Request Aircraft Here!

TomXP411 said:
Oops...

is this for 3.5? :) I didn't even realize which forum section I was in.

I only have G4 on my main computer, but I think I still have 3.5 on my other computer. I'll have to figure out whether I can create a 3.5 mesh. Either way, I can figure out a way to make it happen... it just might be a little harder (like finding someone on here to create the Kex for 3.5 after I've got the model closer to what I want.)

For right now, I'm working on just adding the physics changes to the built-in Flyzone SkyFly.

Yes, I run 3.5. It'll be a good while before I upgrade, too. If you can swing a 3.5 version, that'd be ideal.

I've kicked off your 'build thread' here in the 3.5 Designers Corner forum, entitled "Wing Dragon 4, a 4-Ch Aileron Trainer". I guess we can take our exchange to that thread and leave the request thread clear for more requests.

I've written to daddy@rizky.cjb.net to seek permission to use his FMS model files as a basis. I'll post in the new thread when I hear back.

Requests

I'll add my vote for the:

Sig Something Extra

Others I'd like to see:

Great Planes Easysport (also a very good second plane).

CMPro Lancair MK55

ModelTech P-47 60 size

Many thanks to the people who work on this stuff! Are pictures of the actual planes of any use? 3 views are hard to come by for some of this stuff... Perhaps a list of whats actually useful would help.

bigbird

I don't know about others, but I actually prefer to work from pictures. I get a better feel for the object that way.

Here's what I like: a good shot of the top, side, and front. These should be taken at max optical zoom on your camera, so that the proportions are as even as possible. Test this by taking a pic at min. zoom, then zoom in and step back... you'll see that the first picture distorts the image, and the second looks more natural.

That's the bare minimum. You should also have close up shots of any interesting details, such as small parts. You should also get the wings and tail surfaces. It would help to see the controls fully deflected, but the important thing is to see the placement and size of the control surfaces. This is a great help when setting up the physics model.

You should also have "flavor" shots... these would be pictures that show the unique aspect of the plane. Most aircraft manufacturers' sites will have shots of the planes in action... they will give you an idea of what makes the plane unique visually.

3 views of Sig Something extra

Hi Tom,

Here are some views of my kit built something extra. If this type is good enough, I'll post some "flavor" shots maybe tomorrow. My shop is small and cluttered so I couldn't get far enough away for full optical zoom (it's 10X) so the shots need some clean up (these are as done as they're going to get) Let me know if these might help.

It has a 46AX and will hover, well I'm trying, almost there...

I'm not sure what it weighs but will find out.

From wing tip to fuse is 24"

Thanks for the reply, I hope this helps someone do this plane, it's a great flier and loads of fun. Need more? Speak!

SPECS: Wingspan: 51.5"
Wing Area: 614 sq in
Wing Loading: 16 - 19 oz/sq ft

Length: 48.3"
Weight: 4.3 to 4.8 lbs.
Airfoil: Mid-Wing, Fully Symmetrical
Contro Throws- Low Rate Travel: High Rate Travel:;
Elevator: 1-1/4" Up 1-1/4" Down 2" Up 2" Down
Ailerons: 1" Up 1" Down 2" Up 2" Down
Rudder: 1-7/8" Left 1-7/8" Right 2-1/4" Lft 2-1/4" Right
Throttle: Full Range of Travel
Center of Gravity: 3-1/2" Back From The Leading Edge Of The Wing

REQUIRES: Engine: .40-.46 (2-Stroke)(with bearings) or .56-.65 (4-Stroke)
Radio: 4 Channel
Servos: 5 Standard
Servo Extensions 6": 2 (ailerons)
Covering: Two 6' Rolls and Paint to match
Misc. Items: 2-1/4" Spinner, Two 2-3/4" Main Wheels, One 1" Tailwheel
Propeller, 8 oz Fuel Tank

Attachments

• front SE.jpg
    front SE.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 9
  • R side SE.jpg
    R side SE.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Top SE.jpg
    Top SE.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
like to get the new scale trex 450 500e

I would like to get the trex 450 with the new scale kit from align the 500e, that would be cool!

