Realflight G5 ideas...

Thats pretty simple really ...
just make sure that your favorite AP and Air craft is loaded before you shut down RF
they will both load "automatically" the next time you re-start RF

Maj. Numbskully said:
just make sure that your favorite AP and Air craft is loaded before you shut down RF
they will both load "automatically" the next time you re-start RF
Sometimes you scare me!!! :eek:

That's the way I like it Jeff !

and its kind of annoying really
but
That's why people bough in my presence
And no .....its not that I'm conceded.... how could I be?............I know I'm to perfect for that!! :p

just make sure that your favorite AP and Air craft is loaded before you shut down RF they will both load "automatically" the next time you re-start RF

LOL!.................I hope your not serious........

I think the Question Is are YOU really serious? :eek:
what would be the difference really ?
you would still have to choose your AP and aircraft from 2 different lists
and it would just take longer for RF to load while it makes the changes
does it really matter if you have to do that from the launcher or from in RF after it launches?
it really does not cut out any steps
or shorten the wait time...( might even lengthen it!!)
"so you can get right to flying"
besides they are 2 different programs really how is the launcher supposed to know what custom AP's and aircfraft changes that may have been made?? or what ones you have installed in the first place??
don't think the programmers are going to waste their time completely redoing the launcher and adding both aircraft and Ap lists to the launcher on something that really does not change anything in the first place :confused:
besides the last AP and Aircraft that you used
is more times than not
the same you'll use next time!!

Last edited:
Maj. Numbskully said:
I think the Question Is are YOU really serious? :eek:
what would be the difference really ?
you would still have to choose your AP and aircraft
and it would just take longer for RF to load while it makes the changes
does it really matter if you have to do that from the launcher or from in RF after it launches?
it really does not cut out any steps
or shorten the wait time..."so you can get right to flying"
don't think the programmers are going to waste their time on something that really does not change anything in the first place :confused:

Why would it take longer for RF to load? There is no airport or plane loaded when you run the launcher. All that would need to be changed is which one you want loaded.

It was just a thought. I think it is up to the developers to make the call as to whether it is a waste of time or not.

I personally would like to see it implemented. You obviously would not.

WRONG the last ap and aircraft that you used are loaded!!
because it is the RF program
that determins what is loaded
not the launcher
it just the starts the rf program
so once\While rf is loading it would still have to make those changes ....causing you to wait longer!!
since by default it still has the last AP and aircraft loaded
just don't see how it make any thing easier or faster???????
ANY ap or aircraft change has to reload that change no matter when you do that change
that takes time no matter how or when you do it

Last edited:
akz28 said:
I think it is up to the developers to make the call as to whether it is a waste of time or not.
Now that's funny stuff, I don't care who you are!!! When will this thread die?!?!

akz28 said:
Why would it take longer for RF to load? There is no airport or plane loaded when you run the launcher. All that would need to be changed is which one you want loaded.

Hugh?
ahh....... loading changes takes time that's why the call it "loading"

why should it die?
There are a lot of good ideas here (well some) :p

Last edited:
I didnt word that last post correctly. I understand that the launcher does not load the aircraft and airport, it just lauches Real Flight. I meant that choosing the plane/airport through the launcher would then start Real Flight with the plane and airport that you selected.

But I did not know that the last airplane and airport would still need to be loaded and then switched during RF start up.

So if that is the case then you're right it would take just as much time.

Last edited:
jeffpn said:
Now that's funny stuff, I don't care who you are!!! When will this thread die?!?!

I'm not following you. If its not the developers that decide whether a desired feature is worth programming in, who is it then. Look, I know developers for the most part get paid to do what they're told. But it is also their job to provide feedback as to the effort required to do something before a final decision is made.

Forget it. I didnt think it was such a far fetched idea to be able to choose a plane and airport from the launcher, then the launcher starts RF with those choices.
Somone started this thread asking for ideas for G5, I gave one.

I dont expect all the ideas will be implemented
I dont expect everyone to like every idea.
I dont expect to be given a bunch of BS about it.

Last edited:
akz28 said:
I didnt word that last post correctly. I understand that the launcher does not load the aircraft and airport, it just lauches Real Flight. I meant that choosing the plane/airport through the launcher would then start Real Flight with the plane and airport that you selected.

But I did not know that the last airplane and airport would still need to be loaded and then switched during RF start up.

So if that is the case then you're right it would take just as much time.

Save some more time by not even using the launcher. Just create a shortcut for the desktop and launch RF with that.

JimmyG said:
Save some more time by not even using the launcher. Just create a shortcut for the desktop and launch RF with that.

I do not use the launcher unless I need to do an update or something like that.

I usually do start the program from the RF icon.

But in order to incorporate the idea I had, the launcher would have been needed which is why I mentioned it.

deffenantly!

akz28 said:
Lots of good ideas for G5 in this thread.

I would like to see one simple feature added (simple in idea, not sure about programing)

I mentioned this in a previous thread.

It would be really nice to be able to pick your plane and airport BEFORE launching Real Flight.

Adding this feature into the launcher would be nice.
That way you can get right down to flying what and where you want straight away without having to pick another plane and reload another airport once RF loads.

Maybe if this is simple enough to do, these nice folks will incorporate this feature into the G4.5 launcher.

that is a REALLY good idea, and yea, numbscully is right, BUT if you are like me, you don't allways use the same airfield over and over and over, lol. so yeah, i like that idea!!!!

Spasticatedtoad said:
I would like to see a Console Command "showmetheparts" and give you a list of parts you broke.
And make it cross reference an item list from Tower Hobbies website, with part numbers and pricing information.

yes but the individual parts for some are still available I.E. servos , rotor blades, wings,
"crash kits",, landing gears, wheels ,props ... lol.... duct tape etc. etc.

12oclockhigh said:
I would like to see that one... most planes and helis in Real Flight are not available anymore.

Yup that always happens... planes and helis have much shorter shelf lives than software does now-a-days!

However since most of my older planes and helis are still serviceable, I still prefer to see them included in the sim.

I wish my old Venture 50 was in it, along with my REALLY old Kyosho Nexus.

Back