Realflight G5 ideas...

opjose said:
I wish my old Venture 50 was in it, along with my REALLY old Kyosho Nexus.
Sounds like you have a couple of new 3d modeling projects to consider !

The idea of a "Penalty" for crashing has been brought up before but....
I was thinking it would be cool if there was on option that you could turn on or off
(like the random “flight failure” option)
that could be tied into the “showmethemoney” feature.....
a Virtual “RF Hobby Store”
that would stock ever changing random parts
for the particular aircraft that you are flying at the time
So that when you crashed
If the virtual “ RF Hobby Store” was “out of stock” for one of the parts that you needed
you would not be able to fly that particular aircraft for say 10 -15 minutes....
while waiting for that virtual "UPS delivery" of your needed part to the RF hobby shop
And maybe if the store did have that part in stock
that you would still have to wait 5 minutes for the needed repair time
( it could just be a simple notification as to weather or not it is in stock and how long you'll have to wait)
( like in RL !....mean while you could fly something else in your livery)
It would add an incentive to not crash .... not to mention a little (sick) real world realism :p
(lol for even more added realism it may send the wrong part every now and then...
forcing you to have to wait a little longer :eek: :p

Last edited:
aww but that would take the fun out of the sim and not very good for beginers and people learning on there own (not very good idea find a local club).its not a bad idea but its not likley that feature will be put in.

Why would that take the fun out of the simm ?
that's why i said it could be an OPTION that you could turn ON and OFF .....
you telling me you've never had to wait for a part before???
or could still fly your plane after a crash
even if it was missing a key component?
that's some RL stuff...and like i said an incentive to learn how not to crash....
or to learn how to recover from an "error in judgement"
And to not rely on that little red button so much :p

Last edited:
Maj. Numbskully said:
Why would that take the fun out of the simm ?
that's why i said it could be an OPTION that you could turn ON and OFF .....
you telling me you've never had to wait for a part before???
or could still fly your plane after a crash
even if it was missing a key component?
that's some RL stuff...and like i said an incentive to learn how not to crash....
or to learn how to recover from an "error in judgement"
And to not rely on that little red button so much :p
well beginer wont use it but seasoned pilots will. but the delay i thibk is a bit much plus you can just get a new plane any way.

I would like to see a better way of managing/selecting aircraft. When you add all the expansion packs/addons and a few custom models, it sometimes gets difficult to find the one you're looking for. Perhaps a categorizing by characteristics of the aircraft: wingspan, power source (electric/glow), wing type (high, low, biplane), heli vs fixed wing, trainers vs sport vs 3D vs scale, etc.

Maybe a favorites folder where you can keep the ones you use the most.

I also like some of the other ideas already mentioned -- especially the glider enhancements (high-start, winch, towing).

In the "select aircraft" menu
there already are different options on how to set up your "aircraft list"(bottom right)
next to "Grouping"
I set mine up by "airframe " that works well for me
it lists every plane type individually by "airframe "
regardless if it is from an add-on or from an ex. pack or the swap page
I like the idea of a favorites folder too
and breaking them up by Gliders, helies, bipes, jets etc. ....that WOULD make things easier still :D

Attachments

• ScreenShot1000.jpg
    ScreenShot1000.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
A favorite aircraft where you have the aircraft you use the most already exists. Use the Interlink to select your aircraft. It's one of the grouping options.

not sure if its been said but i want a more realistic heli crash :) like the "when you crash in 3D mode and it beats it's self to pieces / beats the blades and spins around in a circle" crash :D would also like to see the ratchet gone from the interlink :p

would also like to see other things that have been menchened e.x.

Realistic plane crashes, broken props ect, weather (rain,snow,fog)

:D

Many people have modified their Interlink to eliminate the ratchet. But it's easier to modify to eliminate ratcheting than if it came from the factory with smooth action and making it ratchet later.

Greg.B said:
  • More realistic weather - a live changing climate including rain and snow (you may ask “Why do we need rain and snow? I wouldn’t go flying in rain or snow!” my answer would be “You obviously haven’t been to England :D”.)
found something interesting in the 4.5_048 .ini file
entries for
Snow , Rain and humidity!!!! :confused:

I'm aware of the existing grouping capability. The problem is that you are limited to the groupings already set up (airframe, product, prodct/airframe, none).

I would like to be able to create my own "folders" of aircraft to organize them as I see fit (helis, gliders, favorites, high wing, low wing, aerobats, warbirds, etc)

This may seem excessive, but when you've installed all the add-ons and expansion packs, and a few downloaded custom planes, trying to find the one you're looking for can be a pain.

Yes the ability to "make" folders would be a good idea....
don't think it would be to hard for KE to allow this in the already existent
"Manage User files" option
but until they do listing by Airframe works best for me

I would like to be able to take a screen shot while a recording is playing.....
so you could have more than only one plane it the shot without having to join an mp session

Last edited:
I like the idea of being able to "creat" folders too. I would also like to know, when is the next realflight expected out? Or when do you all think it will most likely come out?

extreme4dkid said:
I like the idea of being able to "creat" folders too. I would also like to know, when is the next realflight expected out? Or when do you all think it will most likely come out?
Hopefully not before we get a few more fixes in 4.5. Can't see paying for an upgrade when there's so much still not working right with the current version.

Regards
Michael

ya i like the idea that thpppttt had...

thpppttt said:
I was thinking also how a "tow" system would be awesome. How about 4 "hardpoints" on each plane (front, back, top, bottom) that could be turned on or off, with a variable length inputted to simulate a cable. For example, A B29 has it's bottom hardpoint active, while the X-15 has its top hardpoint active with a length of "0" on the cable, simulating a bigger plane carrying its parasite payload. A big Piper could have its tail hardpoint active while the glider plane has its front hardpoint active with a length of say 20 or so?

Back