, covering, bulsa, landing gear, weals, push rods, receivers, batteries, fuel tanks....etc....; if a turbine powered aircraft crashes it will EXPLODE!!!!!!!!!!!1 :D :eek: ; all of that cool stuff you actually see, and if you have a mid-air with someone, say someone hits the other person's tail, it will just cut off the tail of the other plane and then the other plane will crash).

I would also like to be able to cut off your ribons or have other people be able to cut off your ribbons (so you can do combat).

It would also be cool if you could edit your own night flight lighes, like choose colors and place them where ever you want on the plane, heli, or whatever you fly.

Those are my ideas, I hope to see them in G5! I currently have G3.5 and I would like to upgrade, but I am going to wait for G5 to come out instead fo getting G4.5, and I really hope to see these things in G5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

From the countless rediculous requests to "do away with the speed limit," I have learned that it is there because physics don't make sense past that. There are problems inherent trying to replicate impossible speeds. Don't worry, though. Eventually, you'll mature, and realize this is a sim, trying to behave like real models do.

Maj. Numbskully said:
but you CAN edit your last post

post, what post :confused: :p ;)

post deleted... reason: Maj. Numbskully told me to

i think in g5 there should be guns for dogfighting and exploding bombs for us bomber guys! :D also cocpit guages and views. also for bomber guys a cocpit view looking strait down.

Last edited:
bud anderson 2 said:
i think in g5 there should be guns for dogfighting and exploding bombs for us bomber guys! :D also cocpit guages and views. also for bomber guys a cocpit view looking strait down.
This isn't a combat sim. It's a radio controlled aircraft sim. Out should probably get MSCombat.

It was a bit earlier when we had a thread like this, I put in 360 rotation around the aircraft, lol what a joke.

In my opinion i think G4 is perfect for me, I dont need a better sim. every time one comes out.

I really cannot think of a single feature that will get me to rush out and buy the next version of Real Flight. I would like the streamers for combat practice. I don't care what you add in features... if you want to add some game like features, that is fine with me, as long as you do not mess up the RC aspects of the sim. Just because I don't use or like a feature, does not make it un-important for someone else.

I might even try some of those bombing runs and rocket attacks. A game is for relaxation and enjoyment. What is RC? Don't take it so seriously folks. It is a hobby.

I'm not saying not to use RF in any way that makes you happy. Use the Interlink to prop your door open, I don't care. And I'm sure GP will sell you all the $200 doorstops you want. My point is that combat missions have nothing to do with RC. Read what he wants to do, and the features he wants. It's not a feature of RC. If you want combat features, buy a combat program. Just don't be disappointed when the next (or any) version of RF doesn't have combat features.

Last edited:
Here are my ideas:
1. Better jet sounds
2. Stock aircraft ideas: Comp ARF SuperXtra, Comp ARF Flash, GP 1/3 Eagle 580, Reactor 1.60/50cc, Skyraider Mach 1 (for newbies)
3. Engine sound list: DA50, Jetcat P-120, Moki 400
4. Realistic stress factor on planes and helis.
5. Crash effects: Covering rips, bent landing gear, more carnage, fire when jets crash ;)

oh ya i seen this one video of rc warbirds dogfighting and exploding with pyro of copurse mabey the guns are a bit much but still its aq thought.
it some more stuff g5 needs is more planes and heli sounds. im not sure if you can do this now but headphones for online chat too much time typing not enough flying. and better visible dammage on planes and helis wings and rudders just aint enough show its fuseilage broke in half. and for a new plane a mud duck

Last edited:
bud anderson 2 said:
im not sure if you can do this now but headphones for online chat too much time typing not enough flying.

You can do it now, yes. Voice chat is a current feature of G4.5.

bud anderson 2 said:

I like that idea, and to add to that, I think you should be able to drop EXPLODING bombs and shoot EXPLODING rockets/missiles!!

Also, jeffpn, you'll see when someone breaks the world record for highest speed ever achieved for civilian rc aircraft.

Oh yea, I almost forgot jeffpn, one more thing..........it would do you good to watch this vid.......it will put things into perspective for you with rc combat :D http://www.rcwarbirds.com/Video/Exploding Zeros.html ........i know they have charge on them, but still, all the same. :cool:

extreme4dkid said:
Oh yea, I almost forgot jeffpn, one more thing..........it would do you good to watch this vid.......it will put things into perspective for you with rc combat :D http://www.rcwarbirds.com/Video/Exploding Zeros.html
Wow, that was neato :rolleyes: Not really combat now, is it?
extreme4dkid said:
........i know they have charge on them, but still, all the same. :cool:
You already have that option in G4 : DestroyVehicle.

I guess we'll have to wait for G5 to get some nifty combat features, huh? It wouldn't surprise me to see cuttable streamers, but that'd be it. There won't be exploding rockets and missiles, etc.

Last edited:
Back