Realflight Screenshots Thread

Norton said:
Remember, don't get caught up in the rating system ;) (As in low marks)
Not at all. I look more at DL's. That's worth more to me. My worst CS has a perfect 10 and my Raven has a 9.8 :confused: Goes to show the ratings are useless to me unless there is a comment telling me why there was a low rating.

Last edited:
abaser said:
I'm confused, 3 5's and 3 10's..........seems there's mixed feelings with this one :rolleyes:It's a shame there's no comments so I would know what to do to advance my skills :D

Uhhh..
It's a Stick Figure, and Jeff Love's it. What else is there to improve on?
Your job is done, move on.

phrank said:
Uhhh..
It's a Stick Figure, and Jeff Love's it. What else is there to improve on?
Your job is done, move on.
:D Could it be that I need to hang up my mouse.......is there room for improvement?

ya
I thought the Dewotine was a complete loser
until it finally got the magic 5 .........now I know the time I spent on it was worth it :p

abaser said:
:D Could it be that I need to hang up my mouse.......is there room for improvement?
Yeah,
Create for yourself, your young one, and maybe your friends.

Share with the swaps if you must, but don't expect any gratitude in the form of ratings, comments or download counts.

And lastly, not all doodles are worth sharing. :p

Abaser,

I know you aren't serious because of the big grin smiley face. If you do however want any kind of advice for modeling philosophy, then yes, make the models for yourself above everyone else. You are your own worst critic, the most appreciative for the hard work you do and you get the satisfaction of flying something you created for yourself. Most importantly, you always improve your skills after every model you create. If you create for yourself you cannot lie to anyone about what you like and dislike about your model. Eventually, people will notice you if you become good enough and you could end up with some paid freelance work like me.

mwilson914 is absolutely right - and even if it seems hopeless, like you can't even learn, anything is possible if you really want to succeed in it, look at me, I haven't even started yet, I'm totally overwhelmed by all the steps, processes, and software options to make an EA but I still know I can do it if I really want to and am willing to be patient with myself and the whole process, and put in the hours of work I need to make something nice, that I can enjoy, and hopefully someday you all can enjoy as well.
Don't panic!

:)

I wasnt serious here guys. I could care less about the ratings. I would rather see comments or suggestions rather than a number. Thats all. This ,CSing and modeling, Has become an addiction to me. No matter what is said, I will continue. Its all about having fun, and if I feel someone might enjoy my creation, it will be uploaded. I appreciate the supportive words though, thank you. Now, lets get back on topic. :D :)

One of my favourite models in RF. :)

Attachments

• screenshot1287194938_m16.jpg
    screenshot1287194938_m16.jpg
    484.2 KB · Views: 26
  • screenshot1287623030_UM5.jpg
    screenshot1287623030_UM5.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 25
Coming soon, this is an early pic. of this CS, there are upgrades to it which I will post when I get some good screenies.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1303768254.jpg
    ScreenShot1303768254.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 29
uncle twist said:
Coming soon, this is an early pic. of this CS, there are upgrades to it which I will post when I get some good screenies.
Gave up on the bump? :confused:

As stated Phrank, it is an early pic. . I will leave the "poor mans" Bump in the final upload.After having finally DL`ed the normal map plug in, I`ve decided I have more to learn before uploading a "true" bump mapped CS. However I think the "poor mans" bump map looks pretty good.If you look close, you can see a diff.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1304107378.jpg
    ScreenShot1304107378.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
twist............
So you got it installed and working?............. and now just need to learn how to use it and make the correct type of layers to use with it right?
if so maybe later on I'll send you some examples so you'll get an idea of how it works

For the longest time I used the poor mans method using the Emboss filter in PS
it got me by...............lol , I came up with it on my own and thought that I had invented the process :p
as you can see it does work pretty good this was the first model I used it on:
https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/9357
I had to do that because I can not get the Nvidia normals plug in to work for PS

it comes up , but when I try to use it more often than not it locks up my PC :confused:

when I got the one for Gimp
at first it also gave me problems
until I did a reinstall of both Gimp and the plug in ................and it now works flawlessly
(yes i tried the same for the PS ....no luck)

Last edited:
Hey Major, sorry I did`nt get back sooner.Yes I got the plug in installed.The windows that popped up were a little different than what you said they would be in your tute,but close enough.Took me about four attempts,but finally got it.As far as it working??,I have`nt tried it yet,so any info/pics you send would be greatly appreciated. ;) :D After about two hrs. of pulling my hair, I finally got a s.tga added, (my first one)I guess the light bulb got a surge on my final attempt, I think that`s when I finally understood what was going on.So in keeping on the topic of this thread, I will throw in a couple screenies of the heli with glossier CS.Kinda hard to see, but looks good in the sim.I`ll look for any reply you may send in my bump map thread or where ever you decide to send ??Thanks again so much for your help.
TWIST

Attachments

• ScreenShot1304612303.jpg
    ScreenShot1304612303.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 21
  • ScreenShot1304612828.jpg
    ScreenShot1304612828.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 21
Whenever I slam into the ground and remove all my landing gears, I always think how nice the plane looks if it had retracts. I'm not the only one that things this right?

Attachments

• ScreenShot1304779592.jpg
    ScreenShot1304779592.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 31
I placed this AP object not knowing that there was a perfect veiw of the ship behind it.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1304781936.jpg
    ScreenShot1304781936.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 33
The "Barge"

Attachments

• ScreenShot1304789917.jpg
    ScreenShot1304789917.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 23
  • ScreenShot1304789974.jpg
    ScreenShot1304789974.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 27