funster

What I would like is the funster from hobby lobby. They just re-introduced it and as a arf. I bought one for electric and have one that is 21 yrs old and I did it in a red white and blue scheme much like the super chipmonk. This plane is basicly nothing but a 6 foot telemaster with the wing moved trike gear and flaps. I am tring to upload pictures but they are to large(1meg) and my siple photoshop won't let me change them. wil keep working on them tho--baylor

Has anyone tried to design this plane? I was looking on the swap pages, and did not see this model. Would anyone have any interest in making this model? How hard would it be with the see through covering? I think it would be a really nice model to have.

http://doddington-kent.org.uk/MMFC/Gallery_images/Members2004/Kane_Cliff_Flip.jpg

http://valuerc.com/cart/images/p_ky11141.jpg

http://image2-8.rcuniverse.com/e1/forum/upfiles/109076/Je10128.jpg

http://www.rocousa.com/Kyosho/11141FB-Flip3D.jpg

Here are a fewe pictures. Notice the tail action and the wing tips. It would be based almost off of a UcanDo 46. Most popular variants would have something like a Saito 72. Thanks

Transparency can be done; if you look at the work in progress I posted in the G4 Designer's Corner, you can see the transparent canopy with the pilot figure inside.

At first, I was skeptical of the number of polys it'd need, but going back and looking, I don't think it's that bad. People are doing a lot more sophisticated detail work on some other models: 10,000 polys isn't enough for some of them, but I don't think you'd use nearly that many on this model.

What I would suggest to the potential modeler is to keep the polygons small on the transparent surfaces to minimize the chance of z-sorting errors in the sim. A few extra polygons won't kill performance, but too few will cause strange side-effects.

The only thing I'd be worried about is z-fighting when the plane is further away. Perhaps some tests are in order...

if you look at the work in progress I posted in the G4 Designer's Corner, you can see the transparent canopy with the pilot figure inside

What and where? I looked and couldn't find any models you are working on in the G4 thread? Could you post a link?

Adding a transparent canopy is much less involved than creating complete transparent covering for a complete aircraft. But none the less it's been done in the past already.

Ikarus ECO 8

First off, thank you to all designers that have created and posted such great models on the swaps. I thoroughly enjoy every one that I have downloaded. I tried my hand at it, and have gained a new respect for you guys/gals. I do have a request and hope that some of you have an interest in creating it. My request is for the Ikarus ECO 8 electric heli. Attached are a few pics and specs of ECO 8s. If anyone may choose to attempt this heli and needs more pics/specs, please let me know and I'll try to get some more. Here's the specs on the orange ECO:

Manufacturer: Ikarus
Rotor diameter: 41.7in (1060 mm)
Length: 35.8in (910 mm)
Weight: 44.8oz (1270g)
Motor: Aveox 1406/2y
Battery: 10 cell Sanyo RC2000
Transmitter: Futaba 9zh
Servos: 3 Hitec HS-85BB
Receiver: Futaba R148DF
Gyro: GWS Micro Piezo Gyro
Receiver Battery: 250mAh NiCd

If you choose to change some of the specs (i.e. battery, servos, motor, gyro, etc... for the sake of better performance) please feel free. Thanks for any interest in taking the time out of your ever busy schedules to look at creating this bird.

Attachments

• eco8.jpg
    eco8.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 5
  • eco-8-[1]-b.jpg
    eco-8-[1]-b.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 6
  • EcoLeftMechanics.jpg
    EcoLeftMechanics.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 8
  • EcoRightMechanics.jpg
    EcoRightMechanics.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 9
  • EcoRotor.jpg
    EcoRotor.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 5
I've seen that page before, very nice ECO. I just didn't remember where it was at and couldn't find it by searching. Thanks for the addition.

Edit: Attached is also a side by side size comparo with a Blade CX

Attachments

• ECO Blade Edit.JPG
    ECO Blade Edit.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
please make a Slo-v or Gws Slow stick

can you pleas make a slo- v because i am about to get one and i wana practice flying it before i fly it in real life thanks

----- eggic ------

Back